PDA

View Full Version : the song is simply about maynard...

new millenium cyanide christ
11-08-2006, 06:25 PM
everyone keeps talking bout aliens, drugs, some dude trippin by area 51 etc etc....

like most of tools songs, it is about maynard....

the line "overwhelmed as one would be placed in my position, such a heavy burden now to be the one born to bear and read to all the details of our ending, to write it down for all the world to see..."

simply, its about maynard who for years now has been preaching about the end (ie aenema) to all of us, and we just sit back and listen to his words not really understanding how heartfelt it really is............

tool has even said before this was released that this record is sort of a giving up on humanity....hope is lost and maynard is coming to that realization....

iAMtheMA!
11-08-2006, 07:14 PM
related to "passive" by a perfect circle?

ShadowLine
11-12-2006, 01:43 PM
everyone keeps talking bout aliens, drugs, some dude trippin by area 51 etc etc....

the line "overwhelmed as one would be placed in my position, such a heavy burden now to be the one born to bear and read to all the details of our ending, to write it down for all the world to see..."

simply, its about maynard who for years now has been preaching about the end (ie aenema) to all of us, and we just sit back and listen to his words not really understanding how heartfelt it really is............

tool has even said before this was released that this record is sort of a giving up on humanity....hope is lost and maynard is coming to that realization....

yes but why does the line, 'but i forgot my pen' follow it refers to the message that the aliens gave him. by the way the aliens i think refer to hgher conciousness beings. and the message is simply - there is one god we are all connected and the sooner we remember the sooner we can develop conciousness and entert the 3rd dimension (of conciousness)

chris
x

Stone
11-20-2006, 10:11 AM

I'd have to agree with what you said, especially after seeing them performing this song live, two nights ago.

They played the song in a different way, leaving some parts out or extending some others, Maynard sang the line "I can't breathe right now!" over and over again at some point, and seeing him do so in his gas mask, gave me a whole new meaning to this song.

One other possibility might be to show us what psychedelic drugs can do to a person and a persons mind.

MORNING_GLORY
11-20-2006, 10:44 AM

Enough of the generalizing... what about all those fans who really do understand and get the bigger picture? I'd say theres a good amount out there... its probably not as few as you'd think...

And if this song is really about Maynard just saying "I've been trying to tell you all these years" wouldn't that kind of make him a dick for assuming they know the answer and we're dumb for not listening?
I really don't think this song is about Tool at all... I think you're missing the bigger picture.

Solaris
11-30-2006, 11:02 AM
I don't think it's about Maynard. I know that the songs by Tool could be interpreted in several ways, but I'm sure many of you would agree that Aenema is the only Tool song that has something to do with the end of the world (in a cleansing, renewing way, not a destructive). So Maynard hasn't told us all the details of our ending over all the years.

And here are some questions to ShadowLine: Are you talking about Rosetta Stoned? The interpretation you explained would better fit to Reflection, in my opinion. And why do you think he's talking about ONE GOD? Maynard doesn't like religion very much (remember Opiate).

ShadowLine
11-30-2006, 02:00 PM
solaris, everything they sing about, alchemy, fower of life, east mysticism is all tied in to there bring one god, ther IS one god, and i belive maynard believes that. i hate religion too, but the things i hate about religion (and so for maynard too_ is the fact ther mostly based on fear, not love and the fact that they were set up to control the masses and make money.

chris
x

Laugh
12-02-2006, 04:21 AM
A little off topic but worth addressing your "ONE GOD" perspective in relation to tool.
There is no such thing as unity. Unity is a lie of reason. As soon as an observer enters the equation you have duality. If there was only ONE in reality there would be NONE. ALL or NONE, or in Thelemic terms AL or NUN. Tool are strong disciples of Thelema and is self evident in their myriad of imagery utilized at shows and in albums. Thelema has an equation that counters the unity lie. 0=2. Taoism expresses this universal formula as 0=+1-1 whereby the Great TAO is ZERO and is comprehended through dualistic terms. When you realize you are the great Tao manifest, God dissappears because God is just a perspective, and God has no God. I'm sure that if the tool members have attained cosmic consciousness then they are atheists like the rest of us or utilize God forms as projected aggregates of cosciousness that are used for convenience rather than objects of adoration.

