PDA

View Full Version : Tripping ... must play this song!

smeefsmeef
01-18-2007, 07:46 PM
I tripped out a couple of weeks ago and Holy Shit! Rosetta Stoned and Third Eye kicked my ass ... These songs almost seemed designed for a medicated experience....

RS + TE + ACID = AWESOMENESS

Yay!

hushypushy
01-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Yeah I've been wanting to listen to those...last time I was on shrooms I did Disposition > Reflection > Pushit (Salival) > Smokey & Miho's "Two EPs" album. That kicked my ass for sure.

But next time, Third Eye 100% for sure...I dunno about RS. Did you listen to Lost Keys too? I keep thinking I'll be too scared from that, it scares me a little when I'm sober.

base metal
01-18-2007, 10:01 PM
Listening to these songs while trippin' is what it's all about.

I need to find some doses so I can contribute more to this thread.

smeefsmeef
01-18-2007, 10:11 PM
Yes, You MOST start with Lost Keys! It's horrifically wonderful!

stevejols
02-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Okay Trippers. Next time you try the combo (acid+rs) please listen to the "I forgot my pen" section 5 or so times. Tool lets out some very beautiful studio magic in this section specifically.

A. It sounds like there are several layered guitars (all really quite under the loud one playing fiths and octaves of those fifths). I could be wrong!!

B. Definatley there is some great and also extremely subtle vocal effects. Listen to to the tension and release with the scream building up to the "overwhelmed" part. Wait it gets better then "I forgot my pen" is possibly my favoriote piece of recorded music at this point. So much is going on during such a short section, the word "pen" seems to have some really interesting vocal effects (still extremley subtle) almost like it is cutting in and out really fast or something. Someone with a good ear for records and knowlege of production should elaborate on why this part sounds so good!

Or maybe I just dosed too hard

YOU DECIDE!

P.S.

Tool is fun

resonance.
02-09-2007, 01:05 PM
Rosetta Stoned and Third Eye kicked my ass ... These songs almost seemed designed for a medicated experience....

heh.. ya think?

EssnayRepXTamEt
02-12-2007, 04:26 PM
Last time I tripped I listened to Eon/The Patient, and it blew me away.

Then I put on Jambi, and once again, I was blown away.

Next was RS, and it was totally awesome. My g/f kept talking about how she could actually see the story taking place in her head.

Then Wings part I.... intense stuff (don't ask why I didn't do part II as well).

Gently
02-12-2007, 04:40 PM
wicked! i love to trip to Tool-

especially Pushit, the buzzing noises on Aenima is what gets to me

slamminsalmon
02-12-2007, 04:58 PM
listen to any tool, it will melt you while your tripping

specially if its live

oualt-edu
02-18-2007, 01:26 PM
The Grudge is absolutely insane while sitting on cloud 9 looking at the colors. It sounds like a completely different song. Intension/Right In Two will send you to the ends and back as well. But I have to agree with salmon going to a live show on mind altering substances is the best experience. But there is the possibility that it can go terribly wrong. Watch out for normies that aren't high.

stevejols
02-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Okay i went to the Palace (Pontiac, Mi) tripping. Bad idea! Mistake! Okay the show was amazing. RS and Wings were way way too much. R. Stoned just about killed me actually... I thought I was never going to come down... so I was apparentley the dumb fucker in the song. Anyways... keep this in mind LSD last for 8 hours or so.... Tool shows last for about 3 with opening band. Driving home wasn't cool. I mean we drove fine but it was not fun. Also I thought my friends were losing it as well during RS. A newbie Tool fan that came with us couldn't handle the experience but laughed it off when it was over. Sweet shit.

tryptosaur
03-16-2007, 06:06 AM
I've only been to one TOOL show--Nassau Colliseum, NY on Halloween, 2002. Oh my fucking God! I was on methadone that night and had done some dope the day before "how pitiful"(Reflection). TOOL were connected with me on such a beautiful level that night. Towards the end of the show my brother and I smoked a joint and then "Reflection" came to visit the Colliseum. That was definitely NOT the song I wanted to hear as this weed was spreading through my body and mind. I LOVE that song, but it was so overwhelmingly dark, meloncholly, and repetetive--putting my whole addiction right up front. Dope to me was all about "finding peace within the emptiness", the repetetive structure of the song like the going in circles with heroin and the darkness created by the color of the sound remeniscent of the depressive withdrawal I'd endure.
I wasn't tripping, but for someone who hadn't actually used his brain for anything other than getting opiates for 10 years, it definitely overwhelmed me. After "Triad" they went right into "Disposition" and then as if moving in reverse to the point of my infancy "Lateralus" came through the grace of TOOL to completely tear me from "my self indulgent pitiful hole". It was like being saved. Being lifted up swallowed, spit out, and lifted up again. They showed me that by bringing in libations of the correct allignment all can and shall be revealed in its true context.
Black and white, like pleasure and pain was all I saw in my self-imposed infancy. TOOL is the prism that refracts the light to show us all of the wavelengths that make up the light,but only for those with ears to hear and eyes to see.
Psychedelics such as DMT, LSD, are tools for prying open our third eye. We can use matter, and we can use sound together, but not without INTENT, and not without intelligence.

