PDA

View Full Version : the pot?

theremin_scape
12-02-2006, 09:49 AM
"According to therockradio.com, the band will be shooting a video for The Pot over the holidays"

so what has adam been up to until this point and time? either they are slacking, or something that's quite big is in the works

hushypushy
12-02-2006, 10:00 AM
Maybe a Vicarious/The Pot two-parter, that's what I'm hoping for.

kyyuulle
12-02-2006, 10:18 AM
don't get your hopes up

Track 01
12-02-2006, 10:29 AM
I think Vicarious is going to be a live video or something like that or it will be just cancelled. The Pot should get the video because of its fame right now. Maybe they will release a two part video for any of the combinations of Wings/10K, Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned(they should do this one), or Intension/Right in Two. What do you think?

phylleb
12-03-2006, 07:39 AM
I think Vicarious is going to be a live video or something like that or it will be just cancelled. The Pot should get the video because of its fame right now. Maybe they will release a two part video for any of the combinations of Wings/10K, Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned(they should do this one), or Intension/Right in Two. What do you think?

they're getting old, so they need to start planning for retirement and will probably make the vid that will sell the most to cover raising health care costs. ha ha j/k

SoadTool
12-04-2006, 02:17 AM
tool have always kept themselves out of the limelight and i think a constantly played vid on music networks would put them in a position they don't want to be in. right now they're confortably happy in their nappies. without having to commit too much

Scarlett
12-06-2006, 09:49 AM
maybe there is some video but without a name? I heard that the pot is much more popular than vicarious in US so maybe this is the reason I don't know

NowisMytimE
12-06-2006, 10:48 PM
Maynard just wants money as always. There will be a Vicarious and The Pot DVDs FOR SALE, just like Schism/Parabola

chalk_line
12-10-2006, 11:00 AM
"over the holidays" definatley means xmas and new years !....(2009)

mjkajdcjc
12-10-2006, 04:31 PM
"Vicarious" will happen, obviously
"The Pot" should happen IMO
"10000 Days/Wings for Marie" not happening

o00mega00
12-12-2006, 07:53 PM
not happening, right...you're right. but it should happen. forget vicarious and the pot. do a dvd release video only for the wings.....that is what "SHOULD" happen.....although this is only my personal opinion. then again I am an arrogant selfish self-centered cynicist who only cares about the things that happen concerning myself and those things closely relating to me. so what do I know?

Mike$mith
12-14-2006, 09:25 AM
Hey, I want to see a full Video concept Movie to be released in Theatres and on DVD a week later. Plus a Vinyl release of Days. And a Live CD/DVD combo. And Action Figures. I want the works!!!! Shoot maybe even some TOOL pajamas so I can snuggle with them everynight. Awe so sweet. Ok. Maybe Im a little crazy.

Terry21
12-16-2006, 03:44 AM
We probably get a Vicarious radio-mix with 2 minutes cut out on an extra CD for 7,99. That's what I expect.

chalk_line
12-16-2006, 09:44 AM
We probably get a Vicarious radio-mix with 2 minutes cut out on an extra CD for 7,99. That's what I expect.

Honestly I still believe you're expecting too much

and 10.99)

theremin_scape
12-17-2006, 12:26 AM
"Vicarious" will happen, obviously
"The Pot" should happen IMO
"10000 Days/Wings for Marie" not happening
it'd be awesome if vicarious happened, but i doubt it. though i would love if it happened

Maynard just wants money as always. There will be a Vicarious and The Pot DVDs FOR SALE, just like Schism/Parabola
i'll buy it. i mean think about it: once maynard gets the money, his winery can get a nice little upgrade... oh yeah and i'll have an awesome little dvd. almost forgot about that dvd.

Within/Without
12-18-2006, 10:29 AM
A music video for "The Pot"? Well, it's an interesting turn of events but a new music video will be definitely a treat. Can't wait.

slamminsalmon
12-18-2006, 11:03 AM
well i just think its kind of ironic, releasing a video of vicarious. but you know they are a wacky crew

i just want a full video for the lateralus album

bgparanoid
12-20-2006, 01:57 PM
i like pot.

oualt-edu
12-23-2006, 12:52 PM
i would like to see the whole world die in the vicarious video, and as for the pot video i think something like the anti-maijuana clips where you will go crazy and kill everybody after you smoke the reef, maybe the two will be connected like that

Ænimic4six1
12-24-2006, 07:59 PM
well,maybe they just want (or Adam) just want the hype over The Pot to settle down,then release a good video.

y'know,Tool ain't about music videos for MTV. so there is no rush.

Khastra_KSC
12-26-2006, 08:42 AM
the band has called this their most progressive album. perhaps that is why the videos are taking so long...

mr. nikki jensen
12-27-2006, 01:11 PM
the band has called this their most progressive album. perhaps that is why the videos are taking so long...

this could be one of the reasons.

El Shaggy
12-27-2006, 05:27 PM
As long as the animation of Vicarious trumps the goofyness of Disturbed's "Land of Confusion." That video is lame.

