PDA

View Full Version : Shock Value

ScarletRavenZer
11-27-2002, 11:29 AM
Stinkfist especially, followed by 4 degrees and a lot of jesus songs have a surface meaning that shocks and offends many people. This only requires them to do what the song says and "keep digging". I think the songs with the most meaning are those that have such a high shock value right away, so that people look into them more. Stinkfist especially, ok, somebody's fisting someone's ass, nice. But something that taboo definitely makes you think what its REALLY about.
Is it possible that some of their song's are about looking deeper into their songs?? I suggested that to my boyfriend and he practically killed me, so probably not.

hateandvaseline
11-28-2002, 12:42 PM
The song may come off a little bit shocking, I know. But what the band was aiming for when they wrote and recorded that wasn't necessarily shock value, but to expose the public's sensitivity to those kinds of things... or just to piss people off. Why someone would get pissed about that, I have no clue. MTV renamed the song "Track #1" because of the bizarre title. So, I guess it can be considered 'taboo' or whatever you want to call it.