PDA

View Full Version : arizona bay

æonblue
11-27-2002, 10:27 AM
(-) ions is about the positive effect the flushing of L.A. into the pacific will have on the world. I'm sure you've all heard the (-) ions have a positive effect on people. The thing I find interesting that no one has seemed to have picked up is that the title looks negative. You see the title (-) ions without any previous knowlege of what they are, you think it's a negative thing. This applies to the meaning. The sinking of L.A. will look bad and horrible in everyone's eyes and the economy will crumble, but it will have a positive effect on people. You bill hicks fans should notice that the sounds in (-) ions sound distinctly familiar. The buzzing/electrical sound can be heard for a few seconds on the track "L.A. Falls" on hicks' album Arizona Bay, a phrase tool uses in Ænema, a song that appears to be about the sinking of L.A. What a coincidence...

hateandvaseline
11-28-2002, 02:16 PM
Correction, NEGATIVE (-)ions have a good effect on humans. Try reading the faq. POSITIVE ions have negative effect on humans

=P

æonblue
11-28-2002, 06:28 PM
umm... I fucking say that in my post. I've read the faq several times and read a danny interview about it, so I'm quite knowledgable about it. I said the flushing of L.A. into the ocean will LOOK NEGATIVE (like the title), but will BE POSITIVE.

back to the herd moron...

Kostia
11-28-2002, 10:25 PM
Don't get upset because he misquoted you. You just made yourself look like a snob.

moonburn
12-01-2002, 08:59 PM
the flushing out of l.a. symbolizes to me the flushing out of crystalized behaviors and accepted modes of being... Maynard is using L.A. as a symbol.. though it might actually fall into the ocean the reason for it's demise would be solely geological.. ok so - ions is what i think happens in the aftermath of a massive flushing of modes of being... kind of chaotic... the song has a kind of eerie calm to it though..

Metatron's Cube
12-17-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by hateandvaseline
Correction, NEGATIVE (-)ions have a good effect on humans. Try reading the faq. POSITIVE ions have negative effect on humans

=P

Positive ions have a negative effect on people? Thats strange, because you cannot contract a muscle without the flow of Ca2+ ions, nor send a nerve impulse with positive potassium ions. You have positive ions, and negative ions in every cell of your body. The FAQ is dead wrong about this. To say positive, or negative ions are good, or bad for you, is wrong. Depending on which elements ion you are talking about, and what part of your body that ion is IN, either could be true. This a gross over simplification of chemisty, and its time people stopped quoting it and changed the FAQ.

æonblue
12-23-2002, 06:52 AM
sorry if I came across as a snob. I'm just fucking around. I just felt like quoting hicks. I'm a sarcastic person, and I guess it doesn't come across so well through the medium of typed words. Please don't take everything I say seriously

eek
12-29-2002, 03:11 AM
Well put, Metatron's Cube.

It is generally agreed that the presence of negative ions in air such as before storms and near waterfalls causes humans to experience a feeling of wellbeing.

Right?

Cofmatic
10-19-2003, 07:44 PM
Positive ions have a negative effect on people? Thats strange, because you cannot contract a muscle without the flow of Ca2+ ions, nor send a nerve impulse with positive potassium ions. You have positive ions, and negative ions in every cell of your body. The FAQ is dead wrong about this. To say positive, or negative ions are good, or bad for you, is wrong. Depending on which elements ion you are talking about, and what part of your body that ion is IN, either could be true. This a gross over simplification of chemisty, and its time people stopped quoting it and changed the FAQ.

Good call, Cube. Your Body needs to run a system called Na+K+ATPase pumping in and out positive ions to every one of your cells. The human body, along with all other higher organisms use about 1/3 of thier total energy consumption to run this process.
Why dont you all think for yourselfs or do your own research instead of trusting a faq that you know nothing about. I am not trying to be elitest, but anyone who listens to an online published fact and takes that as dogma, especially those who frequeent this site and have listened to music whose message is independant thinking, are being a little hypocritical.

AllforUnity
10-23-2003, 11:19 AM
Why do you have to read up on the "faq" of things? l learned all about this in the 9th grade...

l=a=t=e=r=a=l=u=s
10-28-2003, 11:08 AM
these (-) ions in the track surely arent to do with the body right? yes, there are the ions we learn about in school, but the song refers to a ions in terms of some 'invisible' energy, for which there is no evidence yet that doesnt make it exempt from belief. like 'jesus', or 'karma' or 'outer space'- there is no 'hard evidence' for these things but they are still valid beliefs, right?
just because you CANT see something doesnt mean its not there.... catch my drift?