PDA

View Full Version : Salival DVD Hidden staff

xyu
06-21-2003, 08:51 AM
I really didn't know where to put this thread. Whatever...In Tool's Faq under Salival section it is clearly reported that there is hidden staff in DVD but it's hidden so well we cannot find it! What the hell does it mean??? How can anyone knows that there is hidden staff if he can't find it??? And I'm not talking about Opiate video of course! Well, I've done a lot of research about this so-called hidden staff and I found nothing. I ripped all dvd on my hard disk, I changed extensions, I've done anything possible to find any hidden staff but nothing turned out. Can anyone help me out there?

TheInsideSource
07-01-2003, 06:35 AM
It was a sarcastic comment, "hidden" stuff...Therefore it's hidden, get it?

conical johnson
07-11-2003, 06:45 PM
Here is my take (not stating it as fact, just an idea).

As you can see in the FAQ, question H9 ("Where's the hidden stuff?"), and H10 have been changed since the previous release of the FAQ (that thing really ought to be updated). H10 is blank.

From Esky Magazine

Salival, a box set of live and previously unreleased material
with a collection of the band’s gob smacking video clips. Their
first official release in four years, Salival was closely guarded,
but not closely enough according to Keenan.

“I had to yell at a few websites,” laughs the
frontman, “because we had a few surprises in the Salival box
set and they post them on their website as soon as they
heard a rumour about them. Whatever happened to being
surprised? Whatever happened to a kid going and buying a
thing and taking it home and going ‘Wow! There’s extra in
here for me that I didn’t expect.’ If you read these websites,
your presents are open before Christmas comes. It’s fucked.”

[Note from Kabir: Heh.]

I'm just conjecturing that Kabir gave out some closely-guarded information. I don't have the DVD, and my tape version doesn't really have anything "surprising" about it (I was a little surprised that there was no concert footage on the tape, though that should be remedied one of these days), so I can only assume he mentioned how to get the video of Hush to play. But maybe there's something more. In any case, I'm thinking that Kabir leaked something, Tool complained, and he removed it. Just a thought. Otherwise, I don't know what Maynard is talking about.

nickknocker
07-13-2003, 11:51 AM
I think the suprise maynard was talking about was the video for Hush...right? I don't really know wheter that was available anywhere before the DVD.

As for the "stuff that's hidden so well we can't find it"...I think it's just a sarcastic way of telling us there's nothing actually there (i hope).

stalkingbutler
07-18-2003, 10:20 AM
I think the suprise maynard was talking about was the video for Hush...right? I don't really know wheter that was available anywhere before the DVD.

As for the "stuff that's hidden so well we can't find it"...I think it's just a sarcastic way of telling us there's nothing actually there (i hope).

Its not really a sarcastic comment though is it, Hes telling us straight, nothings there.

Scratch
10-24-2003, 10:28 AM
And I'm not talking about Opiate video of course!

There's an Opiate video?

Chris_Brightwell
10-24-2003, 12:27 PM
I really didn't know where to put this thread. Whatever...In Tool's Faq under Salival section it is clearly reported that there is hidden staff in DVD but it's hidden so well we cannot find it! What the hell does it mean??? How can anyone knows that there is hidden staff if he can't find it??? And I'm not talking about Opiate video of course! Well, I've done a lot of research about this so-called hidden staff and I found nothing. I ripped all dvd on my hard disk, I changed extensions, I've done anything possible to find any hidden staff but nothing turned out. Can anyone help me out there?Go back and read the note about salt.

]thE*s0uRce[
10-24-2003, 12:33 PM
sHe means the hidden staff of Xanadu, right?

Suso22
03-12-2004, 10:37 AM
Where's the video for hush?

blue/shimmering
07-16-2004, 07:56 AM
I can confirm that these dont exist. other than the Hush video...

i have a PowerDVD on my computer. it has a little option to jump to any part of the DVD. i checked every channel. nothing else.