PDA

View Full Version : LATERALUS and THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS

EndEyeQuote
11-28-2002, 01:20 AM
okay dont knock this until you try it - but it really works and it works extremely well.

by accident i stumbled upon syncing up LATERALUS to THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS. to me it looks way better than wizard of oz/darkside of the moon ever did - plus it flows through the entire movie.

all you have to do is hit play when the thouchtone logo vanishes. it will work almost immediately and you will tell right away that it is.

dont just notice how the music flows with the movie - what is really eerie is that the CONTENT of the lyrics seems to fit at almost every moment - from the patient describing jacks sentiment as he tries to search for a new way - to schism showing along side the on screen dichotomy between the shifting relationship from salyy and the doctor - to sally and jack, to parabola sernading sally's thoughs and scenes with jack - to probably the best of all - ticks and leeches is praticlly lock shock and barrels theme song.

this does work amazingly so and i suggest you try it before you flame it

Chris_Brightwell
11-28-2002, 09:26 AM
Also - someone sent me a VCD of Ænima with the Nightmare Before Christmas -- and it worked pretty well.

Then again - you can make _anything_ synchronized if you try hard enough.

Thanks.
Chris Brightwell // moderator

seeyouauntie
11-28-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Chris_Brightwell

Then again - you can make _anything_ synchronized if you try hard enough.

yea i usually watch cartoons or something while listening to tool or anything else for that matter and it usually seems to sync up. no biggie. but ill try that sometime thanx!

Synthemesk
11-28-2002, 11:38 PM
hahaha, thats funny...I "accidentally" synched up Stinkfist to AnalQueens 5, and the fisting lined up with the song....coincidence, I think not

haftelm
12-04-2002, 09:51 AM
hahaahahah........if you search for patterns hard enough you will find them everywhere.

Have you ever watched the movie "PI"

manifestcontent
12-04-2002, 10:34 AM
yeah i saw the movie pi. good movie by they way. fucked up but good. but yeah i tried the whole syncing up bit with nbc and lateralus. It worked pretty well but i still think wizard of oz and dark side of the moon worked better. you can't go wrong with that one.

Professor Frink
12-05-2002, 07:23 PM
I have to say, that was freaking great. There is no way in hell that's just a coincidence. My god.. every song fit in perfectly. I was a little skeptical during the Grudge, but once Eon started I knew it was golden.

Professor Frink
12-06-2002, 07:15 PM
By the way, how exactly did you just "stumble" across this? You just got the idea that maybe Lateralus synched up with, oh, i dunno, Nightmare before Christmas? Good find though :)

Chuckhawk
12-06-2002, 08:03 PM
Awesome, I love that movie. I'm gonna have to rent it and try this out.

The best part of DSOTM/Wizard of OZ has to be the munchkins dancing in time with the music during Money.

EndEyeQuote
12-07-2002, 05:21 AM
i truly did find it by accident

i used to work in a record store and we pretty much open and played everything we wanted even though we werent supposed to.

so i had an open copy of nightmare and of lateralus. and whilst board just sittin behind the register i am looking at the running time of nightmare and it occurs to me that lateralus was actually longer - so i said what the fuck it will be kind of cool to have lateralus playing while watching it (they always bitched if we turned the movies up instead of the music - i know it makes no sense) so basically we could watch movies and not listen to them.

so i started lateralus precisely when i said as kind of a gag - i love both so i guess i was just excercing a flair for the dramatic

let me tell you i have never been able to seem to get it to sinc up as good as that first time. it was just astonishing.

i played it for my girlfriend that night and she made us watch it like three times. all my friends who are into TOOL -a nd some who are just into nightmare have done it and have been speechless.

i know this may all sound silly to some - but like i said - dont knock something or judge something until you see it for yourself.

Professor Frink
12-07-2002, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by EndEyeQuote
know this may all sound silly to some - but like i said - dont knock something or judge something until you see it for yourself.

absolutely, I've watched it twice so far and will most likely watch it again soon.

Do you ever watch it while listening to the movie as well? I had the volume up on the movie just a bit, and I caught the girl saying something along the lines of "I don't want to be patient" about :30 into The Patient. I wonder if there are any more quotes that tie in.