Inner_Eulogy
03-21-2007, 08:51 AM
You are all the wasted lives Tool is speaking about in their songs, specifically Rosetta Stoned. You people just don't get it. It's like sitting around a bunch of people that speak a foreign language and while they smile at you and talk in english, they will talk amongst themselves in their native tongue and talk shit about how fucking stupid you are yet, you sit and smile completely oblivious to the fact that they all think you're a fucking moron. Every single story on here was about getting fucked up on this or that for no purpose other than to be fucked up and listen to music. Such wasted opportunities.

And FYI...it's fucking lame to constantly quote Tool lyrics in every-fucking-thing you say

smeefsmeef
03-21-2007, 07:25 PM
You are all the wasted lives Tool is speaking about in their songs, specifically Rosetta Stoned. You people just don't get it. It's like sitting around a bunch of people that speak a foreign language and while they smile at you and talk in english, they will talk amongst themselves in their native tongue and talk shit about how fucking stupid you are yet, you sit and smile completely oblivious to the fact that they all think you're a fucking moron. Every single story on here was about getting fucked up on this or that for no purpose other than to be fucked up and listen to music. Such wasted opportunities.

And FYI...it's fucking lame to constantly quote Tool lyrics in every-fucking-thing you say

Well, I'm overwhelmed as one would be, if I tripped to this song (only one time ever.) Well, God Damn, I might as well shit the bed as if what I said wasn't true, even if I'm not serious. Get off your fucking cross, learn to swim, and suck Maynard's dick. Fuck you, buddy.

... and buy my record.

Apachana
03-21-2007, 07:53 PM
We all die someday anyways.

life is a game.
Main objective:
1. Get as many high points, as you can.
2. Have babies that can get high too.

Dangers:
1. Balance the highness. Less High in periods will give opportunities for more high later on.
2. Dying instantly means Reset. no continue.

Highness point can come from all sorts of activity:
Pills, Drugs, Love, Work happyness, Legacy bulding, Creed etc.

Move by will alone.
Be cautious of Pits such as Will-enslaving goverments, relations or Addictions etc.
These compromise future High gathering.

lol :D
NB: Tool Audio-waves cash in for 10.000 high points pr. sec. :D

Inner_Eulogy
03-22-2007, 02:50 PM
Well, I'm overwhelmed as one would be, if I tripped to this song (only one time ever.) Well, God Damn, I might as well shit the bed as if what I said wasn't true, even if I'm not serious. Get off your fucking cross, learn to swim, and suck Maynard's dick. Fuck you, buddy.

... and buy my record.

Ok, only this one time was quoting practically everything funny. You get a free pass in my book.

]v[edusa
03-22-2007, 06:19 PM
Psychedelics such as DMT, LSD, are tools for prying open our third eye. .

I hope you realize that Third Eye is about people who constantly use psychedelics to open their third eye. They are so happy to see the third eye, but when the psychedelic starts to wear off their third eye closes and people figure that the only way that they can open it again is to keep taking psychedelics (pry open their third eye). I believe the point of the song was to point out that you should only have to use a psychedelic once responsibly to get a glimpse of the third eye chakra so that you can understand that there is more to life then only hanging around the will/ego chakra and that you should try to open your third eye without drugs. If you just constantly pry open your third eye then youre never really going to move from the will/ego chakra that the psychedelic brings you back to. If you find a way or go down specific paths to open your third eye without drugs then the third eye isnt going to be running away from you this time.

Rosetta Stoned is about basically the same thing.

Inner_Eulogy
03-26-2007, 09:39 AM
I hope you realize that Third Eye is about people who constantly use psychedelics to open their third eye. They are so happy to see the third eye, but when the psychedelic starts to wear off their third eye closes and people figure that the only way that they can open it again is to keep taking psychedelics (pry open their third eye). I believe the point of the song was to point out that you should only have to use a psychedelic once responsibly to get a glimpse of the third eye chakra so that you can understand that there is more to life then only hanging around the will/ego chakra and that you should try to open your third eye without drugs. If you just constantly pry open your third eye then youre never really going to move from the will/ego chakra that the psychedelic brings you back to. If you find a way or go down specific paths to open your third eye without drugs then the third eye isnt going to be running away from you this time.

