PDA

View Full Version : The Eggs of Satan

LoKi
11-19-2002, 03:08 AM
If i can remember correctly it was a recipie in german for # cookies with no eggs.

Bullet
11-19-2002, 03:11 AM
Wasn't it a russian wedding-something recipie?
......apparently with no eggs ;)

rickiep00h
11-19-2002, 09:55 AM
spanish recipe, sung in german, again, with no eggs.

Windowlicker
11-19-2002, 11:11 AM
Its a recipe for Hasjcookies

TrueBart
11-20-2002, 09:51 AM
It's a recipe for cookies with no eggs like Loki said, and in german.

evera
11-20-2002, 10:28 AM
it's a recipe for german tea cakes. maynard was talking about it in a interview. he mentioned (and being a language major i found this very interesting) the contrast between the german spoken and the italion. here you have a guy cussing them out in italian, but it sounds so nice, i you didn't know you'd never think that that's what was going on. but the first time i heard von satan, i swore they were ralling to go to war or something. this song is actually what got me into german. and now it's one of my majors. interesting language.
a friend of mine was comparing it to the lack of reproductive organs in the devil. which i guess makes sence. think about it. we can reproduce other humans, but satan can't reproduce himself only reflections. which is why he can creat the cookie, but can't really be any part of it. or something like that.

BNAD
11-21-2002, 11:02 AM
I let a german listen to it and sure enough, it's hash cookies. A big pun

BentEnvelope
11-21-2002, 01:44 PM
Has anyone read the CDNOW review of Aenima? The reviewer clearly didn't take the time to even figure out the words to this song. He/she merely heard the German words, saw Satan in the title, and assumed that Tool is promoting the worship of Satan.

No CDNOW, Tool does not follow the practices of Satan or Hitler, despite what you may want the rest of the world to think.

I just think this is a perfect example of how a lot of people misunderstand Tool, which is what I think they are trying to say through Die Eier Von Satan. So thanks to the band for showing everyone how words can easily be misinterpreted. Even CDNOW didn't get it. =P

This is my first post, just wanna say thanks for finally getting this section up.

Skate_03
11-25-2002, 08:11 AM
I kinda agree with Evera. If the person talking in MtHM didn't actually sound mad (and he didn't cuss "him" out in English too), you would think that the person and language sounded really nice. Then you have Die Eiere, and it sounds like a Nazi rally and everything, where it's actually just a recipe for hash cookies. If I had to find a meaning to these two songs, I'd say it was to not just look at the surface of things, things aren't always what they seem. Where one song has pianos playing in the background, and a person speaking a nice-sounding language, it's actually FULL of anger, where the other one sounds mean, but it's just a harmless cookie reciple.

soul_excursion
11-26-2002, 09:33 AM
i remember the same type of thing happening during the PMRC trials... some left wing nazi cow, i think it was tipper but i'm not sure, said that metallica's master of puppets was about satan worship because they scream 'master, master!!' anyone who even bothers to read the lyrics to it or even listen to in knows that it's about drugs and addictions, not satanism... if this song had come out 120 years before, some idiot would have thought it would be about slavery... i guess it all boils down to think for yourself, question authority, instead of letting the government and the churches and the schools and concerned parents deny rights your rights as a free thinking adult