PDA

View Full Version : Triad Live

awwww shoot
06-17-2003, 01:47 PM
I have the Oklahoma City bootleg, and the live version of this song blows my mind every time I hear it.

I am a drummer, and most people think I like it so much because of the incredible drumming, but I think on the live version of Triad, Adam's guitar playing is incredible. It's very atmospheric and progressive, and near the end of the song, he adds a riff that goes perfectly with the song.

I really think this is one of the most energetic songs Tool plays, and I believe it is very underappreciated, for all the instruments.

brian c
06-18-2003, 06:48 AM
When I saw Tool with Tomahawk, the drummer of Tamahawk came out during Triad and set up a little set between Adam and Justin. The part at the end of reflection where Adam doesn't use a pick and its all soft they played for about 10 minutes while they set up. It was awsome with the two drummers.

nickknocker
06-18-2003, 08:50 PM
yeah i think they do the two-drummer thing at every show
as a guitarist this is one of my favorite songs to play, just because of the odd solo at the beginning that suddenly turns into the main riff. That solo that adam adds into the live version makes the song even better (i never really enjoyed the ending "solo" of the studio version)
Also, i think theres one bootleg of the song from Australia (i forget), in which the beginning with the drumming sounds insanely better than the oklahoma city one, check it out if you can get deadohiosky.net to work, because it seems to be acting strangely

herarety
06-19-2003, 09:56 PM
I've seen them play with a Tomohawk drummer and a Meshuggah drummer..
WOW! @ the +Meshuggah performance.