PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone find it odd

Watching and mentioning
12-12-2006, 10:02 PM
That someone would want to listen to this song on their deathbed? Maybe I'm just crazy....

the midas touch
12-13-2006, 12:21 PM
That someone would want to listen to this song on their deathbed? Maybe I'm just crazy....

Who wanted to listen to this song on their deathbed?

harry_manback19
12-13-2006, 06:40 PM
dude this would be a great song to die to. Its so peaceful and sotthing and whenever i hear it i feel more relaxed. Plus, who wouldn't want to have the last thing they hear on earth to be a tool song?

XeuphoricXmindX
12-13-2006, 08:52 PM
dude this would be a great song to die to. Its so peaceful and sotthing and whenever i hear it i feel more relaxed. Plus, who wouldn't want to have the last thing they hear on earth to be a tool song?

i love you.

Watching and mentioning
12-14-2006, 10:15 AM
Who wanted to listen to this song on their deathbed?

Me?

the midas touch
12-14-2006, 05:59 PM
Me?

I think I'd rather die to Parbol(a) as it'd tell you that our death is not the end.
We are eternal all this pain is an illusion.

Watching and mentioning
12-15-2006, 12:09 PM
I think I'd rather die to Parbol(a) as it'd tell you that our death is not the end.
We are eternal all this pain is an illusion.

I see that as more of a lesson in life, and a reason not to be afraid to die. Disposition on the other hand is just so perfect that it would be a great transition to death. Parabol/a is really musically intense compared to Disposition. Everyone is different though. I'm sure someone out there wouldn't mind dying to the sound of Ticks and Leeches.

the midas touch
12-16-2006, 06:15 PM
I see that as more of a lesson in life, and a reason not to be afraid to die. Disposition on the other hand is just so perfect that it would be a great transition to death. Parabol/a is really musically intense compared to Disposition. Everyone is different though. I'm sure someone out there wouldn't mind dying to the sound of Ticks and Leeches.

If I were to die to Ticks and Leeches, it'd better be at the hands of some BDSM people who're psycho.

Mattywasaracecardriver
01-03-2007, 04:26 PM
dispositon shows me that its alright to be fixated by someone, and makes me feel alright to be hanging off the end of each word a certain person says, death is not a relevant issue dudes, feeling is thoughout life, not death.

resonance.
01-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Markus Guentner - Express Yourself

Kurtis Lowe
01-09-2007, 01:14 PM
Snow- Informer

mr. nikki jensen
01-10-2007, 02:56 AM
not at all. its a beautiful piece of music. i would those this myself along with some other songs.

HelenA
01-14-2007, 03:00 AM
This is a perfect song for anything.

Intolerable
01-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Tied with jimmy for my least favorite Tool song.

I just don't see it.

HelenA
01-18-2007, 10:50 PM
dispositon shows me that its alright to be fixated by someone, and makes me feel alright to be hanging off the end of each word a certain person says, death is not a relevant issue dudes, feeling is thoughout life, not death.

I have never ever thought of this song in this way. I probably have never been fixated with someone! Very interesting interpretation.

PShepherd11
01-19-2007, 06:47 PM
Plus, who wouldn't want to have the last thing they hear on earth to be a tool song?

My thoughts exactly.

I always felt this song went along the relationship theme that the album has. Whenever I listen to it, (when things are going well relationship-wise) I am reminded that it can and will change for the worse.

Mattywasaracecardriver
01-20-2007, 05:05 AM

I just don't see it.

firstly this song is blatently a song that u have to put some of your own thoughts, or emotions into to get back the full potential of the song. so maybe you just arnt approaching this song with the right attitude, because its one of my favourites.

and secondly jimmy, well, i dont even think ive got the ability to justify why that statement is so wrong. i know its ur opinion, but come on, how can someone not like it.

each to there own though tbh. so Peace

Mr. Electric Ocean
01-20-2007, 01:09 PM
i love both jimmy and disposition... both are very... soothing... and vibrant.. one more positive than the other (disposition)....

Gently
01-22-2007, 05:35 PM
this song takes me to my deathbed, with a smile.

Mattywasaracecardriver
01-22-2007, 06:43 PM
where the hell has this idea of the death bed come from, i mean im all for a tool song to be listened to on your death bed, but how did this song inspore that thought. ??

PShepherd11
01-22-2007, 06:59 PM
"Watch the weather change" might imply watching or experiencing the transition from being alive to dying.

Mattywasaracecardriver
01-22-2007, 07:12 PM
maybe.... but tbh theres not much linking wether with life and death. doesnt it seem to be suggesting that whole pathetic phallacy idea. suggesting a change in mood rather than a transition from being alive to dying.

PShepherd11
01-23-2007, 11:25 AM
That's how I took the meaning of the song originally, like a change in circumstances or mood. The original post gave me a whole new meaning to it though, so I think it could suggest that as well.

getthis
01-29-2007, 03:07 AM
listening to the music, i'm just having an intimate moment with a woman i'll never get with..and by intimate, i don't mean sex...

a beautiful, beautiful song...

Watching and mentioning
02-02-2007, 07:24 PM
For me this song is all about just taking a moment to take in all that is around you, and becoming one with it all. To me, that's the last feeling I would like to experience. A calm acceptance of everything around me and a reflection back on what has brought me to that point in my life. This song would bring me to peace as I die.

Harrymanfeet
03-01-2007, 11:16 PM
For me this song is all about just taking a moment to take in all that is around you, and becoming one with it all. To me, that's the last feeling I would like to experience. A calm acceptance of everything around me and a reflection back on what has brought me to that point in my life. This song would bring me to peace as I die.