ShadowLine
12-02-2006, 05:22 AM
the whole 'ONE GOD' thing i mention is related to the fact that we are all one, there is the same spirit runnng through us. in the begging there was spirit in the void, who through progection of conciousness created life. i use the term god loosly as it does not relate to religion, but what i simply mean is we are all one, we are all connected, and through the use of mer-ka-ba, we can truly realise this and enter a state of higher being.

i know i didnt present my case clearly, sorry for that.

chris
x

p.s. for ppl thinking rosetta stoned doesnt mean anything, look at the live visuals, flower of life, temples in egypt etc.

mjkajdcjc
12-03-2006, 12:06 AM
Great, another "all about Maynard guyz" thread.

yay...

justfar1086
12-03-2006, 12:25 PM
Yea, i dont believe that bullshit about it being about a friend of the band who experienced it, they said that with sober too

BrAinOfJ
12-03-2006, 08:17 PM
I reckon, and its only my opinion, that this song doesnt really have a deeper meaning than whats laid out in its lyrics. I know tool are a little famous for complex themes hidden behind their lyrics, but there are a few songs in there line up that lay it out pretty much as it sounds.
They way i read it/hear it, the song tell's a story of a typical foil hat wearer who is chosen, then told the plan for humanity, and forgets it. Maybe i've missed the point entirely, but i see this song as a bit of fun. A few, if not all the members of the band like this kind of area 51 consipracy stuff, and i believe its a funny story about a possible what if situation... What if a guy was selected, told what to do, told the most important information ever about humanity and perhaps the meaning of life and the future of every soul, and then he forgets it, perhaps cause he's a bit of a dead beat....

Inner_Eulogy
12-06-2006, 11:04 AM
I'd have to agree with what you said, especially after seeing them performing this song live, two nights ago.

They played the song in a different way, leaving some parts out or extending some others, Maynard sang the line "I can't breathe right now!" over and over again at some point, and seeing him do so in his gas mask, gave me a whole new meaning to this song.

One other possibility might be to show us what psychedelic drugs can do to a person and a persons mind.

To the guy that started this thread--> The song is NOT about Maynard, this has been clearly stated already that it is somebody he knows. And YES, it is quite possible for him to speak in 1st person about someone other than himself if trying to relay the other's perspective into the experience. And to note the message above mine here, when I saw them live here in Chicago and from what I've read in some of the concert reviews leading up to it; during Aenima he changed a part of the lyrics and repeated the line 4x I believe it was "FUCK all you junkies and FUCK your short memory". This being said, I'm quite sure Maynard has grown out of his days of drug experimentation by now and has been for some time. Anyone who knows anything about the subject knows he has admitted to experimenting with them during his lifetime but was never one to really abuse it. I believe he doesn't diss people who may use a psychadelic upon a blue moon but cannot stand the dead head hippies who just get fucked up to get fucked up all the time and don't even see the true value or opportunity you can take away from such an experience. Well, that's my interpretation and I'm sticking to it.

12-06-2006, 11:52 AM
I think you're missing the bigger picture.

and that would be....?

well, it's cool some pple agree with me and others do not....everyones entitled to their own opinions......

12-06-2006, 11:53 AM
the whole 'ONE GOD' thing i mention is related to the fact that we are all one, there is the same spirit runnng through us. in the begging there was spirit in the void, who through progection of conciousness created life. i use the term god loosly as it does not relate to religion, but what i simply mean is we are all one, we are all connected, and through the use of mer-ka-ba, we can truly realise this and enter a state of higher being.

chris
x

p.s. for ppl thinking rosetta stoned doesnt mean anything, look at the live visuals, flower of life, temples in egypt etc.

chris, i've read both books by drunvalo..."the ancient secret of the flower of life", and i am an avid drawer of sacred geometry, so yes, i totally see what you are talking about.............................

ps - have you actually done mer-ka-ba meditations???

i have not, it seems almost impossible to do.................

ShadowLine
12-10-2006, 01:15 PM
Enough of the generalizing... what about all those fans who really do understand and get the bigger picture? I'd say theres a good amount out there... its probably not as few as you'd think...

