PDA

View Full Version : The Darkness (new video game) has R Stoned Lyric on wall

underneathheaven
12-15-2006, 07:57 PM
I dont know if anyone has seen the latest issue of EGM magazine. Electronic Gaming Monthly is a videogame mag for those who dont know. Anyhow, the latest issue (with the wii and ps3 on the cover) has an article on a new game called The Darkness. There are some screen shots of the game and on page 39 there is a shot of a guy walking around some room. On the wall of this room you can see bits and pieces of "Me? The chosen one? They chose me?" and the part about not graduating from highschool is cut out of the shot. Anyone else spot this? Whats up this quote in the game?

Omar Rodriguez-Mopez
12-15-2006, 09:46 PM
Scan it.

Life feeds on life
12-20-2006, 12:48 PM
dude i saw that too!!!
it is this zombie video game. i took a pic of the page with my camera phone
sry not the greatest pic but you can see it:http://stashbox.org/7656/TOol.jpg

smeefsmeef
12-21-2006, 12:14 PM
sweet!

Life feeds on life
12-22-2006, 08:27 AM
so i emailed starbreeze studios about the game and the art director emailed me back and mentioning that these screenshots indeed included lyrics from tool's rosetta stoned:

"There are quite a number of Tool-fans here at Starbreeze (especially myself). We tend to include homage's such as the one you mentioned when we produce art content. This particular case will however not make it into the final game in its current form due to pressure >from the copyright lawyers. We are not endorsed by Tool, and we have never asked them to endorse us.

We are simply fans that sometimes express our love for the band in our work.

All the best,

Jens Matthies

Art Director

Starbreeze Studios"

Ardent
12-30-2006, 09:28 PM
i saw this article at 4:30 am after a pizza run to walmart and was like, "yeah....thats Tool, wonder if its intentional?" so i guess it was.... makes sense.

jinxation
05-09-2007, 08:55 PM
http://toolnavy.com/showpost.php?p=1615883&postcount=10

a link to the image scanned, as well as the full article

Hodge
05-09-2007, 10:01 PM
haha pretty cool

KlepTIK
05-13-2007, 02:13 PM
so i emailed starbreeze studios about the game and the art director emailed me back and mentioning that these screenshots indeed included lyrics from tool's rosetta stoned:

"There are quite a number of Tool-fans here at Starbreeze (especially myself). We tend to include homage's such as the one you mentioned when we produce art content. This particular case will however not make it into the final game in its current form due to pressure >from the copyright lawyers. We are not endorsed by Tool, and we have never asked them to endorse us.

We are simply fans that sometimes express our love for the band in our work.

All the best,

Jens Matthies

Art Director

Starbreeze Studios"

Now I'm curious to know what other references to TOOL they used, and in what game(s).

jevons
05-14-2007, 08:38 AM
darknesses!

savelints8
06-07-2007, 05:11 PM
That is cool. Sucks it won't make it into the final game.

imatoolhed
06-07-2007, 05:15 PM
funny.

weird not haha.

PoonTaco
07-03-2007, 05:02 PM
What, none of you ever played the Chronicles of Riddick.
It had quite a few Tool references.

PoonTaco
07-03-2007, 05:04 PM
The art director has worn a Tool shirt in every picture I've seen of him.