PDA

View Full Version : album art, take a look

psilomind
06-08-2003, 12:26 PM
This a something I made very recently for my band. I like it, and you should too. Observe:

http://www.morphedmedia.com/tdn/view.php?id=031909PM.jpg

Any comments?

plexus
06-08-2003, 12:45 PM
cool... but it would be cooler with more texture on the man and the bones... just a thought... nice composition though

psilomind
06-08-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by plexus
cool... but it would be cooler with more texture on the man and the bones... just a thought... nice composition though

Yeah, I agree on that, but I'm lazy and texturing is a pain in the ass. It also looks a lot better on my computer because I have 1024x768 resolution on. Maybe I should've resized it first.

Oblive
06-08-2003, 01:52 PM
looks sweet

tip of advice
there needs to be something to focus on..everything just kinda sits there...
maybe you could brighten the man a bit...or the text

ry.
06-09-2003, 07:54 AM
i love it, its awesome, i dont think there needs to be anymore focus, there is strong graphic vector running from top to the man and then the name.

ghostdog22
06-09-2003, 11:27 AM
where the less gray imaging is on the head, you could break it just a little, like a crack. you can make it white with a black semi-circle at the larger part of the crack, the spirals could join this pupil. bloody wings look tight.

psilomind
06-10-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by ghostdog22
where the less gray imaging is on the head, you could break it just a little, like a crack. you can make it white with a black semi-circle at the larger part of the crack, the spirals could join this pupil. bloody wings look tight.

You must be misinterpreting this one a bit. Its meant to be uplifting rather than depressing, thus the wings. The person in the picture is also supposed to look more humble than hurt in any way.

4th Eye
06-10-2003, 12:41 PM
I like it. I think that man and text there are enough to focus on...but it looks quite depressing to me...

plexus
06-10-2003, 01:17 PM
it does look depressing.... the person looks more submissive to me... the colors make it more depressing too... the wings dont really help make it seem uplifting to me either... next to the bones it looks like it represents fallen angels or something.... thats just what i got from it

random_spiral
06-11-2003, 04:16 AM
does look kinda depressing, almost gothic