PDA

View Full Version : Rosetta Angst

slamminsalmon
12-01-2006, 07:41 AM
This came to me recently....

Rosetta Stoned to me, is the anger, and frustration that people get, including the band members, when they cant hold onto, or share the enlightenment induced by mind altering drugs.

Also i feel the resentment towards people who use these mind altering drugs lightly.

I definitely hear third eye boiling behind the scenes of most of the longer solo's, i cant really explain that, im not really a musician. On that note, the band also shows just how amazing they can layer and progress into multiple climax'. They seem to do it effortlessly. I feel thats them showing the enlightenment they have reached, as musicians, performers, and just average music enthusiasts like the rest of us.

With the idea of the many steps of a drug induced trip, and enlightenment in mind. The song seems to make alot of sense to me. While tripping you close your eyes, and your mind is filled with geometric shapes and patterns, you could never remember! Thoughts of pure perfection fill your mind. But you cant bring them back with you.

Doesnt that make you angery?