I want to see live action in The Pot's video. I know its unlikely but maybe even some motion pictures of the band playing? Under psychadelic color combinations, extreme close-ups on instruments, abstract angles, etc. no, too traditional? sure would blow peoples minds though. The Pot seems like a video that would need more quick cuts that in the older Tool videos.

shorabali
12-28-2006, 10:14 AM
the pot seems like something , the band might actually appear in teh video for.

InertUniformity
12-30-2006, 08:23 PM
As long as the animation of Vicarious trumps the goofyness of Disturbed's "Land of Confusion." That video is lame.

I want to see live action in The Pot's video. I know its unlikely but maybe even some motion pictures of the band playing? Under psychadelic color combinations, extreme close-ups on instruments, abstract angles, etc. no, too traditional? sure would blow peoples minds though. The Pot seems like a video that would need more quick cuts that in the older Tool videos.

I agree that sounds pretty sweet but it will never happen. Does anyone else think its really about time they just show their god damn faces in a video? No one says that it has to be conventional - god forbid.

If you ask me I think its pretty clear that they are saving a lot of material for the legendary/infamous live DVD release - god knows when we will get that but i would be we will get it before the next album (if there is one). Remember the Alex Grey book?

I just have the feeling that this time next year we will be reluctantly listening to a new Puscifer album - scratching our heads over Danny's barely listenable side-project - and wondering collectively if Tool will ever release another album.

Confield
12-31-2006, 09:05 AM
The video for "The Pot" will be made mostly of what would have been the Vicarious video because Tool know it doesn't matter what their videos are about, Tool fans will find some connection and people will continue to say "0mG lol i LUV <3 T00L b/c there vids r soo creeeeeepy!". Tool will probably also film themselves playing the song this time, because they've decided to be more open and obviously they are more mainstream, what with the highly commercial setlists, "nu metal" guitar work, simplistic and repetitive vocals, verses consisting of simple singing over simple drumming with a bassline variation of the main riff, etc, etc, and many other "WTF"s that somehow managed to lower themselves to that, not coincedentally, are much more appealing to the casual blockhead.

They are lazy, lazy, old hacks and this video is just a rush job intended to elevate their current success with "The Pot".

ÆNIMA69
12-31-2006, 12:26 PM
i read an interview of tool in some guitar mag recently and maynard stated that he/the band had lost faith in humanity (worded somewhat differently im sure). i think that statement shows vividly in 10,000 days. thats not to say i dont love it...

but i do expect something beautifull from the next video

Bodhi
01-01-2007, 12:08 PM
A double-headed whammy bammy twozer mamberjammer with a little bit of fluxing in between!!! Jimmy Dean is the shit!

nihil scimus
01-11-2007, 03:25 AM
The video for "The Pot" will be made mostly of what would have been the Vicarious video because Tool know it doesn't matter what their videos are about, Tool fans will find some connection and people will continue to say "0mG lol i LUV <3 T00L b/c there vids r soo creeeeeepy!". Tool will probably also film themselves playing the song this time, because they've decided to be more open and obviously they are more mainstream, what with the highly commercial setlists, "nu metal" guitar work, simplistic and repetitive vocals, verses consisting of simple singing over simple drumming with a bassline variation of the main riff, etc, etc, and many other "WTF"s that somehow managed to lower themselves to that, not coincedentally, are much more appealing to the casual blockhead.

They are lazy, lazy, old hacks and this video is just a rush job intended to elevate their current success with "The Pot".

LOL @ U.

chalk_line
01-12-2007, 09:29 AM
i read an interview of tool in some guitar mag recently and maynard stated that he/the band had lost faith in humanity (worded somewhat differently im sure). i think that statement shows vividly in 10,000 days. thats not to say i dont love it...

but i do expect something beautifull from the next video

*scratches head*

huh?

Dross
01-12-2007, 05:54 PM
We need a video for the whole album. That would be the ultimate.

I don't think that's ever been done. If you count "The Wall".

I'm talking like movie quality stuff, like one long music video.

theremin_scape
01-13-2007, 02:14 PM
We need a video for the whole album. That would be the ultimate.

I don't think that's ever been done. If you count "The Wall".

I'm talking like movie quality stuff, like one long music video.

ever hear of tommy?

plexus
01-22-2007, 07:05 AM
ever hear of tommy?

tommy?
... tommy?
can you hear me?
.... tommy?....

and yeah... its been done before.
CKY has a video album for infiltrate. destroy. rebuild.
pretty amateur compared to tool videos.
but a video album none-the-less

goobermensch
01-22-2007, 08:28 PM
well i just think its kind of ironic, releasing a video of vicarious. but you know they are a wacky crew

i just want a full video for the lateralus album

dude.. trust me.. the vicarious video is going to FUCK with your head.. cuz you'll be watching it on the bloody TV.. so there..

anyway.. i dont know if you're much into this stuff. but if you want a lateralus video.. sync up the album to the movie Pi.. they're both the same length.. and roughly about similar things..

i watched that movie, and all i could think about was lateralus!.. so i synced it the same night with some amazing results.. i wont ruin it for you enjoy!

hushypushy
01-22-2007, 08:35 PM
I will try that. If it sucks though, I'll be upset...