Finally I find something I totally agree with you on, well maybe not the whole chakra thing but your general point nonetheless. Maynard has said before in an interview that the whole idea was to take it once or twice and then try to learn how to get back to that place without the use of the drugs. He frowns upon the idiots that are out there and just dropping acid every weekend, or taking whatever drug it is recreationally with no regard.

]v[edusa
03-27-2007, 06:47 AM
Finally I find something I totally agree with you on, well maybe not the whole chakra thing but your general point nonetheless. Maynard has said before in an interview that the whole idea was to take it once or twice and then try to learn how to get back to that place without the use of the drugs. He frowns upon the idiots that are out there and just dropping acid every weekend, or taking whatever drug it is recreationally with no regard.

Before I started really listening to Tool I read on how psychedelics only introduce the higher chakras but then bring you back down to the lower chakras in FOL by Drunvalo.

Drugs like cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine, and 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine tend to enhance the lower chakras even more. Cocaine actually increases your sense of ego.

EssnayRepXTamEt
03-27-2007, 07:46 AM

You're a fucking clown.

Just because I enjoy the experience of listening to Tool when I do psychedelic drugs doesn't mean I am a "wasted life." You're a fucking moron for suggesting such a thing. It's an experience. An experience that I enjoy. Judging people for their preferences is bullshit, no matter what. If people wanna get "fucked up" and listen to Tool, what the fuck is that to you? Right, NOTHING. It's none of your fucking business.
And I don't know what this shit is that you talk about: "getting fucked up on this or that for no purpose other than being fucked up and listen to music."
There IS a purpose. ENJOYMENT. A new experience. Hearing the music in a different light. Coming to conclusions about the songs that you would have never drempt about otherwise...

Inner_Eulogy
03-27-2007, 08:13 AM
You're a fucking clown.

Just because I enjoy the experience of listening to Tool when I do psychedelic drugs doesn't mean I am a "wasted life." You're a fucking moron for suggesting such a thing. It's an experience. An experience that I enjoy. Judging people for their preferences is bullshit, no matter what. If people wanna get "fucked up" and listen to Tool, what the fuck is that to you? Right, NOTHING. It's none of your fucking business.
And I don't know what this shit is that you talk about: "getting fucked up on this or that for no purpose other than being fucked up and listen to music."
There IS a purpose. ENJOYMENT. A new experience. Hearing the music in a different light. Coming to conclusions about the songs that you would have never drempt about otherwise...

Doesn't change my opinion one bit. And you can be defensive all you want, it only proves that somewhere deep down, you know I'm right. It's still the exact thing Tool shuns in people is using it for only that purpose as you have just described. Fry your brain a little more, one day you'll grow up and understand there's more to life.

paraflux
03-27-2007, 10:03 AM
You're a fucking clown.

probed

paraflux
03-27-2007, 10:06 AM

It's really fucking lamer to sit around and ignorantly call people out like this, too.

Inner_Eulogy
03-27-2007, 10:38 AM
It's really fucking lamer to sit around and ignorantly call people out like this, too.

I'd have to disagree, the whole message is to quit sitting on your ass getting high and do something productive with your life. That's Tool's MAIN message...and it's the whole point behind Rosetta Stoned. Some guy who completely overdid it and forgot the most important thing, because he concentrated too much on doing the drug just to do the drug, not for the learning experience that can be produced.

]v[edusa
03-27-2007, 12:18 PM
Fry your brain a little more.

I dont think LSD causes any brain damage.

I personally think its alright to take psychedelics occasionally as long as you are using it to become more spiritually aware of yourself. thats my opinion though.

Freemena
03-27-2007, 12:41 PM
I stopped doing psychadelics a long time ago... thats why I listen to Tool! The passion and intensity of Tool brings be back to the places I explored long ago... I don't think you need to trip to see the walls drip and the colors cluster around the aliens... just close your eyes and open up your imagination...

Inner_Eulogy
03-28-2007, 10:19 AM
I dont think LSD causes any brain damage.

I personally think its alright to take psychedelics occasionally as long as you are using it to become more spiritually aware of yourself. thats my opinion though.

And that I completely agree with. I never said it was wrong to take them at all. Just in the fashion that some do as if it were candy.

200L
04-04-2007, 04:52 AM
To the people make un-educated stabs: chill out and educate yourself on psychedelics; you are making vast generalizations and for the most part are talking out of your ass. "This is your brain, this is your brain on drugs"

Come on now.