You took exactly how I feel about this song and put into words. I couldn't have described it better.

something_Dark
03-01-2007, 11:27 PM

well if i was to die a slow boring death then yes, ide have this song on my ipod amongst many others. but that would only be if i couldn't move. if I could move ide want to be somewhere outside on shrooms!!

jevons
03-02-2007, 06:34 AM
A softer side: perhaps we are all right. Let's say all this observation/reflection on what's around you does it's job: destroys a current state wherin you were lost, returns oneness to a victim/victimiser of, say, a messy divorce, or any trauma. Would that old mood, that old you not be dead, in a Leary sense of the word?
What is death but a doorway?
What is change but death?
What is fear of death but a fear of change?

So it's a great song to die to, it's happened to me a thousand times already. But it's an even better song to begin living to. (aaaawwwwwwwww.)

This thread gives me a fuzzy feeling i haven't felt since... ēough.

OGT from back in the day
03-06-2007, 06:11 PM

I just don't see it.

disposition and jimmy are legendary songs

author of bible
03-24-2007, 01:31 AM
disposition is sooo comforting...
like the life of a small child....who wants to know everything and all he could do is to observe the way life goes on...
observing everything like a spectator..
unconcerned..and unaffected..

feels real great..

tryptosaur
04-18-2007, 01:00 PM
When I saw TOOL at Nassau Colliseum on Halloween, 2002 they played Reflection/Triad right into Disposition and then right into Lateralus.
It seems it doesn't matter where you are or where you're going. Just the fact that it's changing.
Hope for someone caught in a storm and consolation for someone about be hit by one.
A great song to take someone out of a bad trip. Even if that trip is simply life.
Yeah, I could see dying to this song.

*~*»¤«(Đispositioń)»¤«*~*
04-21-2007, 07:36 PM
I would absolutely listen to this song as my final song. This or No Quarter by Led Zeppelin. Idk if i can explain why i would like to die to No Quarter, it's just a song that has deep sentimental value to me and I could never understand why. The same for Disposition.

Drozz
04-21-2007, 08:21 PM
I would absolutely listen to this song as my final song. This or No Quarter by Led Zeppelin. Idk if i can explain why i would like to die to No Quarter, it's just a song that has deep sentimental value to me and I could never understand why. The same for Disposition.

your sn is out of control.

*~*»¤«(Đispositioń)»¤«*~*
04-21-2007, 11:11 PM
your sn is out of control.

Uhh whats an sn exactly?I'm obviously new here.

PShepherd11
04-22-2007, 05:25 AM
Your screen name is long.

Cheesegreater
04-22-2007, 09:27 AM
That it is... get it? SN?

I love this song. When I hear it... I really take it completely literally.

I imagine clouds slowly moving in the distance coming closer. As the breeze picks up I can hear leaves rustling somewhere in the distance. It looks like it might rain, but it's going to be a soft peaceful rain. The kind I can enjoy from the comfort of my front porch. And as the earth slowly moistens, her intoxicating natural flavors seep into the air so that I may breathe her in deeply and swell with a feeling of utter tranquility.

That's the way this song makes me feel. And I can only hope I leave this earth feeling that way.

ProfoundHaytred
05-26-2007, 06:46 AM
My own interpretation of disposition..
Maynard watching his mother die in her deathbed.
Simply put.

Eulogy33
05-29-2007, 05:10 PM
yea. i'd love to die to either parabol/disposition. that would be the perfect peaceful death.

tryptosaur
05-30-2007, 11:38 AM
I never really imagined that when I die there would be any music playing at all.
I've always kinda fancied getting struck by lightening, being consumed by a tornado, or being in a drunk-driving-yaght-collision with a freshly surfaced submarine-- or something to that effect.
I'd be really pissed though if someone within audible distance was blasting anything played on a banjo or especially a kazoo.
That is NOT the way I want to go.

Inner_Eulogy
06-25-2007, 11:07 AM
My thoughts exactly.

I always felt this song went along the relationship theme that the album has. Whenever I listen to it, (when things are going well relationship-wise) I am reminded that it can and will change for the worse.

That's awfully pessimistic...I think the song was meant to be positive

PShepherd11
06-25-2007, 11:16 AM
Yes, I used to think of it more positively. I am generally pessimistic, it helps to be prepared for the worst and be genuinely surprised when something good does happen.

uummm..nocoolnames
07-11-2007, 02:07 AM
when i hear this song, i remeber this one time when me and my friends were out in the country, and around 3 oclock in the morning, we went out to the road and just laid there talking. It felt like we could of spent the rrest of time out there

:(, now im sad the songs not on this computer.

Gęter
07-16-2007, 04:25 PM
That it is... get it? SN?

I love this song. When I hear it... I really take it completely literally.

I imagine clouds slowly moving in the distance coming closer. As the breeze picks up I can hear leaves rustling somewhere in the distance. It looks like it might rain, but it's going to be a soft peaceful rain. The kind I can enjoy from the comfort of my front porch. And as the earth slowly moistens, her intoxicating natural flavors seep into the air so that I may breathe her in deeply and swell with a feeling of utter tranquility.

That's the way this song makes me feel. And I can only hope I leave this earth feeling that way.

Nature is incredible. I feel it's at its most amazing when the weather is "adverse": observe the infinite beauty of a thunderstorm as it cools the air, blankets the land in subtle darkness, water starts to rain from above and lightning cracks the sky like glass. Most people can't see it, the common-man is so overconcerned with dicomforts or absurd fears related to storms, or simply ignorant because of the bs ratrace of life.
Perhaps this song ties the spiritual and euphoric ambience weather can create with the equally incredible facets and changes of human thought/emotion. Anyway, theres little more pleasant and euphoric than feeling the comfort of the cool air and seeing the spectacles of a thunder storm while listening to music like Tool, especially a song like Disposition. A true, easy, natural high.