Chuckhawk
12-07-2002, 03:25 PM
I rented Nightmare Before Christmas today, and threw it in the DVD player when I got home.

WOW. But I did notice that the best synchronization is after parabola, notable in ticks and leaches when jack yells at the three little kids. Also, did you notice how the boogie man seemed to be mouthing the lyrics to reflection?

Looks like I've got another movie to put on the list.

manifestcontent
12-07-2002, 09:28 PM
wow. i'm sorry but maybe i'm missing something. i really don't see what the huge deal is. like i posted before i tried it and it was ok. i still think wizard of oz and DSOTM was better. the only part in nightmare that i really thought went well with lateralus was when jack was in the cemetary after he got shot out of the sky and he was singing to reflection. it almost moved me. the way that the music flowed and jack was moving went together so so so well. but that is the only part in the movie i can think of that went well together. i don't know maybe i started it at the wrong spot. someone please help me.

EndEyeQuote
12-07-2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Professor Frink

Do you ever watch it while listening to the movie as well? I had the volume up on the movie just a bit, and I caught the girl saying something along the lines of "I don't want to be patient" about :30 into The Patient. I wonder if there are any more quotes that tie in.

yes i noticed that too - at the place where i found it because th movies were never tunred up we always had the subtitles on - and it was inetersting to notice that what they were talking baout seemed to even fit - but i usually dont mention that cause that seems like i am really pushing it

and to the one who said he was lost - start it immediately after the touchtone logo dissapears. notice how the tempo of each song moves precisely with the tempo of the movie - and especially notice that as each songchanges the scene in the movie changes to the next sequence in the movie. and also pay attention to what each song is about and how it realates and then maybe you will see what we are all seeing.

now i am not saying that there is anything behind this at all - id be skeptical myself to believe that i discovered some profound secert.

here is a dissenting opinion of why there is nothing to it - but why it still does look cool - this was from my girlfriend at the time. basically anything can sinc up - especially since the movie is a musical - its not a strech to see that the tempos go togetehr well. and being that the movie and the album are both essentially about relationships and inner strife that is why the lyrics go well.

now i tend to believe that - but this is me playing devils advocate for the assenting opinion. tim burton has said that very fe people in this world do stop action animation and do it well. i defiantely think thtat there is a good chance that adam jones and tim burton have met - may be even friendly. i personally dont think it would be too hard to pull off an album sincing up to a movie like nightmare. the real trick would not to be anal about it. maybe extend a solo a little bit here - or add a sound effect there - just to get the key moments of the movie to line up to the songs. the only thing that would take any real forethought ois what song to put with what part of the movie. like i said i dont really believe they did that -but hey in this buisness and when you are talking about TOOL you never know.

Professor Frink
12-07-2002, 10:49 PM
This is weird.. the first 2 times I did it, it worked out amazingly well. The last 2 were much, much worse. I really don't understand what made the big difference, it seems like I started it at the exact same time.. I'll have to look into it and tinker some more.

Anyways, there's no way this just happens to coincide with the movie. It was obviously a planned effort, not only from the way each song fits the mood, from the grudge to schism to reflection, but the way many lyrics match up to what's happening on screen. "this tedious path i've chosen here" as Jack chooses the xmas door; "We are eternal/all this pain is an illusion" as Sally opens her eyes after the fall from the window and proceds to stand up, smiling; The whole "a million light reflections" part of reflection are just a few of the small touches that prove that this is all WAY too much to be a coincidence.

EndEyeQuote
12-08-2002, 05:07 AM
well i will admit thati myself feel sometimes it is more than a coincadenc - kind of makes me feel good that i stumbled upon it ;)

as far as it working not as good i have experienced this too. it really seems that even a second or less off on that play button and its not the same. which could lend credence to it being real - TOOL is all about perfection after all.

one of these days ill sit down in front of the cd player and the dvd and time it perfect and write it down so i can do it every time.

Tywi
12-08-2002, 02:13 PM
This is a really great find! Thanks Endeye, I really enjoyed watching this :).