To the trippers: It's cool to listen to music whilst you trip, as you definitely get a different look on it, but remember that psychedelics are sacraments and are for furthering your evolution. The best thing you can do is only trip a couple to a few times a year and do it without any external influence.

Trut.

ufopancakes
04-04-2007, 09:33 AM

I completely aggree... Good post.

ufopancakes
04-04-2007, 09:36 AM
I've only seen Tool twice.... Once sober (during the Lateralus Tour in 2002), and once Shrooming.

I have to say... the shrooms ruined the experiance. It made it feel like everything I was experiancing was completely normal... I think part of it had to do with the fact that the shrooms weren't very good. I personally found it more enlightening to lay down in the middle of my bedroom and listen to music for hours.

Needless to say, it was a great performance... even though Maynard cancelled the date right before that due to illness, he did outstanding. The lighting setup was amazing... But I think Im gonna go to the next tool show sober... or at least get a hold of some good shrooms.

Inner_Eulogy
04-05-2007, 10:06 AM
I've only seen Tool twice.... Once sober (during the Lateralus Tour in 2002), and once Shrooming.

I have to say... the shrooms ruined the experiance. It made it feel like everything I was experiancing was completely normal... I think part of it had to do with the fact that the shrooms weren't very good. I personally found it more enlightening to lay down in the middle of my bedroom and listen to music for hours.

Needless to say, it was a great performance... even though Maynard cancelled the date right before that due to illness, he did outstanding. The lighting setup was amazing... But I think Im gonna go to the next tool show sober... or at least get a hold of some good shrooms.

Another Rosetta StoneR

the_milkman
04-09-2007, 10:44 AM
i think drugs have done some good things for us, i really do. :)

Inner_Eulogy
04-10-2007, 09:34 AM
i think drugs have done some good things for us, i really do. :)

And I completely agree, as stated over and over, it's the manner in which you use them that makes or breaks you as a responsbile person looking for an experience or a drug hungry zombie just looking to get fucked up for the simple fact in itself.

slowmo
04-12-2007, 10:29 AM
After first hearing Rosetta Stoned, I had a renewed interest in psychedelics. I have done mushrooms and LSD several times.. My last LSD trip was not all so pleasant, so I was reluctant to try psychedelics again. I got 1/4 oz of mush and sat on it for awhile, waiting for the right time. My friend told me they were strong. He said that he ate a 1 gram mushroom and he was really messed up, like LSD. He said several other people told him they were very strong. In the past I have consumed over 1/2 oz of P. Cubensis at a time, and had no problems at all. So anyways here goes..

It was about 1 wk ago today, I was by myself at my apartment...

I ground up the 1/4 oz mush in a coffee grinder, until it was powder. The mush powder went into some OJ. Within 10 minutes of downing the OJ I started having major visuals; which was unusual for mushrooms, which usually take 20-30 min to start kicking in. I started playing 10,000 days on my computer stereo. Within 20 minutes I was seeing aparitions, or entities if you will.. I was loosing my grip on sanity/rational thought. I began to think I was talking to people with my mind. I kept asking "Who are you? who are you?" to the people I was telepathically talking with.. I reminded myself I was on drugs, and tried to calm down and listen to the album. Now I was hearing colors, which were all very bright. I looked outside and imagined it was daytime. I saw an erie orange light illuminate the darkness. I lost track of time. I was looking at the time on my computer desktop and it kept going backwards; minutes felt like hours. Now I forgot that I had taken drugs, and really started to loose it. Rosetta Stoned started, and I layed down on the floor in the darkness and closed my eyes. I don't recall much of the music I was listening to. I do remember after listening to the song I was convinced Aliens were real. I had a feeling I now really understood Rosetta Stoned, and I should write it down. Having the epiphany feeling on psychedelics is not uncommon. My friend reported to me that on mushrooms he had figured everything out, went to write it down and his mind went blank.. I didn't want to go in the bathroom (to urinate) because I thought ET was there. I felt like I was going to pee my pants. ET began to speak to me with his mind and tell me what he wanted to do. ET was a multi-dimensional being and he wanted to come into my dimension, in my APT. I told him I was too scared; however ET persisted. I fought him as hard as a could. All of a sudden I felt like I was not on drugs anymore. I was reminded somehow I had taken mushrooms, but it didn't matter; I was now god. Felt like god for awhile. It is kinda hard to describe how omnipotent I felt, or how I was rationalizing that I was god. I started to feel the "collective conciousness" feeling. I felt the vibration of all the tiny atoms everything is made of. There is space between even the smallest bits of matter, essentially explaining why we are all one. Then I felt like I was dead. Time really started to slow down now. I really thought I had died and was in hell. I thought that hell was an eternity of boredom. An eternity without sleep or rest, but constant mental torment. I can't tell you how long this really lasted, but it felt like forever. Eventually I saw my phone on my nightstand, and called my friend. When he answered he was laughing saying "Huh you called me at 4:20 in the morning". I told my friend I had taken mush, and I needed to drive to see him. I felt like I had to see him to confirm I was not dead. He told me not to drive, so I told him he must come see me. I tried to talk with him, and I could somehow tell what I was saying was not making much sense, and he confirmed it. We talked on the phone for about 2 hours; I was still seeing visuals, but was starting to regain my grip on sanity. Eventually I smoked some pot and went to bed. I felt so freaking odd the next day.

