PDA

View Full Version : Chief Black Kettle ?

EnjoyingAnApple
11-27-2006, 04:38 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Kettle

Sorry if posted before...

magicbus
11-28-2006, 04:19 PM
Could that tie into Lipan Conjuring somehow? Although that says he was part of the Cheyenne tribe, but yea, you could be onto something.

Headphones
02-04-2007, 05:58 PM
You must have been high? I don't see a connection there.....

orcaloverbri9
02-04-2007, 10:31 PM
You must have been high? I don't see a connection there.....
Any chance the meaning of the name "The Pot" completely went over your head?

The Pot calling the kettle black. There was a Native American chief named Black Kettle. Lipan Conjuring is a (fake) Native American chant. Not the same tribe, but the possible connection is pretty reasonable.

Inner_Eulogy
02-06-2007, 11:02 AM

The Pot calling the kettle black. There was a Native American chief named Black Kettle. Lipan Conjuring is a (fake) Native American chant. Not the same tribe, but the possible connection is pretty reasonable.

I can see where he's coming from but it's so obviously just a random coincidence

Headphones
02-06-2007, 01:32 PM

No, there is no chance.

Then explain "piss all over my Black Kettle", if you would.

Inner_Eulogy
02-06-2007, 02:11 PM
No, there is no chance.

Then explain "piss all over my Black Kettle", if you would.

Dude, it's a figure of speech "the pot calling the kettle black". You're trying to make something out of nothing here. Ok, so you found out there was an native american indian named Black Kettle....CO-IN-CI-DENCE. There was probably a chief Lightning Foot too, that DOESN'T mean he invented the fucking light bulb. Doesn't make sense does it? EXACTLY

Oh, and it's metaphorical when he says "pissed all over my black kettle", just another way of saying "the pot calling the kettle black". If he's refering to "his kettle" as his ideals or ethnic background or whatever it may be...then he's saying the person/people are calling him black..pissing on me for being who I am or thinking the way I think