PDA

View Full Version : Jambi is the third 10KD single

swaps
12-30-2006, 01:13 AM
Goes for adds mid-January.

edit (01.04): Moved back to a TBD date in February.

edit (01.27): New add dates Feb. 12 & 13.

mr. nikki jensen
12-30-2006, 06:06 AM
nice

Salvatorin
12-30-2006, 05:32 PM
kool

wix3l
12-30-2006, 06:18 PM
it will probably be the last single off this album

hushypushy
12-30-2006, 06:18 PM
Where did you hear this?

Amazonis
12-30-2006, 07:35 PM
I was expecting Right In Two - I think the general radio audience would like it more than Jambi. Maybe Tool thought what I was thinking - that having the last real song on the album playing on radio isn't a real good idea.

InertUniformity
12-30-2006, 07:52 PM
I was expecting Right In Two - I think the general radio audience would like it more than Jambi. Maybe Tool thought what I was thinking - that having the last real song on the album playing on radio isn't a real good idea.

what does that have to do with anything?

the midas touch
12-30-2006, 09:30 PM
I think Right in Two could easily be bandwagoned by the general public.
Emo kids jump on songs about how bad one person's situation is, imagine a song which critisizes all of Americans--it'd be the hippest thing since Reebok Pumps.

bfspider
12-31-2006, 02:22 AM
sweet. i hope it isn't too "radio edited" for time :/

InsolentBystander
12-31-2006, 02:41 AM
Weird choice. I’m surprised. I thought it’d be Right In Two. I suppose the hectically long (and utterly brilliant) intro isn’t right for radio. Having said that if I ever hear Jambi’s opening riff on mainstream radio I’m going to giggle.

Divine_left
12-31-2006, 09:19 AM
There was a second single?

imatoolhed
12-31-2006, 09:23 AM
^^ it was a hoax

Divine_left
12-31-2006, 09:26 AM
interesting. I should listen to more radio.

no wait, I shouldn't.

InsolentBystander
01-01-2007, 10:21 AM
interesting. I should listen to more radio.

no wait, I shouldn't.

Well if songs like “The Pot” are on the radio then you should. :-)

toolmantra87
01-02-2007, 07:11 AM
Thats pretty cool as I think Jambi would be a much better single than The Pot.
I remember actually hearing Jambi on my local radio like bout a month or so ago...

Sagacious Foetu
01-02-2007, 11:05 AM
the pot is already a single...

Amazonis
01-02-2007, 08:50 PM
what does that have to do with anything?

Because Right In Two is the emotional ending to the album, and I doubt Tool would want people to hear the end of the album before they heard the rest of it.

Hannibal
01-05-2007, 07:56 PM
I think Jambi is the best song on 10,000 Days so I'm very glad to know its the next single. Of course it'll be edited, but I don't listen to the radio so who cares.

A Tad Bit Catatonic
01-05-2007, 09:23 PM
I personally think Jambi's the most infectious groove on the record. Moreso even than with most Tools songs, it's so complex and dynamic I find myself having to think really hard and get way into it just to follow along with what is even going on. And that makes me just get into it even more. I think they saved the best for last as they usually do - Also I think the solo in that song and the seething metal crescendos will bring more fans on the bandwagon.

Plus - well of course you'll have to laugh at this, considering we haven't even seen the video for Vicarious. But, yup I said it, "imagine the video".

fadastic
01-06-2007, 04:38 AM
I personally think Jambi's the most infectious groove on the record. Moreso even than with most Tools songs, it's so complex and dynamic I find myself having to think really hard and get way into it just to follow along with what is even going on. And that makes me just get into it even more. I think they saved the best for last as they usually do - Also I think the solo in that song and the seething metal crescendos will bring more fans on the bandwagon.