I am convinced that the mushrooms had LSD on them. The mushrooms had blue on them, smelled like Cubensis, and looked like Cubensis. The experience was very similar to some very strong LSD I had once; which I believed was the only true LSD I have had. I have done several different kinds of LSD, and some of them provided very weak experiences. I have read that a lot of so called LSD is actually LSA, because it is MUCH easier to make, and provides a weak psychedelic experience; thus making it profitable.

In a nut shell the trip was the most intense I have ever had in my life. It felt like LSD and mushrooms together. It was definitely a BAD trip; worst EVER! Feeling like I was dead was HORRIBLE. Because I lost my grip on my mind, I am very afraid to try any psychedelics again. Now I realize that the feelings and hallucinations I had were strictly a result of the drug, and irrational. I don't think listening to 10,000 Days caused the bad trip; I think the strength of the psychedlics I took did.

I have come to a rational conclusion that the song is about typical psychedelic feelings. A lot of people feel they learn something very important but can't write it down. I can't validate my conclusion, only the writer of the song can. I didn't have to do drugs to come to this conclusion either.

Inner_Eulogy
04-19-2007, 09:46 AM
After first hearing Rosetta Stoned, I had a renewed interest in psychedelics. I have done mushrooms and LSD several times.. My last LSD trip was not all so pleasant, so I was reluctant to try psychedelics again. I got 1/4 oz of mush and sat on it for awhile, waiting for the right time. My friend told me they were strong. He said that he ate a 1 gram mushroom and he was really messed up, like LSD. He said several other people told him they were very strong. In the past I have consumed over 1/2 oz of P. Cubensis at a time, and had no problems at all. So anyways here goes..

It was about 1 wk ago today, I was by myself at my apartment...

I ground up the 1/4 oz mush in a coffee grinder, until it was powder. The mush powder went into some OJ. Within 10 minutes of downing the OJ I started having major visuals; which was unusual for mushrooms, which usually take 20-30 min to start kicking in. I started playing 10,000 days on my computer stereo. Within 20 minutes I was seeing aparitions, or entities if you will.. I was loosing my grip on sanity/rational thought. I began to think I was talking to people with my mind. I kept asking "Who are you? who are you?" to the people I was telepathically talking with.. I reminded myself I was on drugs, and tried to calm down and listen to the album. Now I was hearing colors, which were all very bright. I looked outside and imagined it was daytime. I saw an erie orange light illuminate the darkness. I lost track of time. I was looking at the time on my computer desktop and it kept going backwards; minutes felt like hours. Now I forgot that I had taken drugs, and really started to loose it. Rosetta Stoned started, and I layed down on the floor in the darkness and closed my eyes. I don't recall much of the music I was listening to. I do remember after listening to the song I was convinced Aliens were real. I had a feeling I now really understood Rosetta Stoned, and I should write it down. Having the epiphany feeling on psychedelics is not uncommon. My friend reported to me that on mushrooms he had figured everything out, went to write it down and his mind went blank.. I didn't want to go in the bathroom (to urinate) because I thought ET was there. I felt like I was going to pee my pants. ET began to speak to me with his mind and tell me what he wanted to do. ET was a multi-dimensional being and he wanted to come into my dimension, in my APT. I told him I was too scared; however ET persisted. I fought him as hard as a could. All of a sudden I felt like I was not on drugs anymore. I was reminded somehow I had taken mushrooms, but it didn't matter; I was now god. Felt like god for awhile. It is kinda hard to describe how omnipotent I felt, or how I was rationalizing that I was god. I started to feel the "collective conciousness" feeling. I felt the vibration of all the tiny atoms everything is made of. There is space between even the smallest bits of matter, essentially explaining why we are all one. Then I felt like I was dead. Time really started to slow down now. I really thought I had died and was in hell. I thought that hell was an eternity of boredom. An eternity without sleep or rest, but constant mental torment. I can't tell you how long this really lasted, but it felt like forever. Eventually I saw my phone on my nightstand, and called my friend. When he answered he was laughing saying "Huh you called me at 4:20 in the morning". I told my friend I had taken mush, and I needed to drive to see him. I felt like I had to see him to confirm I was not dead. He told me not to drive, so I told him he must come see me. I tried to talk with him, and I could somehow tell what I was saying was not making much sense, and he confirmed it. We talked on the phone for about 2 hours; I was still seeing visuals, but was starting to regain my grip on sanity. Eventually I smoked some pot and went to bed. I felt so freaking odd the next day.

