PDA

View Full Version : thought through music?

BazookaJoe
06-21-2003, 01:26 AM
I've always been a bigger fan of the music rather than lyrics(I've been a drummer for a long ass time and I guess I kinda notice a major focus on lyrics here, rather than the music itself) , and with this song , I've always thought that they did an extremely good job of pacing their music with their lyrical content. A steady beat and steady guitar riff , as well as the bass rythm around 2:33 have always really struck me as trying to put you into the attitude of understanding maynards lyrics, which I believe to be a progessivley louder and steady beat, kind of like its a feeling trying to barge out of some kind of shell. I guess that ties into the interpretation of people's sensitivity being numbed, but eh, thats basically why I agree with it.

soulCRUSHer
06-29-2003, 07:38 PM
i get what ur saying about the beat man. but the beat seems to have an almost sexual theme to it. a constant, on going rhythm, just like sex, and at times the beat is harder and stronger but keeps the same pace. i dunno, maybe i'm just repressed. bleh!