And if this song is really about Maynard just saying "I've been trying to tell you all these years" wouldn't that kind of make him a dick for assuming they know the answer and we're dumb for not listening?
I really don't think this song is about Tool at all... I think you're missing the bigger picture.

i totally agree with you. you cant just generalise everything.

chris
x

ShadowLine
12-10-2006, 01:17 PM
chris, i've read both books by drunvalo..."the ancient secret of the flower of life", and i am an avid drawer of sacred geometry, so yes, i totally see what you are talking about.............................

ps - have you actually done mer-ka-ba meditations???

i have not, it seems almost impossible to do.................

no i havent tried it yet, i am going to attend a live seminar thing, where they teach you personally, so i will report after that, its in early january.

chris
x

MORNING_GLORY
12-10-2006, 02:03 PM
I don't believe this song is meant to be super-deep, that way the "dead-heads" similar to the one in the song can relate. But this song is not meaningless... its not just for fun... it does has a message and a purpose (which is, of course, for you to decide)...

but what I get from it is this:

If you're going to experiement with drugs... have some kind of reference as to what you're doing. You can't just take a bunch of drugs, go sit in the desert and think about a concept as silly as the "chosen people thingy"... because thats what you'll get (and it really is in his head). You can either let your subconscious take over, and make it about you... when on psychedelics you realize there is no such thing as individuality, so the idea of the "chosen one" is absurd. Or, you can do it right, and go exploring, and bring back some real ideas that may actually benefit humanity.

futant55
12-11-2006, 01:31 PM
no i havent tried it yet, i am going to attend a live seminar thing, where they teach you personally, so i will report after that, its in early january.

chris
x

good luck

OUTATIME
12-11-2006, 07:26 PM
It is called writing in the first person. No one will know if it is an experience that Maynard, or any other member of the band experienced unless it is actually said in an interview. It is also very possible that they know someone who was Rosetta Stoned. Another possibility is it was completely made up.

You can not say that an interpretation of a Tool song is in fact what they mean.

the midas touch
12-11-2006, 08:28 PM
This song is 11:11 long, right?
I'm not saying anything, but I'm just saying...

ok, 10,000 days is 27 years and 4 or 5 months

she died june 18th 2003

that goes back to around December of 1975 or January of 1976 as when she got sick.

Maynard was born on April 17, 1964

Maynard turned 11 on April 17, 1975 and was 11 til April 1976.

So it fits.

It's tough to disregard the significance of 11 in all of Tool's works.

mokarran
12-12-2006, 08:23 PM
I don't think MJK was referring to himself as 'The One'...I think that is a position that perhaps some among his fans have inadvertently tried to put him into. Some of us seem to look upon this guy as some kind of mythical guru, to lead us...somewhere. I don't think he wants to lead anyone anywhere. I think he has no intention of doing so. I know that I don't particularly want to be led by anyone. It has always probably been more or less acknowledging that Tool is simply a way, not THE way and finding your own truths for yourself, as surely Tool has and will continue to do, and then doing something positive with whatever it is one may find within themselves after 'doing the work.'

Nothing more. Nothing less.

He seems to be concentrating much more on this 'messianic' role in the lyrics to this song more than the 'abduction' itself.

The first post is the best theory I've read so far on the possible meaning of this song, and it ties into Intension very well in my mind.

seneca77
12-13-2006, 03:46 PM
this song is based on a Bill Hicks skit

ShadowLine
12-14-2006, 11:07 AM
^^ yea like flaming stealth bannana from arizona bay, picture this if you will another hicks quote. there may be more i dont know.

chris
x

Lebowski Urban Achiever
12-19-2006, 06:38 PM
I reckon, and its only my opinion, that this song doesnt really have a deeper meaning than whats laid out in its lyrics. I know tool are a little famous for complex themes hidden behind their lyrics, but there are a few songs in there line up that lay it out pretty much as it sounds.
They way i read it/hear it, the song tell's a story of a typical foil hat wearer who is chosen, then told the plan for humanity, and forgets it. Maybe i've missed the point entirely, but i see this song as a bit of fun. A few, if not all the members of the band like this kind of area 51 consipracy stuff, and i believe its a funny story about a possible what if situation... What if a guy was selected, told what to do, told the most important information ever about humanity and perhaps the meaning of life and the future of every soul, and then he forgets it, perhaps cause he's a bit of a dead beat....

