PDA

View Full Version : Reading Recommnedations

Tantobourne
06-17-2003, 11:52 AM
A sticky in the Socialize forum for book recommendations would be cool.

I.e. People post the name/author of books that are related/semi-related to Tool (or no relation for that matter)along with a hyperlink perhaps pointing to its listing on Amazon....

Having it stuck at the top of the forum would make for easy ref on subject matter covered in threads.

Perhaps:

Cheeses of the World (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0847815994/qid=1055879536/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_3/002-1838805-6628016?v=glance&s=books) in relation to the Cheese thread.

Poor example but I'm sure you get the idea.

George Bush Sr.
06-17-2003, 12:37 PM
or the reading list should be updated with the bagillion books Blair's listed on toolband.

Tantobourne
06-17-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by George Bush Sr.
or the reading list should be updated with the bagillion books Blair's listed on toolband.

It'd be a good start. Nothing better than duplicating the effort ; )

reedc33
06-17-2003, 01:08 PM
Well, I'll second, or third this idea, but then we would need a beer recommendation sticky, and Kind bud recommendation sticky, a fine wine one, an asian girl recommendation sticky, and...well, ok, books are ok.

Cronos
06-17-2003, 01:56 PM
I don't know why it needs to be stickified, and not just made a thread. If people don't care about it enough it will sink to page two. I think, as usual, it should have to stand the test of stupidity. If the ranks of stupidity overwhelm the thread, and it sinks, then obviously no one is interested in seeing it stuck at the top. But, I don't know. If it happens it's not like I'm going to strike, if it doesn't I'm not going to cry either. But why not just make the thread now, and see how it goes, and when the mods see this, if they agree they will sticky your thread for you.

Tantobourne
06-17-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Cronos
I think, as usual, it should have to stand the test of stupidity.

Yah, good point. The deed is now done.