My favourite moments were Jack's crash scene soundtracked by 'Reflection', him 'spiralling' off into the sky at the end of 'Lateralus', Sally being 'wide eyed and hopeful' in the intro to 'Parabola', and particularly Boogie's kids preparing to kidnap Santa to the tune of 'Ticks and Leeches'.

This is an incredible coincidence, but I very much doubt that it has been done on purpose. Like Endeye said, the emotional passages in this film just happen to occur in the quiet songs like 'Eon Blue Apocalypse' and so on. There are blatent moments were the film and the album have nothing in common, I thought that the 'What's This?' scene didn't fit the music of 'The Patient' too seemlessly. Also, the majority of 'Schism' had little substance too. There do seem to be other links in these places however, like 'Disposition' doesn't aesthetically match Jack giving out his Christmas presents, but 'Watch the weather change...' seems to have a certain prominence, since he is changing Christmas...

Whatever happens, this is amazing and totally enjoyable to watch though. Thanks again!

Professor Frink
12-08-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by EndEyeQuote
As far as it working not as good i have experienced this too. it really seems that even a second or less off on that play button and its not the same. which could lend credence to it being real - TOOL is all about perfection after all.

one of these days ill sit down in front of the cd player and the dvd and time it perfect and write it down so i can do it every time.

It's not even that, the second or two. The first two times I watched it, it was PERFECT. Every scene matched up.. the buildup in Schism and T&L fit Jack's face perfectly, all the lyrical references. It was after these 2 watchings that I was convinced it was a planned effort, and done extremely well. Now, however, it seems like it's up to 15 or 20 seconds off, and is TOTALLY ruining the experience, causing me to understand why some people don't think of this as such a big deal. I simply cannot figure out what is causing this huge discrepency... i'm so freaking confused :P

Chuckhawk
12-08-2002, 03:51 PM
I think the key to continue enjoying it is to watch it without expecting anythign to happen. The way I do this is to just concentrate on the music, not on what is going to happen next in the movie.

I also noticed that right as parabola starts up Sally puts her hand in her pocket rather forcefully to take out a needle.

Andy DV
12-08-2002, 03:59 PM
Well, my copy of nbc is at home so I can't wait to try it - Normally I'm a skeptic about that kind of stuff but I can see TOOL doing something like that intentionally, especially because of some of the extended and blank endings to songs (Triad, Disgustipated, Parabola, etc.). Anyways, thats cool.

Professor Frink
12-08-2002, 05:18 PM
Chris_Brightwell:
How exactly did Aenima fit in? Could you tell me some details on that VCD you received? I'd be interested in trying that, as well.

--

ok, it appears i've fixed it! Actually i didn't do anything.. The first 2 times I did it with a tape, the 2nd two times w/ a downloaded DVD/divx rip (whatever you call it). Apparently, the speeds are different for some reason. I again tried the tape, and it works great.

holy reality
12-14-2002, 06:37 PM
this is really scaring me.... this summer I showed my friend the sober video because he said he'd never heard of tool, and it suddenly occured to us (both of us at the same time) that this was very similar in a way to a nightmare before christmas.....

i've got to try this now....

do you hit play with the cd player turned OFF right before the thing fades? because they take time to start up after you hit play and all

EndEyeQuote
12-15-2002, 03:03 AM
i usually hit play and let the cd player go - i dont pause it and cue it first - but that of course isnt exact because not all cd players take the same time to load - play with it a bit youll get it after a couple of tries

Professor Frink
12-15-2002, 12:21 PM
yeah, all CD players are different. I usually start my cd player as the movie is starting up, then hit the "back" button when the logo fades away. It seems to get it closer than just playing.

btw, im still waiting on word of the AEnima synch! :)

OpiAtE_666
12-15-2002, 02:44 PM
Man, I love synchronizations. I've been trying to find some Tool syncs that work and I haven't found any really good ones yet, so I've got to try this one. I haven't watched it yet, but here's another little clue, that it might be intentional. Right at the beginning of lateralus, you hear a film projector turning on. Also, if tool was going to to do this to a movie, Nightmare Before Christmas would be like the pefect one for them. Stop motion animation, just like their videos... I can't wait to try it.

Chuckhawk
12-16-2002, 07:11 PM
Hmm

On the back of the DVD I rented it said that NBC was the first full length claymation movie.