Plus - well of course you'll have to laugh at this, considering we haven't even seen the video for Vicarious. But, yup I said it, "imagine the video".
To tell you the truth, Jambi is my least favorite song on the record. That one riff is kind of boring to me. I mainly listen to it for the sing-a-long appeal until about halfway and then skip it. The solo seems blah to me as well. I feel that The Pot has the best groove on the record.

mr. nikki jensen
01-06-2007, 06:06 AM
i was hoping for intension as 3rd single.

and yes, im serious.

jaymz1090
01-06-2007, 06:21 AM
Is a good choice, I listen to Jambi more than any other track on the album.

Amazonis
01-08-2007, 09:48 PM

Do you think we'll actually end up getting a video for this track? I hope we do, but I doubt that vey much. They have only made two video's per album in the past, but they have still had more than two singles.

Underalus
01-25-2007, 08:10 PM
It's fucking crazy edited.

mr. nikki jensen
01-26-2007, 08:55 AM
it will probably be the last single off this album

4th single: Intension

hopefully

LRonHubbard
01-27-2007, 11:17 AM
i have heard jambi 3 or 4 times this week on the radio..kind of caught me off guard at 1st..but i tihnk its an exclellent choiuce

Amazonis
01-28-2007, 09:03 PM
No way will Intension be a single.

Dalek
01-29-2007, 08:59 AM
A friend of mine heard Right in Two on the radio back in May I remember, but I'm not sure how much radioplay it's received since the album was released.

Alex in Chains
01-29-2007, 09:13 AM
I think Right in Two could easily be bandwagoned by the general public.
Emo kids jump on songs about how bad one person's situation is, imagine a song which critisizes all of Americans--it'd be the hippest thing since Reebok Pumps.

I don't think "Right in Two" criticizes Americans specifically. I think it criticizes all of humanity, and the lyrics are really more descriptive of the Middle East when we're NOT there. For example, listen to the song and think of the Israel-Palestine rivalry. I think the song is an indictment of the violent nature of humans, and I would be pretty disappointed if Tool jumped on the Fuck Bush bandwagon with everyone else and turned out the same low-brow no-blood-for-oil songs of bands like Green Day, Incubitch, and anyone else who thinks they're qualified to comment.

EDIT: Also, your post seems to imply that you think a song that critisizes all Americans would be new and cutting-edge and unique. It wouldn't be.

Stinkfyst
01-29-2007, 09:29 AM
What's going on with music videos for these damn singles?

Metalgod666
02-05-2007, 11:44 AM
scrapped...

toolloot
02-05-2007, 11:46 AM
What was the second single?

wix3l
02-05-2007, 02:00 PM
What was the second single?

El Poto

wearethestories
02-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Heard "Jambi" played on Sirius Satellite Radio about a week after 10KDays was released.

wearethestories
02-10-2007, 09:32 AM
I don't think "Right in Two" criticizes Americans specifically. I think it criticizes all of humanity, and the lyrics are really more descriptive of the Middle East when we're NOT there. For example, listen to the song and think of the Israel-Palestine rivalry. I think the song is an indictment of the violent nature of humans, and I would be pretty disappointed if Tool jumped on the Fuck Bush bandwagon with everyone else and turned out the same low-brow no-blood-for-oil songs of bands like Green Day, Incubitch, and anyone else who thinks they're qualified to comment.

EDIT: Also, your post seems to imply that you think a song that critisizes all Americans would be new and cutting-edge and unique. It wouldn't be.

agreed, agreed.

Rhapsody
02-26-2007, 10:43 AM
Our local station in Chicago still has "The Pot" as the latest single.

base metal
02-26-2007, 10:50 AM
I've heard Jambi on the radio a few times, but always late at night.

Rhapsody
02-26-2007, 10:53 AM
I called to request it and the dj said he had never heard of it...in fact, he asked if it was a Beach Boys song.

Inner_Eulogy
02-27-2007, 10:36 AM
and I would be pretty disappointed if Tool jumped on the Fuck Bush bandwagon with everyone else and turned out the same low-brow no-blood-for-oil songs of bands like Green Day, Incubitch, and anyone else who thinks they're qualified to comment.

Too late, I suppose you never heard about the Emotive album by APC (regarding Maynard anyway). He hasn't exactly come right out and said it but, it's quite obvious.

