PDA

View Full Version : the overthinking thing

queenoftears
06-21-2003, 02:23 AM
Wait....this is what I think.

Has anyone ever thought about removing/adding the "S" on seperate(s)? Think about it, if you say 'Overthinking, Overanalyzing, separate the body from the mind' That's kind of saying, yes, separate the body from the mind, do it, see what you get. I really think the body and the mind are meant to be apart at times. Theyre almost like negative forces fighting each other. I dont know, I had more on this when I started typing. Damn it. Anyone agree with where I'm going with this??

Alexinnis
06-21-2003, 04:22 PM
Well with the ideas of astral projection in mind and reaching a higher plane of existance you would need to seperate the body from the mind ... I have often thought of it as being phrased like that also.

substatique
06-22-2003, 02:38 PM
The body and mind are all the same fundamental "substance," but humans have the ability (maybe not exclusively) to think and analyze, which gives the illusion of separation. This is one case where we can learn something by giving in to illusion. Schism suggests that we can only see something by separating ourselves from it; Lateralis makes that idea personal.

PRNinja23
07-01-2003, 08:07 AM
Over-thinking and over-analyzing is a path I've tried to live before. This is a sequel to "Pushit" for me. When you think too hard looking for an answer, you "push away" your soul by getting lost in your head.

This is one of the post positive Tool songs out there as it's about loving life. Parabola is kind of a pre-quel to it.