PDA

View Full Version : hehehehahahaha

rickiep00h
11-19-2002, 02:40 AM
The ultimate in telephonic, technological rage.

The thudding instruments pound away impatiently, counting up one "thud" with every repatition of the count, up to thirty, and then repeating the whole pattern again.

Not only is this a outcry of the red tape our society has molded into its framework, it is a mockery of both technology and common sense.

With "for instructions in Latvian" and "Igpay Atinlay," it shows how useless some of the choices one is given in such a situation are. The rigamarole of finding form BD-28, filling it out, bringing it DOWN to the COURTHOUSE you are CALLING, and THEN calling BACK to get the answer you want heightens the feeling of beaurocratic idiocy.

Then, the poke at technology: "The system is waiting for a touch tone response." BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

BEEPBEEPBEEP

BEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Still nothing. Is it so hard to get a real operator on the other end? Must be.

But the REAL capper is at the end, which is also the beginning. "If, by the end of this message, your question has NOT been answered, please stay on the line, and an operator will assit you." (not word for word)

Does the "narrator" get that help? Of course not. He's told to call back during business hours. Apparently the LAMC line is stupid and deceptive. Just like some of our leaders.

Hence, society slides further down the cosmic toilet.

Kostia
12-01-2002, 06:03 PM
Yeah, but pessimism isn't the same as realism. You aren't helping anyone by saying we're all going to hell without really deviating from that point. It sounds more like you're pushing down a common humanity to put yourself above it, at least in your eyes.

NegativeIons
12-08-2002, 11:39 PM
I thought the track was about futility, rather than some "society going down the toilet" social commentary.

You could also attribute LAMC to all the choices one has nowadays; Pig Latin, Latvian, Secret Spy Phones, Rotary Phones...weather they're stupid, tedious, or irrelavent...you still have choices.

That's or it's just the band's intense hatred of Los Angeles.

OpiAtE_666
12-22-2002, 11:52 PM
I think its just supposed to be funny.

LazyE462
12-24-2002, 09:45 AM
quite possibly the funniest thing ive ever seen on an album. I guess its about how our government gives us the run around. But yeah, funny as hell

Big_D
01-06-2003, 01:46 PM
Kind of reminds me of calling technical support.

Well, I do agree that it makes fun of the deceptiveness of government. With so many new legislations used to keep the average person from getting his/her voice heard, that it is almost futile to try. Although, I do think that "LAMC" is more of an attempt of Tool to be silly and lighthearted and make fun of automated response systems.

Convoy_X
02-02-2003, 07:09 AM
I have tis calling card and when i call with it i go through a long set on menues and options all in english then at the end of it all it asks if i want english or spanish.....