PDA

View Full Version : why do things have to keep changing like this

lmbsohf
06-21-2003, 04:02 AM
heres a little art work of my own, i hope the colour doesnt morph to bad through the web, i make this pics to look good on my comp and the colour settings are probably unique

http://www.morphedmedia.com/tdn/view.php?id=065910AM.jpg

lmbsohf
06-21-2003, 04:05 AM
holy crap that pic came out huge, is that just my comp or is everyones browsers making that pic 3 times the size of the screen

Paladin
06-21-2003, 07:17 AM
yeah that things pretty huge...i opened it in photoshop...its pretty sweet...but those filters kinda bother me...if those are filters...how did you do ithat?

lmbsohf
06-21-2003, 03:57 PM
its a painting

Paladin
06-22-2003, 12:13 PM
THATS a painting? you sure do have lots of control of the color and brush...im a bit skeptical though...

psilomind
06-22-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Paladin
THATS a painting? you sure do have lots of control of the color and brush...im a bit skeptical though...

I agree... at least I think I do...

The colors and contours seem a bit too uniform to have been painted. So you are either a very good painter, or a terrible liar.

lmbsohf
06-22-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by psilomind
I agree... at least I think I do...

The colors and contours seem a bit too uniform to have been painted. So you are either a very good painter, or a terrible liar.

well a little bit of the first and alot of the second, you guys got me, it is photoshop trash. Its a mixture of half opacity filters with the original pic coming through so it don't look too abstract.
I'm also looking for some interesting photos with high res (well resonable at least) and high contrasts, any unaltered originals would be greatly appreciated, anything, it could be a flower for all i care, i'm teaching myself to use photoshop and i need concept photos so start any designs.

Thanks

plexus
06-22-2003, 05:09 PM
well lets see some paintings of yours... that would be nice

lmbsohf
06-23-2003, 03:45 AM
whoa slow down, thats all a little too intimate for me

My paintings are for one person only, sorry but criticisim makes me mad and when i get mad...... the hulk movie looks like utter trash

Paladin
06-23-2003, 06:10 AM
well, this IS the art forum...people tend to put their works up on display here. if your uncomfortable with criticism and won't put your works up on here, your never going to learn or grow, well, i cant say you never will. but you will be missing out on some good criticism for the msot part, unless its utter trash and the p's dont like it.

plexus
06-23-2003, 09:11 AM
hahahahahahahahaHHHHHHHAAAAAAAhahahhahahahahahaha

the p's....thats fucking hilarious..hahahahahaha

lmbsohf
06-23-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Paladin
well, this IS the art forum...people tend to put their works up on display here. if your uncomfortable with criticism and won't put your works up on here, your never going to learn or grow, well, i cant say you never will. but you will be missing out on some good criticism for the msot part, unless its utter trash and the p's dont like it.

yes this is the art forum, hence my artwork at the top of this thread, which i have agreed to share for all to criticise.

And sorry but if the extent of my learning and growing comes from you bashing my paintings then what a silly fool i must be. I dunno maybe i'm over exaggerating to your learn/ grow comment but its pretty insulting

Paladin
06-23-2003, 08:11 PM
dont be insulted...

lmbsohf
06-23-2003, 09:40 PM
ok then, its just i'm sure every tool nerd here prides themself on learning and growth. I think i'll just chill out

Paladin
06-24-2003, 05:54 AM
woah, settle down...your taking to much offence for 'chilling out'...

"if your uncomfortable with criticism and won't put your works up on here, your never going to learn or grow, well, i cant say you never will. but you will be missing out on some good criticism for the msot part, "

as i recall i covered my ass; specificly this " your never going to learn or grow, well, i cant say you never will."

'but you will be missing out on some good criticism for the msot part, "

pretty much explains it i think...