PDA

View Full Version : A good song thread.

Chronicle0
01-14-2007, 10:51 PM
Geez- kinda sad that i'm not finding out how good this album this is until now lol. This is a great song.

Pavlov_Dog
01-23-2007, 05:10 PM
It IS! I was so astonished that they did this cover of Zeppelin's song, but when I heard, man, I was blown away!

ShadowLine
01-24-2007, 01:48 PM
one of the best covers of led zeppelin that i have heard

much love to all
chris
x

+++++Darth+++++
01-24-2007, 02:19 PM
how it calms me so...

Polish_Rides_The_Spiral
01-30-2007, 02:15 PM
after this i had very high expectations for apc's cover of when the levee breaks, but that failed to meet expectations by a longshot

XeuphoricXmindX
01-30-2007, 05:40 PM
pretty fucking amazing.

Paradyne
01-31-2007, 12:10 PM
definately an amazing song, I appreciate how the lyrical changes still ring true to the song.

Arkham Asylum
02-02-2007, 08:53 PM
I feel like I'm the only one who still likes the original more. I'm a huge Tool fan and I respect Led Zeppelin (though I wouldn't call myself a fan.)

What I like about the original are the piano, that endless buzzing guitar sound, and the classic Zeppelin vocals.

What I LOVE about the cover are the lyrical changes and how the entire mood of the song is maintained but with Tool at the helm (the vocals, guitar, bass, and drums are something else in this song.)

Nevertheless, this is the best COVER of anything I have ever heard in my life. It's such a brilliant take on such a classically brooding Led Zep track (which happens to be my favorite song by them anyway.)

slamminsalmon
02-02-2007, 09:17 PM
Geez- kinda sad that i'm not finding out how good this album this is until now lol. This is a great song.

agreed, all around amazing album

you lied is my favorite tool track

Inbleach
02-07-2007, 06:30 PM
I believe this song is more layered, and hits you heavier than the original...I like it much more than the original (not just saying that because it's Tool) I like the more atmospheric and dark feel that Tool applied to it, also the extra little guitar fills, and Maynard's voice has more of an impact, especially the "locked in a place where no on GOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" wonderful, it just smacks you right in the face.

ToolKlouD
02-08-2007, 07:44 PM
i love the song .