PDA

View Full Version : phi & human proportions

iAMtheMA!
01-15-2007, 12:52 PM
i'm certainly not the first to mention this (though it was "discovered" on my own) ...stinkfist seems (to me) to be in relation to the golden ratio and it's role in MANY human proportions. better known as PHI, the golden ratio is considered a "divine" property, and it's all over all of us.

easiest example = phi is defined in our height ...at the belly button. our "finger"s, "knuckle"s ..."hand"-"elbow"-"shoulder" ...they all show phi ratios as well.

so, does the "borderline" mark the distinction of denial vs. acceptance? if so, can we have both as suggested in "lateralus"? ("swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human")

oh, yeah... and the lyrics match up with this idea perfectly.
(especially if you want 'em to)

maybe i'm going in the wrong direction... BUT!
IF it is a situation of denial vs. acceptance, we're to accept that our bodies are "divine". something like: "oh, yeah. it's there. even though i don't really feel anything at all, god created me in the image of Him. neat." so, now what? well, once you accept that the human form is within this specific blueprint, everything else seems fairly trivial and fleeting, no? "choose to let this go". so, do it. then move into eulogy, we're gonna say goodbye to all that you knew...

/yet another rant

google: phi human proportions

Mattywasaracecardriver
01-15-2007, 03:59 PM
yeh i see them links in stinkfist too. but i think moving into the denial vs acceptance idea is moving too far into it. that is from the idea of the blueprints and that as u mentioned, but stinkfist mentions another presence or factor throughout the song. not sayin your wrong though, but stinkfist talks of one substance or person effecting the other, thats why many people take it to be either drugs or sex that stinkfist is about. nice

iAMtheMA!
01-15-2007, 07:23 PM
oh, i'm prolly wrong. ;)

DON IOTAE
01-15-2007, 07:49 PM
i'm certainly not the first to mention this (though it was "discovered" on my own) ...stinkfist seems (to me) to be in relation to the golden ratio and it's role in MANY human proportions. better known as PHI, the golden ratio is considered a "divine" property, and it's all over all of us.

easiest example = phi is defined in our height ...at the belly button. our "finger"s, "knuckle"s ..."hand"-"elbow"-"shoulder" ...they all show phi ratios as well.

so, does the "borderline" mark the distinction of denial vs. acceptance? if so, can we have both as suggested in "lateralus"? ("swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human")

IF it is a situation of denial vs. acceptance, we're to accept that our bodies are "divine". something like: "oh, yeah. it's there. even though i don't really feel anything at all, god created me in the image of Him. neat." so, now what? well, once you accept that the human form is within this specific blueprint, everything else seems fairly trivial and fleeting, no? "choose to let this go". so, do it. then move into eulogy, we're gonna say goodbye to all that you knew...

/yet another rant

i've missed your rant..

;)

iAMtheMA!
01-16-2007, 04:37 PM
yeah, heh, it was kinda structured.

(i'll try better next time)

iAMtheMA!
01-19-2007, 08:57 PM
fuckin'... *COUGH!!!* (i think i've elaborated some fairly interesting ideas here, someone else wanna actually consider them ...maybe discuss?) i'm not just doing this for myself, guys.

iAMtheMA!
01-19-2007, 09:02 PM
easiest example = phi is defined in our height ...at the belly button.

THAT IS TO SAY...

if the distance from your
feet ---> to your belly button

was equivalent to ONE (1)

then

your total height

would equal PHI (1.6180339...)

!!!

DON IOTAE
01-19-2007, 09:22 PM
i know how phi works... now, what is your point.

(ok, ok. i didnt really read the OP)

iAMtheMA!
01-20-2007, 06:26 AM
i think this track tries to present evidence that we've a divine connection to all things? i kinda thought that was worthy of discussion...

DON IOTAE
01-20-2007, 07:58 AM
more Lat than Stinkfist...

iAMtheMA!
01-20-2007, 08:46 AM
http://goldennumber.net/hand.htm

DON IOTAE
01-20-2007, 08:53 AM
agreed, yet Lat has Fibonacci embedded in the music, the timing... all around the place. I stll think Lat takes the cake..

iAMtheMA!
01-20-2007, 04:09 PM
what are you implying exactly? that the PHI theory can only exist in ONE song? it's throughout ALL of the lyrics!!! i'm saying that "stinkfist" has PHI embedded in the music. furthermore, no one ever cared to look for fibonacci's or golden ratios throughout "lateralus" until someone finally spoke up about the lyrical structuring. i'm speaking up now on this about a different song ...but of relation. "opiate", for example, isn't the only song to imply that we are "broken" (the message has even crossed into a perfect circle a few times). i'm not understanding how you could persist with "no, that's in lateralus, not stinkfist" - i just don't get it.

my point is, if it's important enough, and we still haven't "gotten it"... then they'll repeat themselves until we do.

wanna know where i'm at here?

