PDA

View Full Version : full artwork view

WwWwW
12-05-2006, 03:28 AM
hey!

=D

so this is my view on the artwork for the 10,000 days album..

First of all, I'm pretty sure that the concept has its meaning aswell. You look through some glasses, and then suddenly you see eveything differently.

The CD itself is about those eyes looking at one point. They are not looking at the middle of the cd, they're looking at the light, where a hero is(judith marie) or where they want to go(be patient etc), I'm not sure.

The main theme is also based on the 10,000 days name. You can see many heads in different colors. Each head has four sides and countless eyes, so no matter where you are, they will see you. At the far end of all this is the light again, like on the CD. Notice how the place of the brains of those heads are light, they think about the light at the end, this is simular to the CD art. You can also see that the squares in the heads are purple colored, just like it is at the end. Maybe one could say at the end of the tunnel, but that seems kinda cliché imo.

about the pages. well, to be honest, I'm in the library now, so I don't have the album with me, but I'll try to talk about the pages in the right order. It would be nice if anyone could post the correct order so that I can edit my post later =)

page 1
duh, it's tool, I think the art doesn't mean anything here and if it does, then I'm far from understanding it.

page 2
same as page 1, I don't think the art means something. It could be about paradise, but I doubt it.

page 3
the one with the two blue eyes right? I think this page is just to make it somewhat clearer that the heads on the cover are enlightened, because on this page you'll see light on the place where the heads mind would be. These eyes are the same as those on the cover.

page 4
I think page 4 is the one with the skull and letters, well, I think it's a preview to the next page.

page 5
hey, it's the skull and letters again, on the right sideof the desk(for the viewer). You can see Danny surrounded by many things, and I'm simply too lazy to think of researching every single item. Neverzzzeless, I think the picture is simply about what Danny likes/does. Maybe he likes flowers? he likes to read books? and maybe he is interested in the supernatural(the weird white smoke thingie)?

page 6
page 6 is the blue-yellow one I hope. Well, on this page, you can see one of those heads again, this time covered with yellow and blue. Dunno why yellow and blue. You can see the lines going to its eyes and forming a spiral here. Adam does alot with eyes because they can mean so many things: to reach somewhere, to think about something, how you see things etc. Also, on the right side and left side of the head are two perfectly fitting skulls. I don't think this fitting means anything, it's a common type of art. But, notice how you can see an embryo in each of the skulls.

page 7
is the bird I think? Well I think this page is just a joke, because personally I got a headache while watching all those shapes. Like with the skull and letter on page 4, it is a preview to the next page...

page 8
...which is Justin standing in between some candles and he has the bird on his hand. Maybe he likes birds? maybe it refers to some lyrics? The candles could be about the death of Maynards mother. His cloths and cap are obviously there to make a joke about the stereotype englishman.

page 9
I'm really not sure, but I think this is the page with the skull and embryo(?). Well, the person of whom this skull is, is thinking about this embryo. I think it's not really about a child, I think it's about the instinct that I believe Maynard trusts most on. An embryo can't think, it's pure instinct.

page 10
huh? it's maynard.., but wasn't there a preview page to this one like with Danny and Justin? Yes there was, the skull+embryo was the previewing page to this one. Notice how the woman(maynards mother?) holds the skyscraper, which reflects the american society, but in the mirror, she holds maynards head, so superindirectly, via the mirror and a skull, she is holding and protecting the embryo(see previous page), the instinct. Even though she claims to love the American society, she really loves and cares about the pureness of people.
About maynard, like with Danny's picture, I'm too lazy to discribe everything, but he doesn't have any hair in the mirror. Maybe it means that there is no such thing as accesories or special things in "the mirror of pureness"(lol), maybe it's just because his head couldn't be held like that if he woul've had hair. The fact that Maynard's holding wine made me think that the pictures are about what the members like or do(Maynard makes wine). On the other hand, they don't make the pictures for fans or something like that, they make because they want to make art, so it's not supposed to be 100% clear, Most things do have a meaning, but we'll probably never understand everything, they make it for themselves.

page 11
ok back to the pages. I hope this is the page with the nasty looking bloody skulls and stuff... well, that page is a preview to the next page.

page 12
It's Adam sitting in a very cosy place. If my theory is right, this would mean that Adam is interested in things that other people might consider sick or insane. You can see a ghost which could mean he is interested in the supernatural/afterlife. Also, we all know that Adam loves animals, and you can see the remains of different animals around him. Maybe he thinks that eveything dies around him? or maybe not.. I don't really know

page 13
would be the flame thing(?) It's a body that looks abit like the laturalus body, and a spiral of flames, warmth, comes out of its so called fourth eye(I think it's the 7th chackra) and out of its heart. I don't think there's much to explain here, anyone will understand warmth coming out of heart and 7th chackra.

page 14
I think this is the one with the same body as the previous page, but with all the computer like animated things and the lines in the body's back. Ok I will never fully understand this unless I start studying acipuncture, but I won't, and I probably won't understand this picture anyways.

page 15
and we're back to the heads, thats the last page

so that's basicly my view on the album artwork, please post the correct order of pages if you can, thanks =)!

oh yeah, the band members are in alphabetical order, like always

<3

tomisatool
12-06-2006, 08:52 PM
what the hell?

You definitly said superindirectly.... and maybe, just maybe, the web of life and the pictures of maynard, danny, justin, and adam are just them being tool. Strange. No hidden secrets? Maybe...

TWENTY-THREE
12-07-2006, 09:00 PM
THE EYES OF GOD SEE ALL THINGS.

awaking
12-09-2006, 01:40 PM
the first picture can be explained right here...

there are severeal golden mean spirals in it and a bunch of 2's anirish trinity symbols.. kinda like the picture i posted ina thread on here called create your own album art.. which was back in Dec05.. oddly enough i called the album Synchronicity.. hmm http://myspace-377.vo.llnwd.net/01523/77/33/1523873377_l.jpg