PDA

View Full Version : Incredible Drums

mne pohuy
11-27-2002, 07:51 PM
I just had to say, that Danny Carey is awe-inspiring. Being a drummer, I pay attention to the legistics and semantics of the drum tracks, rather than just the feel. Danny's technicality and ability is amazing. He is a rock. His time is solid, his subdivisions are clean and accurate, he can use dynamics at impeccable times, his hands and feet have acquired independece and move like fluid. Danny's style is awesome too. The way he plays, and damn, the way he solos is great. It's hard to find a drummer that can comfortably solo if 5 and 7 (The Grudge and Forty Six & 2), let alone play an entire song in odd times (especially The Patient and Lateralus in 9 and 8 and 7 then 5). My thanks goes out to Danny, for being one of the leading inspirations in my drumming career. Every time I hear him play, it makes me want to play too and become better, not only at drums but a better person... more in touch with myself. This may not be about any specific song meaning, but I just had to post it to get it out of my system. Yay, I feel a lot better.
By the way...
Danny = Incredible