PDA

View Full Version : Mind

Him
11-08-2006, 07:52 PM
I picked up on something while listening to TOOL. They really scream the word "Mind".

H. '... and will die, it's alright, I don't mind, I don't MIND ...'
Pushit '... but I'd trade it all for just a little peace of MIND ...'
The Pot '... you musta been out your MIND ...'

I'm sure there is more. The fact that it is screamed the same way in each of the songs seems to suggest that it means something, maybe like 'use your mind' or something along those lines. I don't know if this has been picked up already..

Hindu
11-11-2006, 07:58 AM
I picked up on something while listening to TOOL. They really scream the word "Mind".

H. '... and will die, it's alright, I don't mind, I don't MIND ...'
Pushit '... but I'd trade it all for just a little peace of MIND ...'
The Pot '... you musta been out your MIND ...'

I'm sure there is more. The fact that it is screamed the same way in each of the songs seems to suggest that it means something, maybe like 'use your mind' or something along those lines. I don't know if this has been picked up already..

you will come to find that we are all one mind.. capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.. <--- not screamed but I see your point.

Elepherious
11-12-2006, 05:08 PM
you will come to find that we are all one mind.. capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.. <--- not screamed but I see your point.

on a side note, we TooL fans are all intelectual, or demi-intelectual people,. most of us just like to pretend were smart, or use big words to try and push the fact that we're very bright, in line with that, yes there are 'hidden' messages in tool's music, alot of it is simply interpretation, and reading between the lines, most of it is simply made up by the fans, TooL fans have a inbred gene that atributes most of thier thought process to really focusing in on inane shit and making a huge huge deal about it, just look through the boards a bit more.

(after reading over it, this isnt an attack on you mate, its just a fact, it really is amazing what kind of crap people come up with here. yours on the other hand is valid. there is alot of tool lyrics that focus on the mind and the use or lack of. )

Elepherious
11-12-2006, 05:08 PM
and iam sure maynard gets a kick out of all the crap he reads here if he does,

Hindu
11-13-2006, 02:30 AM

To me, the worse feeling in the world, is listening to a song for over 10 years, having all these ideas to what the song means, and then the truth of the matter is Maynard is sitting back lauging at you because you are so off target, it's completely hillarious to him.

I bet we actually have no clue what a lot of these songs are about. The only one we can really be certain of is Wings 1 and 2. That HAS to be about his mother. But I mean, every other song.... who knows right?

fretforyourfigure462
12-16-2006, 10:22 PM
Wow...never really thought of that. Way to use your head about that stuff...

rembrandt_q_einstein
01-17-2007, 01:41 PM

i can almost surely say that maynard does not read any of this.