PDA

View Full Version : Very early version of Sober (C.A.D)

Cloudshaper
01-05-2007, 09:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKW5sxz8bM4

I actually didn't knew that part of this song is pre-Tool

Hæ hæ

opiated
01-05-2007, 12:48 PM
Maynard's mohawk is fucking insane.

toolrox19
01-05-2007, 07:53 PM
i posted that in some other thread

toolrox19
01-05-2007, 07:54 PM
yeah its cool

opiated
01-05-2007, 09:03 PM
"Burned About Out." "Sober's" working title. That is also neat.

Is it just me or, if you listen to the lyrics, are they a bit more . . . I dunno . . . religious-focused than the end product?

Anyway, I'm making guitar tabs for this. Should I decide to cover "Sober," I'll pull a "No Quarter" on it -- make it longer, add parts, add parts from this into it, etc., so on, so forth, yadda, yadda. At least it would be a notch above that shitty Shrimp Triscut cover and bit more original in approach.

hushypushy
01-05-2007, 11:34 PM
If you do, record it and post it. Sounds like you're actually gonna put some effort into it, which might make it a good listen...

Aequitas
01-06-2007, 12:25 AM
Wow. I always assumed CAD had a projected a slightly more mysterious aesthetic. Guess not, heh.

Speaking of CAD, though, I have a track (supposedly) of theirs, but I'm not sure of the proper title. It's got almost a Nine Inch Nails-esque vibe to it, and lyrics such as "Sitting on a high fly/watching bantams fly by..." Has anyone else heard this/know what it's called?

opiated
01-06-2007, 12:31 PM
If you do, record it and post it. Sounds like you're actually gonna put some effort into it, which might make it a good listen...

I will, most likely. I'm more worried about getting the vox right than I am the guitar (I'm by no means a good player, but I would like to think I am a decent player -- I can figure out stuff by ear and learn how to play the song correctly in little to no time), so it will probably be a guitar track first, with the vox track overdubbed in.

"Sitting on a high fly/watching bantams fly by..."

Sounds like you could sing that to the tune of "Undertow."

opiated
01-06-2007, 01:01 PM
He has also appeared on a public access show called "Colin's Sleazy Friends."

Wait -- those vids are from that show, aren't they?

EDIT: If anyone has mp3s of this song, hook me up or PM me with links or a download.

mr. nikki jensen
01-07-2007, 08:52 AM
nard was hawt back then. lol nice video

O.G.T.92
01-09-2007, 02:51 AM
In the words of napoleon dynamite "this is pretty much the worst video ever made". well, compared to tool as we know it. Its actually reminiscent of Devo, I LOVE the black guy in the painters outfit!

O.G.T.92
01-09-2007, 02:59 AM
I couldnt help but post again, this may very well be the most hilarios clip ever! Just imagine that drummer NOW, trying to explain to people in bars that he was in a band with the singer from tool! My life now has renewed purpose.

mr. nikki jensen
01-12-2007, 10:28 AM
In the words of napoleon dynamite "this is pretty much the worst video ever made". well, compared to tool as we know it. Its actually reminiscent of Devo, I LOVE the black guy in the painters outfit!

yea, he sure looks funny.

Polish_Rides_The_Spiral
01-22-2007, 06:39 PM
not enough emotion for me, the tempo doesnt hold emotion

There is no spoon
01-23-2007, 10:03 AM
What year is this from, and is there anything else?

dissected-detcessid
01-25-2007, 08:43 PM
Makes me wonder if any of the songs (lyrically) are anymore creative than Maynard going to some lock-and-key file cabinet in his basement and pulling out some notebook full of lyrics... It's unlikely but it just makes me wonder.

shifty50fs
01-26-2007, 06:47 AM
"Sitting on a high fly/watching bantams fly by..." what it's called?

If I'm not mistaken, the song is called Children of the Anachronistic Dynasty. Very cool song, wish I could find it. Its somewhere on this computer...

EDIT:: Found it. Track 12 on their tape Fingernails, titled 'C.A.D.'

"Children of anachronism flying from the womb."

Aequitas
01-26-2007, 01:14 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the song is called Children of the Anachronistic Dynasty. Very cool song, wish I could find it. Its somewhere on this computer...

EDIT:: Found it. Track 12 on their tape Fingernails, titled 'C.A.D.'

"Children of anachronism flying from the womb."

Figures it'd have so obvious a title as to make me smack my forhead and utter, "duh."