Kudos. I couldn't agree more. I hate to over-scrutinize interpretations, but I whole-heartedly believe that this song is meant to be fun; something that people can listen to and whisper under their breath, "jesus, could you imagine...?"

januscomplex
12-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Like most TOOL songs, you have to peel away the layers.
There isn't just one meaning.
That is what making art is all about guys.
You'd be surprised how being a little vague or convoluted can make people infer all kinds of meanings upon what they see and hear.
In essence you are all right.
As the title Rosetta Stoned implies, I approach this song as kind of a puzzle.
I came to all the same conclusions that you guys came to, but then realized that as much as I thought I could be right it really doesnt matter in the end.
Do I know MJK? No.
Does it really matter to me how each of his songs applies specifically to his personal life?
Not really.
I love figuring these songs out too. It's all part of the fun, but at the end of the day find your own meaning.

"Don't Know, Won't know!" ... right in front of your faces. :P

Terry21
12-20-2006, 11:22 AM
I think it's just a funny story.

ShadowLine
12-22-2006, 07:37 PM
anyone see rihard hammond on johnathon ross on friday? well forthoses of you who do't know he was in a coma and when he woke the doctors told him he had lost keys syndrome. i am off to research it.

chris
x

Solaris
12-23-2006, 03:33 AM

chris
x

the live visuals don't show temples in ancient egypt. What is shown are pyramids, the tombs of old pharaohs. I think this is
1. A reference to the rosetta stone, which is a relic from ancient egypt. It's a stone that shows the same text in three different languages and was used to decode the ancient egypt hieroglyph language.
2. Some people believe the pyramids were built with the help of aliens. So the pyramids are also a reference to the content of the song.

Aunt Acid
12-29-2006, 02:18 PM
According to the newsletter it happened to their friend Dave, NOT Maynard.

Solaris
12-30-2006, 02:19 PM
Isn't Dave just a random name they used for this song?

What is the terrible secret one of the songs of the new album is talking about?

A OR ET TESTS ON D

What is the D standing for?

DAVE

Which kind of car does Dave drive?

VAN

Sounds like fun to me. They're just joking.

ShadowLine
01-03-2007, 11:41 AM
the live visuals don't show temples in ancient egypt. What is shown are pyramids, the tombs of old pharaohs. I think this is
1. A reference to the rosetta stone, which is a relic from ancient egypt. It's a stone that shows the same text in three different languages and was used to decode the ancient egypt hieroglyph language.
2. Some people believe the pyramids were built with the help of aliens. So the pyramids are also a reference to the content of the song.

well.
1. they also show temples
2. yes pyramids were built be beings of higher conciousness (aliens) please read the ancient secret of the flower of life for more subject matter on this topic.

chris
x

Inner_Eulogy
01-03-2007, 06:57 PM
According to the newsletter it happened to their friend Dave, NOT Maynard.

That's what I tried to say earlier...they have already established it was NOT about Maynard

Inner_Eulogy
01-03-2007, 07:00 PM
Isn't Dave just a random name they used for this song?

What is the terrible secret one of the songs of the new album is talking about?

A OR ET TESTS ON D

What is the D standing for?

DAVE

Which kind of car does Dave drive?

VAN

Sounds like fun to me. They're just joking.

<sigh> No dood, you rearrange the letters and it spells Rosetta Stoned. It's not hard to figured that out...the D is what stoneD ends is....."christ man, some people should just drop all things and move into the bayou or something"

stevejols
01-16-2007, 11:42 AM
I don't believe this song is meant to be super-deep, that way the "dead-heads" similar to the one in the song can relate. But this song is not meaningless... its not just for fun... it does has a message and a purpose (which is, of course, for you to decide)...

but what I get from it is this:

If you're going to experiement with drugs... have some kind of reference as to what you're doing. You can't just take a bunch of drugs, go sit in the desert and think about a concept as silly as the "chosen people thingy"... because thats what you'll get (and it really is in his head). You can either let your subconscious take over, and make it about you... when on psychedelics you realize there is no such thing as individuality, so the idea of the "chosen one" is absurd. Or, you can do it right, and go exploring, and bring back some real ideas that may actually benefit humanity.

