PDA

View Full Version : "learn to swim"

]v[edusa
01-10-2007, 12:28 PM
THE WORDS OF A HOPI ELDER:

"I have been in the hearts of many and there is indeed something happening that is distinct.

There are those clinging to the shore of familiarity, hiding from their true selves both in themselves and from the world around them and there are those who have left the shore and are seeking who and what will support their celebration as they swim for home.

There is a river flowing now very fast.

It is so great and swift, that there are those who will be afraid.

They will try to hold on to the shore, they will feel they are being torn apart and will suffer greatly.

Know that the river has its destination.

The elders say we must let go of the shore, push off into the middle of the river, keep our eyes open and our heads above the water.

And I say see who is there with you and celebrate.

At this time in history, we are to take nothing personally, least of all ourselves, for the moment that we do, our spiritual growth and journey come to a halt.

The time of the lone wolf is over.

Gather yourselves.

Banish the word struggle from your attitude and vocabulary.

All that we do now must be done in a sacred manner and in celebration.

We are the ones we have been waiting for. "

unknown Hopi Elder, Oraibi, Arizona, Summer Solstice Festival, 1999

the hopi tribes are from arizona... i think this message fits with the song Ænima and aspecially the line "learn to swim". this was said in 1999 but i believe it has been a prophecy of the hopi's long before.

El Scorcho
01-11-2007, 01:17 PM
ok

]v[edusa
01-14-2007, 04:53 PM
... thanks for coming out~~~

Mattywasaracecardriver
01-22-2007, 06:35 PM
thats one mental chunk of info to consider when i next listen to aenima, cheers. i can see myself gettin into all the kind of spiritual things youve mentioned. ive only known of Tool for two years and without doubt theyre my favourite band for the simple reason that there is so much more to them.

i read alot of ur ideas considering phi and the other stuff like that, soon im gunna understand it more, and im looking forward to it. considering im only an 18 year old ignorant to any sense of spirituality up until the last year, i have to say Tool has made me grow as a person immensely, and now i would say the same about this site.

aenima definately talks about those same ideas of realising not to "fret" for the material wealths that so many of us are brought up to believe important. i get the sense from this song that we need to let ourselves flow with life and let things happen to come up with our own opinions of them without relying to much on what societies norms are. what you just said here, lllvllledusa , i would say i got that same message. sweet!!

]v[edusa
01-22-2007, 11:38 PM
thats one mental chunk of info to consider when i next listen to aenima, cheers. i can see myself gettin into all the kind of spiritual things youve mentioned. ive only known of Tool for two years and without doubt theyre my favourite band for the simple reason that there is so much more to them.

i read alot of ur ideas considering phi and the other stuff like that, soon im gunna understand it more, and im looking forward to it. considering im only an 18 year old ignorant to any sense of spirituality up until the last year, i have to say Tool has made me grow as a person immensely, and now i would say the same about this site.

aenima definately talks about those same ideas of realising not to "fret" for the material wealths that so many of us are brought up to believe important. i get the sense from this song that we need to let ourselves flow with life and let things happen to come up with our own opinions of them without relying to much on what societies norms are. what you just said here, lllvllledusa , i would say i got that same message. sweet!!

thank you for responding!! i rarely ever get a response in this forum for some reason. im so glad you agree with me and understand.

i suggest your first books to be the ancient secret of the flower of life v 1 and 2by drunvalo melchizedek

i tell yah those books explains EVERYTHING. in my opinion, u will totally understand tool so much more after reading.

getthis
01-29-2007, 02:36 AM
aenima's pretty simple really...(that's a teaser)

If i was to sum up Tool's music in two words: 'life affirming'. Tool's music should make you feel better about myself and your (good) morality. This is positive music which urges people to be better people.

Aenima is about putting your day to day, petty thoughts in perspective - realising what is truly important in life. It is an angry song (i think it refers to the 'collective unconscious' etc etc), but as Maynard said in an interview (cite: Youtube), 'there is a difference between anger and hate. Anger is a more positive (and I think, 'constructive') force'. This song is about Laissez faire (fr: 'let it be') - let those who don't realise this reap what they sew ('learn to swim') e.g. insecure actresses etc. It's a new 'Jungle law'...let it sort the wheat from the chaff.

what an unbelieveable band...

cheers

Eight
01-29-2007, 04:08 PM
I think Laissez Faire actually means let them do. (Pety difference I know, no offense meant by the correction)
Anyway, I agree with you on both accounts. This is what I got out of the song the first time I listened to it.

lllvllledusa, you never cease to amaze and educate, this is really cool. I don't know where you found it, but I definately see the connection, especially given the location.

]v[edusa
01-29-2007, 10:10 PM
oooh im sorry. here a link... slightly different

http://www.edgeofavalon.com/index.php?screen=disparticle&article=41

this version adds:
"You have been telling the people that this is the 11th hour, now you must go back and tell the people, this is the hour and there are things to be considered..."

this number 11 is everywhere!!! lol