PDA

View Full Version : God on the mind...

Dionysus
11-27-2002, 09:48 PM
In the art work in the front of the CD there is said to be the word god written inside the brain in the fifth frame(I think). It leades me to believe that they mean that god (or a higher power; "light"as it's refferd to in Reflection) is a part of the mind,or possibly just a connection to the natural world. The verse " mention this to me, and watch the weather change," seems to me to be playing off this. In this song It's seems that this person has reached a level of awareness to this devine connection that his emotions are reflected in his surroundings.
This explination is probably now twice the length of the vocal part, so it's probably not in any way correct, however I would like to hear what anyone has to think.

TheHollow
11-28-2002, 02:28 AM
Well... I'll give it a shot!

OK! We HAVE mentioned that POSSIBLY it's about the meditative state. The thing is, that when in that state... When in absolute meditation, you let go of your ego, and "hook up" to collective consciousness. In religions worldwide, it has been said that each human has the "breath" of God inside (his soul). Maybe when meditating there's a union of "souls" with the Original Breath. The Breath you mentioned Dionysus.

When you reach the ultimate level of awareness (by opening the crown chakra -something only 3 people have achieved in the history of humanity), you are on the highest level any human can reach. Possibly more in touch with Divinity then anybody else.

However, eventhough you "swing on the spiral of your divinity", you're "still only human".

Dionysus
11-28-2002, 09:44 PM
So, we can easliy decipher Reflection from what has been said here,
maybe...?
but I guess I shouldent poast anything here.

TheHollow
11-29-2002, 02:19 AM
"And we will come to find that we are all one mind..."

Dionysus
11-29-2002, 10:58 AM
I was also refrencing to the "Crusify the ego before it's far too late,"

Jay Wallerius
12-02-2002, 05:29 PM
What if soon humanity is no longer (HUMAN)ity? What if our Consciousness changes and we are all connected all the time not that time would matter for time is a human invention. look at it this way ..... Ants are at the top of the so called evolutionary ladder. But I dont see it as a grotesque or evil thing. It is scary to think about but change is always scary no?

TheHollow
12-03-2002, 02:33 AM
Well... I'm not too sure about time being a human invention... Most animals are fully aware of the seasons, and day-nighttime patterns. As for humans... They are the only species I know of, on this planet, that can choose when to escape time and experience timelessness. When in total meditation (or the first stage of sleep), there is no time and no space. Perhaps that's how you can simply "watch the weather change" kinda drawn out of this reality, and drawn into a "holy reality". And perhaps (just speculating) "mentioning anything" will draw Maynard back to this (sober?) reality. After all both this tangible (yang) world and the "other" (yim) world, are equally important, and being able to experience one helps in experiencing the other...

ShackledEidolon
12-04-2002, 01:09 PM
Ive written on my thoughts on this song elsewhere and I feel those ideas are very similar to these and are connected. Yes we are hopeing to connect to this part of ourselves that 'holy spark' 'breath of god' or 'soul' we are shards of a divine being...the personalities of a schizophrenic God. We hope to communicate with our divinity...realize this...have it reveal itself only to come to realize that we are hopeing to communicate with ourselves...

Dionysus
12-04-2002, 04:01 PM
there's something wrong with this but I don't know what...