I like the idea about the sound in the beginning being a film projector.

EndEyeQuote
01-13-2003, 04:08 PM
bumping this because it is the topic of quite a bit of debate in another post - here it is for thsoe who didnt originally see it

withoutair
01-15-2003, 12:47 PM
Thanks for telling me about this post

Coeus
01-18-2003, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the bump. Gotta check this one out. I love how Tools music seems to sync up with so much in the world. I notice it all the time just driving along and watching things. Pretty beautiful stuff.

Scratch
01-19-2003, 09:01 PM
I don't get it. I actually wasted my time with this, thinking that it would actually work. How could I have been so foolish? Let me issue a warning to anyone who is considering this: DONT DO IT. It is a complete waste of time and is very dissapointing. Not at one point did the move sync up.

zumzim13
01-20-2003, 12:18 AM
me and some of my friends watched the dsotm/oz thing one time and put in lateralus when dsotm ended. i know it'll never work again because my friends cd skips, but when theyre in the field of flowers and dorothy passes out, the patient is playing talking about "the desire to heal the damaged and broken met along this tedious path i've chosen here..." then she passes out and it gets the the sigh and "i still may" and she opens her eyes right when the music gets hard again. that was the best part of the whole experience for me. like i said, i'll never be able to recreate it because of the skippin but it was a really cool coincencidence.

lastdaiz001
01-21-2003, 09:41 PM
OK...so there's a lot of confusion about where to start this movie (nbc) so it syncs up correctly with the cd. I found the solution and it works so completely well it's haunting that some think this is just a coincidence.

The trick is to START the cd right when the movie starts timing (yes, during the touchstone logo) so that Grudge and the first few chapters of the movie are in perfect time. You'll notice right away if you got it right (watch the pumpkins as they fall on the fence posts; witches should start flying when Maynard sings "saturn ascends"). Check out what Jack says as he puts his arm around the tombstone in the graveyard and what Maynard does in the song...I was speechless.

The whole CD is like this. It's in perfect sync with each step, scene change, and motion in the movie. Still think it's coincidence? Check out how the CD counts down during the final minutes of the credits and how the touchstone logo fades out into faaip de oiad. I guarantee you'll be stunned.

Professor Frink
01-22-2003, 11:10 AM
Wait, you start the CD when the touchstone logo shows up? You're supposed to start it as soon as it fades away.. "saturn ascends" shouldn't come until that tree starts walking around.

The best proof for this method is in Ticks & Leeches. The burst after the quiest part (~6:00) comes right when Jack makes the face at the kids. Plus, the rest of the movie matches up just fine.. I see a lot of parts that wouldn't work nearly as well if you start it as early as you do. I'll give it a look anyways.

wow! I never thought the grudge fit very well, but after watching it your way, it was amazing. I'm only on the Patient right now. But I'm so confused. It seems like many parts are giong to be thrown off now.. anyways, I'll have to watch the rest this way.

AnemicRoyalty
01-22-2003, 11:29 AM
i think you have too much time on your hands, yeah it's kind of interesting, but I'm sure you could match Lateralus with plenty of movies that really have no connection

holy reality
01-25-2003, 11:04 AM
I really want to experience this, but I don't have NBC and I don't have enough free time to do this....

does anyone know if I can find a file with them synched up together on the net together..... or does anyone feel like making one?

Now it's interesting to read that they synch up differently, yet still synch up when you start them at different points (touchstone appearing/fading)

Do you all listen to the movie with sound, or mute it?

Professor Frink
01-25-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by holy reality
does anyone know if I can find a file with them synched up together on the net together..... or does anyone feel like making one?

I was planning on making one, as soon as I figure out Adobe Premier (or even if i can do it in that program). Not really sure how I'm going to share it though, my school has the bandwidth to a lot of programs cut. Maybe SoulSeek? I'll keep you posted.

Do you all listen to the movie with sound, or mute it?

I just mute the video.. the first time, though, I left the sound on a little. The only thing I noticed was one of the characters saying "I don't want to be patient" shortly into The Patient. But there's really no advantage of listening to the movie simulataneously.

lastdaiz001
01-25-2003, 10:01 PM
if you're using the dvd version it works just as well to leave the subtitles on during the movie. A LOT of what Jack says during the movie coincides with Maynard's lyrics.

