PDA

View Full Version : Reading...helps...

7Stages
06-12-2003, 08:16 AM
Hey everyone,
I figured out what mantra (the sounds at least) are from, danny in his interview in MD(2001)
http://www.dannycarey.org/media/moderndrumm.html...and then go...read it on page 8) Quote(From danny Carey) :"The Tibetan monk sounds you hear on the record are just me growling through a tube. That was the inital sample, and then I overdubbed an Oberheim through a Vocoder." So all along it wasn't his "Cat", it was him. Also, play the 4x recording on the other persons post (Sorry i can't remember the name this minute...) And it sounds pretty human, but just through a tube. There yah go people. The meaning to this song? I think tool wanted it to be our own personal though, so it molds the record to our mind. I have alot of thoughts on what each song means but I won't go on writing...Bye.

revolver_7
06-12-2003, 08:26 AM
i am pretty sure he is talking about the song reflection (though in the article it says "resolution") buddy though you may be right but its all good.

Zargix
06-12-2003, 10:12 AM
Wasn't resolution gonna be the name of the complete totalness of Disposition/Reflection/Triad

fire engine
12-29-2003, 06:22 PM
no

Reading...the FAQ...helps...

clown137
01-02-2004, 02:54 PM
k im pretty sure you guys all are wrong (i could be wrong though). Im pretty sure its adams guitar, on the the 1st sting (biggest string) on anywere in the area of the 3rd-9th fret. with the effects of reverb, sustainer, his wah and and this spaced out effect i got on my pedal board, i dont no what kind of effect it is just called spaced, but it makes ur guitar sound like its being played underwater. Can anyother guitar players shed some light on the name of that effect?