01-13-2007, 05:20 PM
What is it?

What does it mean?

It's very different than the sound (elevator?) at the begining of "The Grudge."

Thoughts?

MORNING_GLORY
01-14-2007, 01:13 PM
What it means to me:
A nice little sound effect to heighten the mood at that point in the song.
(come to think of it... that sound adds a lot to the emotion)

But if you want to delve into it...
For the sake of conversation, I'll relate this song to when I'm angry at someone... at first, all I want to do is shout and scream and tell them exactly how I feel and what they've done wrong. Then, I take a few breaths. I step back and let the anger kind of stir for awhile, (3:25 - 5:55) because I don't want to avoid it or repress it; the only option is working through it. The best way to do that is to let that energy escape you. Let it play its role, then let it go. All in all, the aforementioned sound seems like that energy is escaping... as if its just fuming from the narrator.
...Just a thought...

SMEPman
01-15-2007, 10:21 AM
^^^ beautiful! Love it!

So what exactly is the noise? Anyone....Bueller....

benjamin
01-18-2007, 08:48 PM
^^^ beautiful! Love it!

So what exactly is the noise? Anyone....Bueller....

--Ticks Mumblings--

From 3:26; a slow and whispered "d r y y y .." followed briefly by a digital rev. sound, then "SUUUUCCKKK!!" again, all very faint in the background, but it's a recording of the "SUCK ME..." screaming that goes on minuetes later, w/ quick rev. vocal sounds and slow whisperred "d r y y "'s. Then at 5:00 we can enjoy a little tiny bass variation, two times til at 5:10 it starts building toward the screaming.

Then, later at 7:09, starts some shit that sounds, I swear to god, just like the first few lines of Rosetta Stoned "..just outside area 51 in my need-to-know pose..."
It's actually just more precursing, from 7:09 to 7:30 you can hear a fast (about x2 speed) "thiswhatyouwanted thiswhatyougettin thiswhatyouhadin thiswhatyouwanted thiswhatyougettin thiswhatyouhadin..." overlapped again w/ rev. sounding voices.
What caught my ear most and tipped me off was hearing "this" over and over. At first, in the mumblings that's all you can hear, then it comes together for ya.

Peace.