PDA

View Full Version : i posted this before, but it fits better here

Open Eye Visual
11-27-2002, 07:15 PM
Does anyone recall talks about a different song order to this album, where if you plotted numbers to form a parabola, and if you listened to the songs in that order they would fit together better. I'm really not sure exactly how it worked, I just remember that much about it. Anyone else have any clues or heard the same thing?

Pretty pretty please...

mne pohuy
11-27-2002, 08:47 PM
Okay, a parabola is a quadratic equation, ax²+ bx + c=0. The numbers to make it can be any numbers such as x² + 2x + 4 or 5x² + 10x + 5, henceforth leaving an infinite number of parabolas to be made. So you could take any track number and replace in with the coeffecients and it would make a parabola. Now, if TOOL gave you a parabola to look at, then you could find the zero's and make an equation which would tell you A, B, and C, which could be track nubmers. (Parabolas also come in the form y= a(x+h)² + k or x= a(y+k)² + h) (I think.... it's been a while since Algebra.)
So basically, unless you have a parabola to analyze, the possibilities are endless.

mne pohuy
11-27-2002, 08:49 PM
I said quadratic EQUATION, well it is a qudratic equation, but a parabola is better described as a quadratic FUNCTION. Sorry for the typo. HA.