I am convinced that the mushrooms had LSD on them. The mushrooms had blue on them, smelled like Cubensis, and looked like Cubensis. The experience was very similar to some very strong LSD I had once; which I believed was the only true LSD I have had. I have done several different kinds of LSD, and some of them provided very weak experiences. I have read that a lot of so called LSD is actually LSA, because it is MUCH easier to make, and provides a weak psychedelic experience; thus making it profitable.

In a nut shell the trip was the most intense I have ever had in my life. It felt like LSD and mushrooms together. It was definitely a BAD trip; worst EVER! Feeling like I was dead was HORRIBLE. Because I lost my grip on my mind, I am very afraid to try any psychedelics again. Now I realize that the feelings and hallucinations I had were strictly a result of the drug, and irrational. I don't think listening to 10,000 Days caused the bad trip; I think the strength of the psychedlics I took did.

I have come to a rational conclusion that the song is about typical psychedelic feelings. A lot of people feel they learn something very important but can't write it down. I can't validate my conclusion, only the writer of the song can. I didn't have to do drugs to come to this conclusion either.

Wow, send a 1/2 gram my way..lol

hobblegobble
04-19-2007, 10:42 AM
haha....no shit huh

paraflux
04-19-2007, 11:02 AM
I'd have to disagree, the whole message is to quit sitting on your ass getting high and do something productive with your life. That's Tool's MAIN message...and it's the whole point behind Rosetta Stoned. Some guy who completely overdid it and forgot the most important thing, because he concentrated too much on doing the drug just to do the drug, not for the learning experience that can be produced.

To blanketly say "You are ALL" whatever, is lame, man, ridiculously. Regardless of your interpretation of the song, whether it is accurate or not, you cant just sit around and point fingers at people. It's counterproductive.

Inner_Eulogy
04-19-2007, 11:48 AM
To blanketly say "You are ALL" whatever, is lame, man, ridiculously. Regardless of your interpretation of the song, whether it is accurate or not, you cant just sit around and point fingers at people. It's counterproductive.

I didn't point fingers at any one individual or a group. That's my take on the song and I'm entitled to it just as everybody else is. I wasn't being derogatory either.

ThirdEyeSeed
05-03-2007, 12:52 PM

I agree with you two (lllvllledusa and Inner_Eulogy) and Your_Noose.

Right now, I haven't read enough to say anything else. So, now I leave. I know this post contributes nothing, but hopefully people will see at least four people agree on a general idea and become interested. Ah, yeah, this is coming from a person who has read an abnormal amount of arguments on topics that had the potential to be somewhat educational.

Yes, well, I agree with you and good job.

anarcho-commie
05-05-2007, 05:07 PM
I did acid for the first time yesterday. Spent the whole day getting Tooled-out.

Fucking listened to Lateralus, Salival, 10K Days and Aenima like 3 times over.

The end of the song Lateralus was amazing. Pushit was amazing. Rosetta was OK, nothing extraordinary. My favorite was Third Eye on Salival though.

Oh yeah, forgot to say that I'm seeing Tool Wednesday and I'm planning on tripping at the show... to make sure it's ætherial enough.

Janster
05-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Is it impossible to both do drugs and be a productive person if you aren't being productive by doing drugs? Just because you do drugs does not mean you are not productive, even if you are not being productive while doing drugs. Therefore, you can be productive while not doing drugs even if you do drugs. So you aren't wasting your life doing them. Besides the fact that there are many things that come out of doing drugs, it's just entertainment, and entertaining experiences are something everyone partakes in at some point, including Inner_Eulogy.

Posting on this board itself is entertainment, sometimes a bit productive, but mostly just for the purposes of entertainment. And entertainment is just as essential to life as productivity, so if you choose to entertain yourself by doing drugs, you are just finding a means to reaching that essential aspect of life.

Inner_Eulogy
05-07-2007, 09:38 AM
Is it impossible to both do drugs and be a productive person if you aren't being productive by doing drugs? Just because you do drugs does not mean you are not productive, even if you are not being productive while doing drugs. Therefore, you can be productive while not doing drugs even if you do drugs. So you aren't wasting your life doing them. Besides the fact that there are many things that come out of doing drugs, it's just entertainment, and entertaining experiences are something everyone partakes in at some point, including Inner_Eulogy.

