PDA

View Full Version : Two possible

BenMaras
06-19-2003, 11:10 PM
I have two intepretations for this song:

A.) about the government lying to us and using us a puppets, my friend found a good way to explain it once, but I forgot it, so I won't even try to recreate his connections and such.

B.) Being used by someone, and they cover it up with sex. I can't really explain this one, but it happened to me, and the song makes perfect sense in this way.

"It's not enough.
I need more.
Nothing seems to satisfy.
I don't want it.
I just need it.
To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

The sex isn't enough for him, he wants more, a deeper connection, but she refuses to give him anything deeper.

"Finger deep within the borderline.
Show me that you love me and that we belong together.
Relax, turn around and take my hand."

she's distracting him with the sex again

"I can help you change
Tired moments into pleasure.
Say the word and we'll be
Well upon our way.

Blend and balance
Pain and comfort
Deep within you
Till you will not have me any other way"

once again saying he wants something deeper, and they can balance the physical and spiritual connecions

"Something kinda sad about
the way that things have come to be.
Desensitized to everything.
What became of subtlety?

How can it mean anything to me
If I really don't feel anything at all?"

the sex just feels empty, and pointless, because its only satisfying his flesh, and not his being

anyway, theres my take on it

soulCRUSHer
06-29-2003, 07:41 PM
it almost sounds like a sexual addiction.
"I don't want it,"
"I just need it,"
"to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive."
who knows. i sure don't.

maelstroms_child
07-11-2003, 11:08 PM
That is a good analisis. Most other posters say all this lame shit but kudos to you yours makes sense.

triptron
07-19-2003, 04:24 PM
I think itīs about a depressive person:

"How can it mean anything to me
If I really don't feel anything at all?"

Because of the mood swings and insatisfaction, also the first verse has something to do with itīs medication.

PRNinja23
07-20-2003, 03:40 PM
it almost sounds like a sexual addiction.
"I don't want it,"
"I just need it,"
"to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive."
who knows. i sure don't.

This could be any addiction -- drugs, sex - anything where 1,000 times is never enough. (This is as opposed to healthy sexual activity with a monogamous partner.) This follows the "relief" theme of Prison Sex, where "for just one sweet moment I am whole." Any addiction sends you through a cycle where you seek one feeling/state that eventually subsides. Then you want it again.

"I'll keep digging until I feel something" is another example of the hopeless cycle, with (hard) drugs for example. The more you do, the less you feel it, and yet you keep fighting your way into some deeper state of mind that you can never attain.