PDA

View Full Version : meaning?

æonblue
11-27-2002, 10:15 AM
Pushit is about religion and false beliefs, which ties into my Ænima = evolution idea (believe in nothing...). See my stinkfist post for a better idea. Anyway, it's like this, he's this guy and he's in love with this thing (idea/belief), but it treats him like shit, and pushes him into "the gap." "The gap" is like a metaphor for like a state of mind or some altered consciousness or something that he hates being in, but the way this thing treats him forces him into it. It's like, when he sees "the gap," he realizes that this belief or whatever of his is mistreating him and he hates being there because he still wants to believe. Now, after the "I'd trade it all for just a little piece of mind" part, which is like he'd trade away this relationship with this idea to be able to think for himself again. Here's where my "music being as important to the meaning as lyrics" idea comes into play: When the music slows down, this is like the descent into "the gap." And then he's at the bottom of the gap when he's saying, "Seeing someplace I don't wanna see" etc. Then Adam's raging guitar is like a catapult that springs him from the gap, except now, he's left his weakness and fear that kept him in this relationship all along down there. Now, this time, it's "managed to push myself away and you, as well, my dear" because he's breaking away from the stranglehold it has had on him and he pushes it away. The "if when I say I might fade like a sigh if a stay..." part is kinda like saying he warned himself that this belief is ultimately going to be his demise, so this is how it has to be. Then his yelling, "there's no love in fear" is basically saying that he can't show love and compassion when he's afraid, and his belief is keeping him in fear. "Staring down the hole again..." part is him looking down on the gap again (searching his mind trying to make sure he's making the right decision) and he knows that this is what's best for him (survival is his only friend). "Remember I will always love you as I claw your fucking throat away” is like saying "I will keep its ideas and philosophies in mind, but has to kill his belief in it so he can live and, ultimately, evolve. Think back to his statement about Jesus, Budha, Krishna, Mohommed, etc. having really good ideas, but their agents got in the way and fucked everything up. That's basically what that line is saying; "Think, don't believe."

ShackledEidolon
11-27-2002, 10:58 AM
I can buy this it could very well be a dedication to the almost agnostic mode of thinking...searching for a new way. Questioning the "truth" that was once beyond questions. Saying I will not believe in this simply for fear of Hell. I will not believe because it is safe. If I am to believe then it will be because it IS TRUE not because it is what is expected. I will tear its throat out if it proves to be weak and false. I will do the same to any other belief until I find one that does not have such vulnerability. If I stumble upon the truth then it will not be from fear and it will not fall apart at the slightest touch. Truth should be able to withstand anything that we can throw at it...afterall if it is the truth it should be immune to our attacks (not because it avoids the blow as most circlical arguments do but by taking the hit directly without damage)

pink gentile
11-29-2002, 02:35 PM
i really like your idea, even if i dont agree with a few points. it gives me something to think about.

thank you