Just like 10,000 Days and Æon Flux, a few good moments, not worth it overall.

ufopancakes
01-23-2007, 05:37 AM
I've just learned to expect the unexpected. As I've told myself long before 10,000 days came out... if you expect ANYTHING, you'll be dissapointed. If you keep an open mind, you will be pleased.

Although I did hear something about George Dubyah hitting a bog exclusivly for this video. I cannot confirm or deny that information.

slamminsalmon
01-23-2007, 05:53 AM
dude.. trust me.. the vicarious video is going to FUCK with your head.. cuz you'll be watching it on the bloody TV.. so there..
Exactly!

anyway.. i dont know if you're much into this stuff. but if you want a lateralus video.. sync up the album to the movie Pi.. they're both the same length.. and roughly about similar things..

i watched that movie, and all i could think about was lateralus!.. so i synced it the same night with some amazing results.. i wont ruin it for you enjoy!

sounds like an idea, ive never seen pi, but i will definitely give it a whirl

HookerWithADick
01-24-2007, 01:55 PM
I think that Jambi might make a better video.

parabolaus
01-25-2007, 10:15 PM
I dont understand, what was that vicarious video I saw on Google Video, probably some fake, right?

I would like to see a video of The Pot or Right In Two.

Apocalypse2moro
02-04-2007, 11:43 PM
Yeah it's not theirs. Kinda nice though. I like the cartoon for The Pot.

<FUTANT>
02-06-2007, 12:36 AM
I think that Jambi might make a better video.

Harrymanfeet
02-11-2007, 11:38 PM
I think "Vicarious" and "Jambi" would be the best, personally I got sick of "the pot" before it started getting constant radio play. It's definitely my least favorite track of 10K Days.

kaiowas_is
03-08-2007, 07:48 PM
rosetta stoned/lost keys would make a good video i reckon. But i have been hearing about the pot lately. I thought vicarious was in the making long before the pot rumours even started.

Dirty_doris
03-14-2007, 03:39 PM
tool have always kept themselves out of the limelight and i think a constantly played vid on music networks would put them in a position they don't want to be in. right now they're confortably happy in their nappies. without having to commit too much

How can you say this when they have released a number of videos? Schism was played to death on T.V. so I don't think this is that much of an issue these days. Also they have said in a few interview lately that they are opening up to slightly more exposure now because they are SO well known that its not that easy to hide any more. Im not saying that they will turn into pop idles but it's just I don't think they are holding back video's for that reason.

I think that they may be holding back their videos from T.V. release because that 1st video for Vicarious was not accepted so they will release it with some sort of DVD maybe Live/Video combo so Tool fans will be able to enjoy it while not having to censor the videos for T.V. which they are obviously against.

Chronicle0
03-19-2007, 11:37 AM
First vicarious not accepted? source? explaination?

Opiate Son
03-30-2007, 09:23 AM

Why is this always dumped on Maynard? You assume too much.

jevons
03-30-2007, 09:48 AM
There will be a video before the tour starts, and if it's not out, it'll be done. Tool are dicks, they fuck, with us, most of the time.

It's not that they hate us, it's just that if we're not drooling for something, it might taste less than perfect.

I have seen a straving man eat 1000 island dressing sandwiches for a week. He would have creamed his pants for a piece of bologna.

Think about it.

Opiate Son
03-30-2007, 09:57 AM
There will be a video before the tour starts, and if it's not out, it'll be done. Tool are dicks, they fuck, with us, most of the time.

It's not that they hate us, it's just that if we're not drooling for something, it might taste less than perfect.

I have seen a straving man eat 1000 island dressing sandwiches for a week. He would have creamed his pants for a piece of bologna.

Think about it.

I've done A LOT of things for a piece of bologna, creaming pants being only one of them.

Seriously, i agree with your theory of making the fans drool, i guess i'm just hoping that they are planning something bigger.

lachrymoIogy
04-02-2007, 11:12 PM
"perfection" is the reason this is taking so long. not to mention that they have been completely submersed in this tour since the albums release. we'll see. just try and execute patience, and good things will come eventually. have they ever let us down?

cheers.

phylleb
04-03-2007, 03:57 AM
kabir thinks he is funny, you know that post yesterday about danny having surgery again is an april fool's joke. if it wasn't then i am sure there would be more buzz around the rock industry, nice try jack ass.

phylleb
04-04-2007, 06:17 AM
told yeah. no follow up post concerning anything from the band about delaying or cancelling tour, what a douch!!

Opiate Son
04-04-2007, 09:58 AM
kabir thinks he is funny, you know that post yesterday about danny having surgery again is an april fool's joke. if it wasn't then i am sure there would be more buzz around the rock industry, nice try jack ass.

The only way they are ever going to get us on April 1st again is to post something big that's actually true, no one would believe it.