" ...'today a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration; that we are all one consciencness experiencing itself subjectively ...there's no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's tom with the weather'...

WOW, did you see the news? something about how we're gods perfect and holy thoughts and we live in his mind, and there's no reason to suffer or lack ...ever. I thought it was kinda newsworthy ...but then again i was fucked up at the time."

- bill hicks

DON IOTAE
01-21-2007, 12:45 AM
more Lat than Stinkfist...

iAMtheMA!
01-21-2007, 06:41 AM
yeah, but then i was confused when you said "Lat takes the cake.."

DON IOTAE
01-21-2007, 12:01 PM
... as the more "phi" song, so to speak...

i really need to read the OP...

iAMtheMA!
01-21-2007, 01:43 PM
dah' i missed it. so set in my ways... you're right. but, so if this is the first occurrence, or of the first. ...and we never "got it", then of course they'd make the statement stronger the next time down the road - since it's important to them ...for us to come to the realization. rrrrright? i mean, if any of us needed proof. "didn't get it in stinkfist, eh? then please allow me to try it again in lateralus. (an' let's get it right this time, guys!)" maybe? regardless, i apologize iota. another internet-related miscommunication.

"what became of subtlety?" hey, yeah!

DON IOTAE
01-22-2007, 09:09 AM
no apology nec

...and i hear what you're saying.

Inner_Eulogy
02-02-2007, 02:29 PM

/yet another rant

huh?

Eight
02-02-2007, 03:00 PM
This is how I've always heard it, so I think its the right idea.

[QUOTE=iAMtheMA!;1692281] so if this is the first occurrence, or of the first. ...and we never "got it", then of course they'd make the statement stronger the next time down the road - since it's important to them ...for us to come to the realization. rrrrright? i mean, if any of us needed proof. "didn't get it in stinkfist, eh? then please allow me to try it again in lateralus. (an' let's get it right this time, guys!)" maybe?

I think this idea of repetition is it exactly. (I think in another thread I wrote it out like the courses of a meal)
But I think you're definately right that this was the first and then it was pounded in on Lateralus because we didn't seem to pick up on it the first time.
Hopefully we will "get it right this time". After all, it wouldn't be nearly as fun if he resorted to spelling it all out for us in one last hope that we'd get it.

DON IOTAE
02-04-2007, 11:17 AM
huh?

lol

Salvatorin
02-04-2007, 11:39 AM
Heres something to think about 'Stinkfist' mentions going deeper and deeper, and the meaning of this song keeps going deeper and deeper. NOW WHEN WILL WE RUPTURE THE KIDNEYS?

iAMtheMA!
02-07-2007, 05:02 AM
http://www.cerritos.edu/jmadden/images/Canon/Phi-finger.jpg

DON IOTAE
02-07-2007, 06:48 AM
^ haha

awesome.

iAMtheMA!
02-10-2007, 06:09 PM
http://www.halexandria.org/images/scan0050.gif

phi = 1.618033...

if
from the tip of your finger
to the first knuckle = 1,

then
from the first knuckle
to the second knuckle = phi

if
from the second knuckle
to the third knuckle = 1

then
from the third knuckle
to the forth knuckle = phi

if
from the third knuckle
to the forth knuckle = 1

then
from the forth knuckle
to the wrist = phi

DON IOTAE
02-10-2007, 06:13 PM
i didn't know that...

more.

iAMtheMA!
02-11-2007, 11:03 AM
if
from the tip of the middle finger
to the wrist = 1

then
from the wrist
to the elbow = phi

DON IOTAE
02-11-2007, 12:17 PM
AWESOME.

Now, Leo the second: What's next?

talibad
02-15-2007, 07:53 AM

/yet another rant

http://goldennumber.net/ good site with some neat software for this

iAMtheMA!
02-17-2007, 06:00 PM
http://www.akasha.de/~aton/SuperPHI.html