I know there's a way to rip the movie to vcd format (I used EasyVCD) and convert it to MPEG-1. Just haven't figured out how to link in lateralus for the soundtrack. Suggestions?

holy reality
01-26-2003, 11:23 AM
hey professor frink, that would be great if you could do that, i'd recommend making a high quality one, then a really small kind of crappy one so it's easier to download for slower connections, if you put it on your shared kazaa folder people will download and it'll eventually start getting spread everywhere

let us/me know if you get it up somewhere, i can try and download at my school with it's awesome 1.12 mb per sec download speed, then i can put it on my mp3 player and transfer it back home... you'd have to put it on a site that wouldn't be normally blocked by a site filter though, like not angelfire or anything commonly used

tiki_god7
01-26-2003, 01:30 PM
I just tried the match up a couple days ago and it worked great. I had never seen nightmare before christmas before this and I understood what was going on and the feelings of all the characters from just watching it listening to lateralus, I did it again two nights later and was still amaised, my friends say the movie is better with the music then with the real monologue

Doghouse
01-26-2003, 04:27 PM
It may be a coincedence, but it is still pretty incredible. the music and the images seemed to go perfectly together, and there were a few parts that had me in awe.

During Schism, when Maynard is singing, "I know the pieces fit, I know the pieces fit...", jack is hastily looking through books, trying to find a logical explanation for christmas. Also, at about 5:20 into Schism, the music sort of "explodes" into a loud finale, and right at that moment, jack looks at something with a really crazy face and it gets all red, and bright.

At the end of Parabol, when Maynard is singing, "All this pain is an illusion....", Sally jumps out of a window, loses her arm and leg, and then sows them back on!

During Reflection, when he is singing, "And in my darkest moment, fetal and weeping" Jack is lying in the graveyard, right after he got shot down out of the sky.

i would try the sync, it is quite cool.

Professor Frink
01-26-2003, 08:38 PM
hey professor frink, that would be great if you could do that, i'd recommend making a high quality one, then a really small kind of crappy one so it's easier to download for slower connections, if you put it on your shared kazaa folder people will download and it'll eventually start getting spread everywhere

Yeah I'll see what I can do. The only high-quality version of the movie I can find runs fast for some reason (ends up being about 3 or 4 minutes shorter than usual) so i'll have to mess with the duration.. my friend is a whiz with this stuff, he's the head of our film club here at my college (we're actually getting a short clip of ours played on CBC tomorrow night :P). So, hopefully within a day or two I'll have something ready.

Jack Handy
01-28-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Professor Frink
Yeah I'll see what I can do. The only high-quality version of the movie I can find runs fast for some reason (ends up being about 3 or 4 minutes shorter than usual) so i'll have to mess with the duration.. my friend is a whiz with this stuff, he's the head of our film club here at my college (we're actually getting a short clip of ours played on CBC tomorrow night :P). So, hopefully within a day or two I'll have something ready.

That would be great. I have a ripped copy of the movie off kazaa and it doesnt fit. If you do get the thing together i would greatly appreciate it.

My_Akrasia
01-28-2003, 05:28 PM
Hello everyone. I'm a first-time poster, long -time lurker. Glad to be here as part of a really cool community.

I've been reading this thread about synchs and that other thread with the alternate track listings, which also mentions synchs. Forgetting the question whether synchs are intentional, planned things or sheer coincidence, I'd love to discuss how our minds work in perceiving these synchs. I mean, some people see them and swear they must have been planned (Prof. Frink I'm looking at you :)) and other people completely dismiss them. Still others think they may exist but all as a major coincidence. A synch seems to be an example of an "object of hazy perception" - something that may be part of the world and how the world works, or maybe not. Like... umm shall we say, God? Religion? Magic? Superstition? Conspiracy theories?

Why do some people see the synch in all it's glory and others don't? How subjective is our perception in this matter? Whereas concepts like God and Natural Order are a bit too big and lofty to be adequately analysed here (degree in theology/anthropology/neural science anyone?) maybe we can do something on the idea of synchs. This idea of hazily perceived objects really fascinates me. I look forward to some of your thoughts on the matter.