COOL thats what I think. I try to draw when I do it. That way i can see what i drew and it feels a little rewarding. And I never lose my pen. I used to play guitar but I never recorded so i forget 80% of the riffs I made up making it just as productive as normal practice. I need a recorder

hobblegobble
01-16-2007, 03:28 PM
hey..can I join the "I know everything" club too?

ShadowLine
01-16-2007, 05:20 PM
hey..can I join the "I know everything" club too?

no because if you too knew everything, you would know that you dont need to ask.

chris
x

+++++Darth+++++
01-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Tool has already said in an interview that the song is about the irresponsible way people use drugs to try to expand their minds.

Even with all that said, the song to me is about how something like that could happen to someone and no one would ever believe him/her.

I mean the modern day Jesus wouldn't have a huge following...he would be locked up!

iAMtheMA!
01-16-2007, 07:58 PM
dude, jus' check out the fol teachings -> one of the many significant influences of tool's entire career. i hate spouting this over and over, but you'll appreciate their music even more (as hard as it may seem); it's kinda like that much-needed kick in the balls to humble your preconceptions (but take those preconceptions with you, too - they're still important). ummmmm ...and i'd much rather communicate an educated guess (against the rest).

???

whatever.

hobblegobble
01-17-2007, 08:44 AM
thanks Shadow..thanks A LOT

JAF
01-18-2007, 07:09 AM
Here's my timeline of what Rosetta Stoned is to me...

Someone gets captured/abducted by aliens--->aliens tell him how the world will end or some other monumental event--->person abducted forgets his pen and therefore cannot remember what 'it' is they told him--->people assume he is crazy and find what he says to be nothing to take seriously.....

Maybe it's some statement that we can't honestly discredit things people say just because their 'crazy,' we cannot comprehend the full boundries of our existence?

P.S. I got some pretty accurate lyrics for this song at http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/tool/rosettastoned.html
For the most part, the Tool lyrics found here aren't far off

ShadowLine
01-19-2007, 12:08 AM
thanks Shadow..thanks A LOT

that is fine, welcome.

chris
x

Inner_Eulogy
01-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Here's my timeline of what Rosetta Stoned is to me...

Someone gets captured/abducted by aliens--->aliens tell him how the world will end or some other monumental event--->person abducted forgets his pen and therefore cannot remember what 'it' is they told him--->people assume he is crazy and find what he says to be nothing to take seriously.....

Maybe it's some statement that we can't honestly discredit things people say just because their 'crazy,' we cannot comprehend the full boundries of our existence?

P.S. I got some pretty accurate lyrics for this song at http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/tool/rosettastoned.html
For the most part, the Tool lyrics found here aren't far off

Orrr...perhaps you could just look in the lyrics section here to see the EXACT lyrics since the "official lyrics" were posted months ago. That might be logical.

hobblegobble
01-19-2007, 03:54 PM
C'mon Jaf, get with the program buddy! If you don't know everything, you aint nothin, right Inner Eulogy?

Inner_Eulogy
01-22-2007, 06:01 PM
C'mon Jaf, get with the program buddy! If you don't know everything, you aint nothin, right Inner Eulogy?

Whatever you noob.....fucking stupid ass name guy that seems to just follow me into every thread just to say some dumbass irrelevant shit

hobblegobble
01-23-2007, 07:37 AM
hahahaha...I just follow you around cause I love to watch people who think they actually know shit make a fool out of themselves by trying to make other people look stupid..like you...you're hilarious buddy...I love going to Tool concerts and see people like you...wearing your little Tool shirt...making an ass out of yourself...smoking cigarettes because you think it makes you look awesome...acting like a jackass because you think unless you act like a jackass and run around cussing and doing whatever it is you jackasses do...you aint a real "tool" fan...I love following you around Inner...I admit it...because sometimes...I just need a real good laugh

