PDA

View Full Version : 23-Islaam connection

Metta Synth
11-26-2006, 12:26 PM
I had to post this little tidbit of info because it's one of the strangest moments of synchronicity that I've ever experienced before...right now I'm at work at a radio station (babysitting a computer) and I've just spent about an hour reading over the interpretations of viginti tres...

So I find it very strange that when I decided to take my attention off the internet for once and read a book on the Five Pillars Of Islaam given to me by my neighbor, that on page 15, it is mentioned that the Holy Qur'aan was revelaed over a period of 23 years. This section of the book is talking about the "Books of Allah." Basically the idea is that Allah has always been and always will be, and that his teachings have been given to many prophets throughout the years. The Old Testament was given to Moses, the Pslams were given to David, and the New Testament was given to Jesus. It also mentions all the other books from the Bible given to random names I don't understand...but the thing that all these books have in common, except for the Qur'aan, is that they were revelaed to their prophets all at once...The Qur'aan was revealed over a period of 23 years...

One could make the connection with ascisco being latin for receiving something, (which is the opinion I most agree with) and the fact that the sound of the voice sounds like some sort of divine being, that perhaps Judith Marie has finally met her maker, but it is in fact Allah, the one and only god.

p.s. I am not Muslim, and everything I put in their is based off a book that in my opinion is deeply interesting and in a way important in my spiritual journey to reach compassion for all living things...each religion can offer another piece of the metaphysical jigsaw puzzle, as long as you don't take it too seriously or manipulate people through their ideas...It's too bad such a peaceful and practical religion like Islaam is given a bad reputation by INSANE people who FLY PLANES into BUILDINGS...

anyway, I thought this was very interesting, especially after reading posts for so long, and to pick up a book and find the number 23 in such a significant and relative context to the viginti tres enigma.

mjkajdcjc
11-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Damn. That's actually very possible. Cool find...

tomisatool
12-09-2006, 02:27 PM
This album does seem to have some sort of divine power basing.

fearisyouronlygod
01-30-2007, 09:59 PM
I came across this thread and happened to have a copy of the Qur'an next to me so out of curiosity I took a look at Sura 23. It is entitled "The Believers." It has to do with following the word of God as given to the line of prophets. The beginning says believers are "successful" ("blessed" in my translation), later it gives a warning to those who don't follow his revelations. Could this be the "message of hope for those who choose to hear it and a warning for those who do not" that is referred to in Rosetta Stoned? Check it out online:

http://one-islam.org/quran/quran_0230.htm

swampyfool
01-31-2007, 10:39 AM
Could this be the "message of hope for those who choose to hear it and a warning for those who do not" that is referred to in Rosetta Stoned?

Hi.

No.

fearisyouronlygod
01-31-2007, 01:22 PM
Hi, it was just a curious connection he made above. I'm not Muslim so I don't actually know the meaning of all that. There definitely is some divine being stuff in 10,000 Days and the incident described in Rosetta Stoned sounds just like a modern version of Muhammad receiving his message in the mountains. Jambi (a province 98% Muslim ig that matters) mentions the king's mountain view and the sultan. Maybe that Sura isn't directly alluded to, but there are some definite connections with Islam and the chosen messenger (like not graduating from fucking high school since Muhammad was supposed to be illiterate). Something to think about I guess rather than just toss it aside.

swampyfool
01-31-2007, 02:11 PM
Hi, it was just a curious connection he made above. I'm not Muslim so I don't actually know the meaning of all that. There definitely is some divine being stuff in 10,000 Days and the incident described in Rosetta Stoned sounds just like a modern version of Muhammad receiving his message in the mountains. Jambi (a province 98% Muslim ig that matters) mentions the king's mountain view and the sultan. Maybe that Sura isn't directly alluded to, but there are some definite connections with Islam and the chosen messenger (like not graduating from fucking high school since Muhammad was supposed to be illiterate). Something to think about I guess rather than just toss it aside.

Blah, blah . . .

Muhammad is not the only prophet to have had a vision in circumstances that could be construed as similar to Rosetta Stoned. However, the very implication that Muhammad may have, in any way, forgotten his pen is such a ridiculous blasphemy in the eyes of the Muslim faith. You're really just delving too deeply at this point.

fearisyouronlygod
01-31-2007, 03:02 PM
I was just elaborating on Metta Synth's connections, take it as you like. Anyway, Muhammad had no pen, he was told to recite. Others wrote it down.

Cheesegreater
02-10-2007, 09:27 PM
I was just elaborating on Metta Synth's connections, take it as you like. Anyway, Muhammad had no pen, he was told to recite. Others wrote it down.

Good point