Cheers.

holy reality
01-28-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Jack Handy
That would be great. I have a ripped copy of the movie off kazaa and it doesnt fit. If you do get the thing together i would greatly appreciate it.

Yeah that's fantastic, the only bad thing is I heard that because of RIAA all ISPs are supposed to report anyone who downloads files from kazaa... :( so perhaps another means of distribution would be better? I don't know, I don't think they care about videos, but..... well they(RIAA) are inherintly evil IMO

Professor Frink
01-28-2003, 08:08 PM
I don't think I can use Kazaa anyways from my school. I'm going to have to use Soulseek.

The thing is compiling now, I'll have it up on Soulseek tomorrow (slsk.org if you need it). user name is Griff, try around noon(eastern time) tomorrow (wed). Hopefully the transfer speeds won't be too bad,

edit-->actually it might be a little later than that. Meh, just look sometime tomorrow.

Professor Frink
01-29-2003, 09:53 AM
the bad news: had to go with mp4 format, which means quicktime :( (quicktime.com for qt6, its a quick dl)

good news: It's only 450 MB.

If you truly enjoy it, obviously the best quality will be by renting the DVD. The quality on this synch isn't amazing, but it's enough to make it enjoyable.

It's up on SoulSeek now, user Griff. Hopefully my speeds won't be too bad!

holy reality
01-30-2003, 03:38 PM
450 mb???? Man thats huge... anyway you aren't on there right now.... I guess I'll have to try and find you from school...

N_I3
01-30-2003, 09:34 PM
Yes I have seen the sync. It works for many of the songs, but some parts don't fit. Overall, I say it is a good view.

BottomFeeder
02-01-2003, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by diseased_lung
I don't get it. I actually wasted my time with this, thinking that it would actually work. How could I have been so foolish? Let me issue a warning to anyone who is considering this: DONT DO IT. It is a complete waste of time and is very dissapointing. Not at one point did the move sync up.

I completely agree.

Great joke guys, I fell for it.

To everyone else: don't be as stupid as me; they do not synch up at all. It was a waste of time.

holy reality
02-01-2003, 09:17 PM
I have only been able to see a very limited amount of this (downloading slow) but I have to say it's amazing, and I don't see how you guys can't see it.... it might not be 100% in synch, but it's extremely good..... "hang on and be..." and it shows those skeletons hanging from the tree....... wow!

Thanks professor frink for putting that file up, maybe eventually I'll actually manage to download the whole thing.

Professor Frink
02-01-2003, 09:43 PM
yeah sorry about the upload speeds. My school sucks ass.

N_13, would you mind trying to host it somewhere, if you kept it? I'm not gettin much more than 5k/s upload on Soulseek.

holy reality
02-02-2003, 11:14 AM
yeah, 12% done lol........ ummmmmmmm are you sure you don't have the "max u/l kb/s" thing set low or something? it should be set to zero or to really high like 500 or something

Professor Frink
02-02-2003, 06:08 PM
nah it's just my school going crazy with capping everything. You could just go rent the movie you know :)

holy reality
02-03-2003, 03:33 PM
i could.... but that costs money.... and i don't have enough time right now

Mslash68
02-04-2003, 09:59 PM
I have been watching NBC and listening to Tool for several years now, I originally was told about watching it while listening to Aenima. You start it so the music gets heavy when the door opens at the beginning.
shoulder deep within the borderline, her arm comes off.
The lamenting in eulogy, as he walks through a cemetary
46&2 singing about the shadow, while he is in the meeting standing at the podium with a spot light on him.
There are many more, just can't think of them
I have seen this with both Aenima and Lateralus
Aenima works much better. The animation is very balck and white, just like the CD. This works on so many levels.
Try watching this on mushrooms or some really good hydro.

KCh
02-04-2003, 10:28 PM
Throw your mushrooms away guys, you need no more drugs.

These rants about 'Oh look at how similar this movie is to Lateralus' is proof you need no more.

Write something worth your existance for once would you?

Spiralman
02-06-2003, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by KCh
Throw your mushrooms away guys, you need no more drugs.