Carbonatedgravy
02-27-2007, 11:23 AM
Too late, I suppose you never heard about the Emotive album by APC (regarding Maynard anyway). He hasn't exactly come right out and said it but, it's quite obvious.

Especially that damn video for the Pet remix. (I don't remember the name of the Emotive version.) They literally show an oil derrick pumping blood...

But I think Tool as a band will at least attempt to remain more broad and universal than that. They've obviously said stuff in interviews, but I think if they wanted to directly attack Bush in their music, they'd have done it by now.

jevons
02-27-2007, 11:28 AM
^^Counting Bodies Like Sheep.

And fuck radio, fuck singles. Fuck Radio. If there's going to be new fans, they come from fans: making babies. That's how almost every tool fan i know came about. Someone passed on a CD, or better yet bought an extra one/two dozen.
Fuck Radio in it's stupid ass. It's dead, dead like dead Oliver Reid.

jevons
02-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Especially that damn video for the Pet remix. (I don't remember the name of the Emotive version.) They literally show an oil derrick pumping blood...

But I think Tool as a band will at least attempt to remain more broad and universal than that. They've obviously said stuff in interviews, but I think if they wanted to directly attack Bush in their music, they'd have done it by now.

The defining characteristic of this band is that you can find different, seemingly unrelated themes/veins within the thematic body of any song. The more you look at the song, however, the more these themes reveal themselves; which is why you never ever ever in a million years get fucking bored, fuck.

Take The Grudge: could be slapping a crooked government in the face, could be slapping the emotional crutch known as a grude, could be commenting on eternities of lost wisdom and ability and the few who profit from it. The snake imagery in H. could be the whole tree of life thing (abusive childhood), or it could be a Christian image (temptation), or it could be any fucking thing you see a snake as representing. But actually think about it- they're pretty fucking similar. However you look at it, whatever it means to you, save for the McDonald's kids, the song will eventually guide you to a thesis. All it asks is that you listen, try.
So in a way, they have directly attacked Bush, and me, and shit now i'm depressed.

EssnayRepXTamEt
02-27-2007, 07:22 PM
I heard the talkbox solo at a Calgary Flames game about a week ago.
It was pretty cool.

Hannibal
04-15-2007, 10:47 PM
I've heard this song about tons of times when I'm changing CDs in my car. It's edited and it sounds horrendous. I hate the radio.

Aenima7988
05-21-2007, 11:40 AM
wait what was teh second single? I only heard Vicarious on the radio once or twice when the album still hadn't come out. I never heard it after that and I definitley never heard any other 10K Days songs. Screw K Rock

zeik
05-31-2007, 12:30 PM
The more you look at the song, however, the more these themes reveal themselves; which is why you never ever ever in a million years get fucking bored, fuck.

haha, agreed. ill never get bored with it.
and the rock station around here is pretty good with tool. other than the 3 singles from 10kd, and they also play sober, stinkfist, aenima, schism, and lateralus pretty often. i think jambi would have been better as the 2nd single (and i wish The Pot would have never made it to radio). they pretty much cut jambi in half though, which annoys the shit out of me

Arkham Asylum
05-31-2007, 01:20 PM
Haha they bleep out the words "hooker" and "devil" (amongst others) when they play it in my area.

TurdEye13
05-31-2007, 02:10 PM
Haha they bleep out the words "hooker" and "devil" (amongst others) when they play it in my area.

no way! you must be kidding, please tell me you are kidding

zeik
05-31-2007, 07:48 PM

its the same way on our radio station. hahaha. its like "beg like a h{blank noise}all night long."

toolwithapenis
05-31-2007, 07:54 PM
hmm
it doesnt edit it out in NM
well not late at night anyway
it seems like the station is pretty lax with editing tho

Arkham Asylum
06-01-2007, 06:33 PM

Nope, I'm not kidding. I was surprised too, since I'm in NJ and we're relatively liberal with the whole censorship thing. Instead of a blank noise or a BEEP sound, they replace the word with a scratchy type of sound. Really fucks with you if you're singing along haha.