PDA

View Full Version : Faap De Oiad + Lost Keys

draingauge
12-02-2006, 03:24 PM
Im sure this has been previously posted.

Who else beleives that 'Faap De Oiad' is the leadup to 'Lost Keys' ?

The way i see it is that the person on the phone in FaapDeOpiad loses consiousness at the end of the track (as per the 'zap' you hear) and then slowly gains consiousness at the beginning of 'Lost Keys' (depicted by the slow drone of adam's guitar)

Obviously he has been abducted and therefore has no personal details on him as stated in Lost Keys.

He then goes on to describe what happened to him in 'Rosetta Stoned'

Just very interesting i think.

Ideas?

mjkajdcjc
12-03-2006, 12:04 AM
What if "Disgustipated" led to "Eon Blue Apocalypse", which led to "Faap de Oiad", then to "Lost Keys", and finally to "Rosetta Stoned"? OMG GUYZ BRILLIANCE!!!!!

Khastra_KSC
12-04-2006, 06:24 PM
What if "Disgustipated" led to "Eon Blue Apocalypse", which led to "Faap de Oiad", then to "Lost Keys", and finally to "Rosetta Stoned"? OMG GUYZ BRILLIANCE!!!!!

Its more like Oiad (overload and shutdown) to Lipan (space between) to Lost Keys (regaining) to Rosetta (trying to explain all of this)

PShepherd11
12-04-2006, 07:47 PM
Im sure this has been previously posted.

Who else beleives that 'Faap De Oiad' is the leadup to 'Lost Keys' ?

The way i see it is that the person on the phone in FaapDeOpiad loses consiousness at the end of the track (as per the 'zap' you hear) and then slowly gains consiousness at the beginning of 'Lost Keys' (depicted by the slow drone of adam's guitar)

Obviously he has been abducted and therefore has no personal details on him as stated in Lost Keys.

He then goes on to describe what happened to him in 'Rosetta Stoned'

Just very interesting i think.

Ideas?

I'm surprised someone mentioned this...I made a compilation with Faaip De Oiad for the first track and then Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned right after. I thought they went well together. Good observation.

PShepherd11
12-04-2006, 07:50 PM

Your avatar is cute.

mjkajdcjc
12-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Your avatar is cute.

Yours, too.

WwWwW
12-05-2006, 03:50 AM

haha ^^

if you sum up all the seconds of all tool songs and divide them by 76,92 you'll get a number, and if you do +49,03 and then x 3 you'll get a number that's a bit simular to Maynard's Birthday!!11oneleven

but no really I think Lost Keys isn't connected to any other song... the voice in Faap the Oiad is the exact same as the voice in cesaro summability though, exept that it's somewhat understandable... but this is about Lost Keys... eerm...

fearisyouronlygod
01-30-2007, 10:32 PM
Start "Faiip de Oiad" at the same time as "Lost Keys." Placing it before works too since the "Faiip de Oiad," "Lost Keys," "Rosetta Stoned" track order seems to flow well together. But if you play "Faiip de Oiad" and "Lost Keys" at the same time "Faiip de Oiad" ends just as the nurse says "Excuse me..."

Just an observation.

So is the message in "Faiip de Oiad" part of the one that can't be remember in "Rosetta Stoned"?

benpink
02-10-2007, 12:20 PM
i really liked this. it makes sense chronologically & content wise -- aliens.
also faiip de Oiad is all drums and really chaotic and intense whereas lost keys is just pretty much adam playing the guitar calmly. i loved when faiip ended and all the chaos was gone and all that was left was calm guitar and the nurse's soothing voice. then the doc has him 'conjur' up all the memories of his trip...thus, 'rosetta stoned' is looking at the faiip de oiad experience in retrospect. of course, if faiip de oiad was from when he was actually tripping, his memory is sure off... but nonetheless, its two different sides of the same story for sure.

benpink
02-11-2007, 05:45 PM
^^
I made a copy of this all synced up. PM me if ur interested in hearing it

wearethestories
02-14-2007, 06:33 AM
I made a setlist of FAAIP, LOST KEYS, ROSETTA STONED, and VIGNTI TRES and I really like how they all sound together. It's quite eerie. And I have to say that I have never made a playlist before of someone's idea restructuring of TOOL songs, but this is the first one to make any sense at all to me.

Thanks.

thezeusanator
03-19-2007, 08:12 PM
I thought he lost his key's because he was tripping, hence blame hoffman, haven't you ever done that? and the aliens were just a part of the trip, not that it actually happened

There is no spoon
03-21-2007, 09:02 AM
I think that rosetta stoned is actually a prequel to 4 degrees.
I also think that part of me is referring to the future writing of Vicarious, which also turns out to be a prequel to 4 degrees.
I also think that 4 degrees is a prequel to 4 degrees, and that Adam is a NASCAR fan.

tali
07-29-2007, 02:36 PM
I think you can definately make a connection between "Faaip de Oiad." In fact, I posted in more detail in the "Faaip de Oiad" forum... shoulda looked here first.

paranormalgirl
07-29-2007, 03:42 PM
http://www.metatech.org/Art_Bell_Area_51_aliens_audio_tape.html

Orbit
12-01-2007, 03:44 PM
Thats a really cool observation about how if you start Faap de oiad and lost keys at the same time it ends as the nurse comes in. i listened to that like 5 times, and its really trippy, its like a journey between cd's and everything. really cool.

orangeisgoood
12-01-2007, 03:53 PM

ill listen to that now, and tell ya how it goes when im done. but ill fast fowars therough the crickets cause i dont feel like listining to that shit for what? 7 min?

p.s.- people at school think im crazy cause i showed people the cricket nise and said it was the best song ever and argued with them using as many big words i could when they objected. :D

orangeisgoood
12-03-2007, 09:09 PM
eh. kinda makes sense.

Rolo
12-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Excellent suggestion. But i don't "beleive" it.

Rolo
12-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Thats a really cool observation about how if you start Faap de oiad and lost keys at the same time it ends as the nurse comes in. i listened to that like 5 times, and its really trippy, its like a journey between cd's and everything. really cool.

I did that by playing Dillinger Escape Plan at the same time with Fantomas and all i got was a headache. lol