These rants about 'Oh look at how similar this movie is to Lateralus' is proof you need no more.

Write something worth your existance for once would you?

Must not have had it synched right. Wow. So it was NBC all along. I always knew there was a movie that went with this album but this ended up being a total suprise to me. Although the stop motion kind of makes sense. Pretty nifty indeed.

Thrakandor
02-06-2003, 02:53 AM
Hmmm... doesn't seem to be happening for me, but I downloaded a rip from Kazaa specifically to try it. People have already said that it doesn't work out right with the rips?

I'll try a dvd at some point.

Any suggestions as to other options? Is that version with Lateralus embedded in it still available?

Cheers.

lastdaiz001
02-06-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Mslash68
I have been watching NBC and listening to Tool for several years now, I originally was told about watching it while listening to Aenima. You start it so the music gets heavy when the door opens at the beginning.
shoulder deep within the borderline, her arm comes off.
The lamenting in eulogy, as he walks through a cemetary
46&2 singing about the shadow, while he is in the meeting standing at the podium with a spot light on him.
There are many more, just can't think of them
I have seen this with both Aenima and Lateralus
Aenima works much better. The animation is very balck and white, just like the CD. This works on so many levels.
Try watching this on mushrooms or some really good hydro.

Haven't tried it with the Aenema CD yet. Very curious though after seeing how well it works with Lateralus. Can't imagine it would work better than Lateralus. Isn't the Aenema CD 10 mins shorter?

Grommell
02-09-2003, 05:53 AM
Which touchstone logo? I've encountered three thus far. There is the one at the start of the DVD, there is the exact same one straight after it followed by a "Touchstone Pictures Presents" screen. Which one do I play after.

I'm not sure I'm doing it right at all. It looks as if nothing is synching up. Is the actual music supposed to start when the camera is zooming down over the Tree Door things? I think I need more references to go by to make sure I'm doing it right.

Convoy_X
02-09-2003, 07:33 AM
any thing can sinck up, one day i was wacthing the X-men cartoon and as Magneeto started up his bid death machine, the phone rang.....

has any one tryed to do this with other Tim Burton films?

lastdaiz001
02-09-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Grommell
Which touchstone logo? I've encountered three thus far. There is the one at the start of the DVD, there is the exact same one straight after it followed by a "Touchstone Pictures Presents" screen. Which one do I play after.

I'm not sure I'm doing it right at all. It looks as if nothing is synching up. Is the actual music supposed to start when the camera is zooming down over the Tree Door things? I think I need more references to go by to make sure I'm doing it right.

i used the special edition dvd of nbc, and you start the cd right when the touchstone logo comes on the sceen (music starts when the logo fades into the opening credits). to be 100% sure: the time on your dvd player should match the time running on your cd player.

Professor Frink
02-14-2003, 09:37 AM
I seem to be getting decent upload speeds on Soulseek now. Give it another try if you'd like.

Phlame
02-16-2003, 06:27 AM
i gotta try this shit! me frend is upsessed with nbc so ill do it with her she isint the biggest tool fan tho hehe... im worken on that tho on the bus i make her listen to lateralus and undertow a few times

eulogy508
06-02-2003, 01:40 PM
i've tried dsotm/wizard of oz several times, and it is near perfect, I absolutely sugguest you do it yourself, I could go into detail about all the coincidences but it would take hours and hours.

Anyway, i happened to have lost my one and only copy of nbc (its VHS) and I'm too poor to buy a new one, but when I do buy a copy, where exactly should I unpause the CD and let it start playing??

Chris_Brightwell
06-02-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by eulogy508
[...] where exactly should I unpause the CD and let it start playing?? I'm rendering a WMV file now. I'll try to make it available here.

--
Chris Brightwell // moderator

chazbot
06-02-2003, 05:36 PM
I watched it and had mixed feelings, I especially thought the first 10 minutes were cool.

No one has yet mentioned that the weird green glob guy is on a spiralling circular platform, (similar to Maynard's on the recent tours), during the same climatic part of Lateralus, where the platform spins during the show.

I found this to be the most interesting coincidence of the synch. As well as the pumpkins falling on the stakes in time with the opening of the grudge.