PDA

View Full Version : Only live brodcasted sober live video?

Stinkfyst
01-04-2007, 12:17 AM
I stumbled across something interesting on youtube.com the other day, and I tried searching the whole forum for this already but I don't believe anyone has seen it yet, or has yet to notify anyone.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zw3FTiWRXF8

I couldn't believe there was actually a time where Tool had their performance brodcasted. I would imagine it was on TV at some point since it was at a festival(or so I heard from somewhere). I'm unsure of all my sources at the moment, but all I know is that this is the first professionally recorded video of Tool performing, and it is quite good. I remember how everyone was praying for a live Tool DVD to have professional performances captured on DVD, but here they are back in '93. It's not the best catch if you ask me...it could have been one of their better songs than Sober, but I truely cannot complain!

I also want to know...if this is on the internet then a whole concert must be somewhere floating around here, and if that's true then are there any more? Damn I'm praying for someone to look long a hard because I'm still in the process of doing so. Anyways hopefully I made someones day by posting this.

Enjoy!

theDEXorphan
01-04-2007, 12:24 AM
I don't believe anyone has seen it yet,

seen it
good vid.
but definatly seen it a few dozen times.

hushypushy
01-04-2007, 02:09 AM
Been posted tons of times, it's a good clip though. People keep thinking that the rest exists somewhere, but it doesn't. The footage possibly exists, but I doubt that anything other than Sober was actually edited, and definitely nothing other than Sober was broadcast (or we surely would've heard about it). A soundboard surely exists as well. Highly doubtful that either will get leaked, though.

Stinkfyst
01-04-2007, 11:41 PM
Damn...oh well. I guess we can only pray for that live DVD. :/

theDEXorphan
01-04-2007, 11:55 PM
to satan

mr. nikki jensen
01-12-2007, 10:36 AM
its a awesome vid

Trelectron
10-18-2007, 03:18 AM
This whole Tool Live show from the Reading Festival 93 does exist, but not as a pro shot.

Setlist:
Intolerance
Undertow
Sober
Opiate
Flood
Jerk-Off

But still, after watching this show it has become one of my favourite performances of Tool ever. u can see clearly what Tool as a whole used to be back than. all the guys are just awesome, Maynard is outstanding. But to be honest, what impressed me most of all, was Paul and his playing!!!! i had never seen Paul play live with Tool before, and "Hush" vidoclip didnt tell me much about him. while Justin was (and still is) one of my favourite musicians. But when i saw Paul and the way he played i could not believe my ears my eyes!!! i was like, "what the fck?????????????????????????" i was speechless!!! after that i keep asking myself: "Paul, buddy, why THE FCK DID U LEAVE????????????". this question still tortures me, even though i realise what really happened there....