Posting on this board itself is entertainment, sometimes a bit productive, but mostly just for the purposes of entertainment. And entertainment is just as essential to life as productivity, so if you choose to entertain yourself by doing drugs, you are just finding a means to reaching that essential aspect of life.

Put down the crack pipe and turn yourself in.

OGT from back in the day
05-15-2007, 01:16 PM
im doing acid this weekend, anything i should know about it? what to listen to, what to stay away from, health issues, etc....ive already looked at a lot about it and heard stories but i just want everyones opinion

Inner_Eulogy
05-16-2007, 09:50 AM
im doing acid this weekend, anything i should know about it? what to listen to, what to stay away from, health issues, etc....ive already looked at a lot about it and heard stories but i just want everyones opinion

Do it with people you know and trust, make it a comfortable and calm environmant, like in the woods or just somewhere peaceful. If you're staying inside then music choice depends on what you like and you're mood. Depending on how hard you're tripping, I would possibly recommend skipping Viginti Tres as that may either be quite amusing or quite scary...and scared+trippin=bad. I'm unaware of any health issues that would pose as a problem unless of course you're prone to seizures for whatever reason. Whatever you do, you want it to be a fun and enlightening experience. I find that being out in nature is best but, that may be my personal opinion. If for whatever reason you start feeling over-anxious or freaking out a bit you must try to calm down, remind yourself it's just the effects of the drug and YES it will eventually end. Try to think happy thoughts. Perhaps bring yourself a pad of paper and a pen, I always found it amusing to try and draw something and watch it move around afterwards.

OGT from back in the day
05-16-2007, 04:18 PM
thanks

]v[edusa
05-16-2007, 05:13 PM

Watch this while tripping and you will be sure to have a lot of fun lolz.
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=3968841567238613917&q=blueberry+peyote

I like how a native in this is within an icosahedron at about 8 mins in the video.

Inner_Eulogy
05-17-2007, 09:39 AM

I like how a native in this is within an icosahedron at about 8 mins in the video.

That was AWESOME, is that from a movie or something?

thoughtprocess
05-18-2007, 10:49 AM
to all you hiphoppers pill poppers and mushroom droppers,, turn to meditation without drugs.
anything that grows from the earth that induces psychadelic occurances are there to open your third eye. Their NOT there to take as recreational party drugs. Open your third eye, then stop with the drugs an find meditation. Discover astral travel. All of it can be obtained without drugs.
I have seen the light, become one with all, and it was through dying of cancer. I have taken the mushrooms and lsd, an neither have taken me to the light. The want to NOT want any part of life, is what takes you back home an reminds you that this is all there is, and ever will be, what changes is what we want in it, and how we live it.
Life, will always be the same, we, will always be the change.

thoughtprocess
05-18-2007, 11:03 AM
the blueberry peyote video,, EXCELLENT. the snakes. the monsters that surround our light. im sure you trippers out there have felt the same way, being shrouded by darkness, already dead.

slowmo
05-19-2007, 08:21 PM

My advice to any psychedelic traveler would be to have a guide. Someone sober to watch you, is almost always necessary with true LSD or any strong psychedelic. An intense psychedelic experience can make someone as gullible as a 4 year old.

Be careful, and responsible through your experience from start to finish.. It is easy to end up in the hospital; I know a few people that have.

Safe Voyages

_dustin

hushypushy
05-22-2007, 08:04 PM
I listened to this entire album yesterday on acid while strolling through my campus...fucking awesome.

Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned/Intension was by far the best section of the album.

ladycommish
05-25-2007, 03:03 AM

watching it sober is just as effective. brings back shit. good times.

Liam
05-25-2007, 03:21 AM
to all you hiphoppers pill poppers and mushroom droppers,, turn to meditation without drugs.
anything that grows from the earth that induces psychadelic occurances are there to open your third eye. Their NOT there to take as recreational party drugs. Open your third eye, then stop with the drugs an find meditation. Discover astral travel. All of it can be obtained without drugs.
I have seen the light, become one with all, and it was through dying of cancer. I have taken the mushrooms and lsd, an neither have taken me to the light. The want to NOT want any part of life, is what takes you back home an reminds you that this is all there is, and ever will be, what changes is what we want in it, and how we live it.
Life, will always be the same, we, will always be the change.
Put down the crack pipe and turn yourself in.

Liam
05-25-2007, 03:29 AM

brings back shit. good times.

f.ing oath.

