PDA

View Full Version : Extended Version

wix3l
12-17-2006, 09:38 PM
Does anyone know what date they first played the extended version?

UtUmNo1
12-17-2006, 09:57 PM
The one with the breakdown or the one with the extra verse?

wix3l
12-18-2006, 11:31 AM
The break down.

weathermantom
01-06-2007, 08:39 PM
Well, speaking of the extra verse, what are the lyrics to that?
(not the Suspicious Minds lyrics, the ones where "something kind of sad about" should go)

Edit: never mind, I found it in an old thread. And in case you're wondering, and too lazy to go look, here it is:

Something kinda crawling inside
Can not Peel Away from me
Should I try to care or take it down
Held what feeling did to me
Something's shoved deep inside
Here we go, you kneel and I’ll stick it in
I really don't feel a thing at all

Sounds pretty much right to me, based on the one bootleg I've seen of it, but if you have any revisions, feel free to add them.

weathermantom
01-06-2007, 08:52 PM
And to answer your original question, in the bootlegs that I have from 94 and 95, they don't do the bridge before "I'll keep digging" ...but I only have 4 samples from which to draw this conclusion.

hushypushy
01-06-2007, 11:41 PM
I used to think that they started playing the extended bridge in 98, but the other day I was listening to either 12/16/1996 or 12/19/1996 (can't remember and I'm not at home to check) and they played it then! It really sucks though, it's a lot shorter, Justin doesn't play as funky, Adam doesn't go wild at all, and they just flop back into "I'll keep digging". In my opinion, the best version is the 2006 version, they have a longer version that is much more interesting and of course, Danny's little sample that he plays right before Maynard comes back in, which I think is brilliant.

mr. nikki jensen
01-12-2007, 10:55 AM
I used to think that they started playing the extended bridge in 98, but the other day I was listening to either 12/16/1996 or 12/19/1996 (can't remember and I'm not at home to check) and they played it then! It really sucks though, it's a lot shorter, Justin doesn't play as funky, Adam doesn't go wild at all, and they just flop back into "I'll keep digging". In my opinion, the best version is the 2006 version, they have a longer version that is much more interesting and of course, Danny's little sample that he plays right before Maynard comes back in, which I think is brilliant.

i came in my pants while seeing stinkfist on roskilde 06. adams scratchy guitarnoice went through my balls.

Polish_Rides_The_Spiral
01-14-2007, 04:31 PM
where are you guys getting this extended version? the one ive got is just off teh album, if theres another studio one, or an official live track of stinkfist could ya please let me in the loop?