Cheesegreater
05-25-2007, 02:40 PM
I did some lsd a little over a week ago for the first time. It was just my girlfriend and I, and we had a wonderful time.

A couple of good pointers: (If you're inside)

1) It's nice to have everything clean, near immaculate. It just looks really pleasing to the eyes when you're tripping.

2) We had a couple of seasons of Family Guy going while we were waiting for it to take effect. You know, something familiar to pass the time before you go on your voyage.

3) We only had the tv and a lava lamp on in the living room. I find low lighting levels really help. I mean the colors you do see will fill the room, and most likely, will be the most brilliant colors you've ever seen in your life.

4) No unexpected company! This is a must. I mean, some people can handle it, but it can be dangerous for the new tripper. What the guy said about being gullible as a four year old is very true, and it can be a nightmare to have a sober person "fucking" with you when you feel like you've stepped into a different dimension.

5) You'll probably get thirsty. Satisfy the need; it'll be the best tea you've ever had. It's as if you can feel your lymphatic system releasing this "feel good" into your bloodstream every few minutes. It hits you in tiny waves for a long time if it's good. Then a few wonderfully immense waves when peaking. You'll feel at peace.

6) This goes without saying, but go into tripping in a good mood. Acid magnifies things big time. If you just stay in a positive mindset, you'll have a very enlightening and positive experience. If you've got a lot of negative shit on your mind, watch out buddy.

7) Remember that it is all psychological. This is crucial especially if a trip starts going the wrong direction. Just remember, most of the time, you have the power to just snap out of it. But undoubtedly some have felt like, "I just want off the ride." It's a twelve hour trip, so just remember that it's time consuming, and it WILL end.

8) Controlled variables. Have everything in your environment under control before you get into something have a lot less control over. As in, have the CDs out that you want to listen to so you don't go on a 3 hour journey trying to find them. Comfortable clothes are nice too.

9) Listen to Tool! I know that is a pretty subjective thing to say, but hell I'm posting on a Tool forum. Lateralus is a really good listen. Even if you've heard it a thousand times, you've never heard it tripping. Kinda like how Jon Stewart used to say, "Have you ever looked on the back of a dollar?" followed by, "But have you ever looked on the back of a dollar bill on weed?!"

Resolution
05-31-2007, 09:24 PM
i don't believe lysergic causes any brain damage either considering that there are at least 5 different lsd like compounds, i.e. dmt, created and distributed throughout our craniums already.

interesting fact: mothers have natural dmt trips when they are not anesthesed during child birth because of the surplus amount of dmt the pineal gland produces due to the extreme stress. what do you think about child-birth being a god-given gift now?

lighterbandit
06-25-2007, 12:03 AM
Cheers! ;)

Eulogy33
07-08-2007, 11:48 PM
havent tripped to this but....ive been stoned and listened to this song. it was pretty badass.

evergreen
07-09-2007, 02:33 AM
just realized it's been almost 6 months since i've listened to this album on something.

i remember rosetta kind of freaking me out though... "can't breathe right now!"

pryingopenmy3rdeye
07-10-2007, 06:55 PM
i havent listened to 10000 days cd while tripping but i have been on shrooms and listened to the song lateralus like 25 times in a row. it was fucking amazing. i ended up listening to the whole cd and i would have to say it was the most inspirational night of my life.

uummm..nocoolnames
07-11-2007, 11:11 PM
I'd have to disagree, the whole message is to quit sitting on your ass getting high and do something productive with your life. That's Tool's MAIN message...

sorry but tools main message is to get people to think for yourself, and they used a quote by timothy leary, the pied piper of lsd, to illustrate this on salival. no hate man, just tryin to set you straight

uummm..nocoolnames
07-11-2007, 11:35 PM
i havnt tripped to anything yet, hopefully ill have done 'shrooms by the end of summer though.
i have to say, being the sober person is pretty fun sometimes,at least for shrooms, havent seen anyone trip to acid yet. you tend to get some pretty funny quotes to mock your friends with, like my signatature(IT was a chair)
we didnt listen to any tool that night cause some ppl had their 1st trip,and my one friend took 1/4, we didnt want to have anyone freak out

Inner_Eulogy
07-12-2007, 09:49 AM
sorry but tools main message is to get people to think for yourself, and they used a quote by timothy leary, the pied piper of lsd, to illustrate this on salival. no hate man, just tryin to set you straight

I'm well aware of that. But if you've paid much attention Maynard has said himself that yeah, he may have done a lot of acid in highschool but he's over that now and the whole point is to allow that experience to open your mind and then to try and enlighten yourself without the drugs the next time. The song is directly mocking the people out their that are missing the real message and over-doing it without actually gaining anything from it. That's my point.