Inner_Eulogy
01-23-2007, 11:18 AM
hahahaha...I just follow you around cause I love to watch people who think they actually know shit make a fool out of themselves by trying to make other people look stupid..like you...you're hilarious buddy...I love going to Tool concerts and see people like you...wearing your little Tool shirt...making an ass out of yourself...smoking cigarettes because you think it makes you look awesome...acting like a jackass because you think unless you act like a jackass and run around cussing and doing whatever it is you jackasses do...you aint a real "tool" fan...I love following you around Inner...I admit it...because sometimes...I just need a real good laugh

Well that response just goes to show how little you know of me. Yes, I can be a sarcastic ass but, only to people I find that lack slightest bit of common sense and intelligence. I don't smoke, and I don't wear Tool t-shirts to a concert. I don't think I know it all but, I'm better informed and have a level head on myself. I could care less about what makes me look "cool". I'm too old to give a shit what propaganda you're on, or any other little label whores say. I'm a cynic...so what

iAMtheMA!
01-23-2007, 09:06 PM
hobble, follow me. (no, wait, let's get back on topic)

benjamin
01-23-2007, 10:10 PM
A little off topic but worth addressing your "ONE GOD" perspective in relation to tool.
There is no such thing as unity. Unity is a lie of reason. As soon as an observer enters the equation you have duality. If there was only ONE in reality there would be NONE. ALL or NONE, or in Thelemic terms AL or NUN. Tool are strong disciples of Thelema and is self evident in their myriad of imagery utilized at shows and in albums. Thelema has an equation that counters the unity lie. 0=2. Taoism expresses this universal formula as 0=+1-1 whereby the Great TAO is ZERO and is comprehended through dualistic terms. When you realize you are the great Tao manifest, God dissappears because God is just a perspective, and God has no God. I'm sure that if the tool members have attained cosmic consciousness then they are atheists like the rest of us or utilize God forms as projected aggregates of cosciousness that are used for convenience rather than objects of adoration.

Fucking great. This thread could've/should've ended right here.

I love Laugh.

Peace

ShadowLine
01-24-2007, 01:36 PM
Fucking great. This thread could've/should've ended right here.

I love Laugh.

Peace

well i couldv ended right there, but thats not how it works, it's supposed to be both sides of their respective arguments. Oh and i do not use god in a christian sense, more as a metaphor for what i mean which is 'god' is the single flowing of light and conciousness through everybody so yes in a way you are right when you say 'god' doesnt exist, but he does. i tried to use words that ppl could relate to.

with much love as always.
chris
x

hobblegobble
01-25-2007, 03:44 PM
existant or non existant...it's still a theory...

hobblegobble
01-25-2007, 03:45 PM
the only thing you can have "faith" in is the possibility...

Airport Mesa
01-26-2007, 11:20 AM
I didn't think any song on 10,000 Days was sung from maynard's, or any band member for that matter, perspective

hobblegobble
01-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Could be true...the problem is..is people always want to relate it to an experience of Maynard or Adams, etc etc etc...I don't know why...I think a lot of Tool's music is very general and just kind of a "take it as you will, and if you can relate that's cool" thing. People here think i'm an ass, but the problem is is that people here make an ass out of themselves by TRYING to relate to or TRYING to understand EVERY Tool song they hear....its ridiculous...just relax and enjoy..that's what I say...

]v[edusa
01-26-2007, 07:41 PM

uuuhhh. crowley believed in hermetism. he was in the hermetic order of the golden dawn (which they believe "ALL is ONE") and crowley believed he was a reincarnation of eliphas lévi (whom made a huge impact on the hermetric order of the golden dawn). hermeticism is based on the teachings of hermes trismegistus (thoth). "there exists in hermetic writings a religious zeal and passion, concluding with a sense of complete union with God". i believe thelema is an extension of hermetic philosophy and has beliefs in gnosticism. hermetic kabbalah is popular within the OTO.

according to gnostic beliefs their God (universal spirit/consciousness within us and around us) sent a saviour to separate the mixture of physical matter and divine light (create duality) to serve as an example for the individual soul to follow in its quest to return to the world of light (unity). this gives people free will. an example one of these saviours is lucifer (not satan)... according to drunvalo lucifer allows the possibilties of transcending duality and entering the oneness within god (unity consciousness). osiris is a good example of someone who was in the dualistic reality that "put the peices together" to become unified.

"hermeticists wanted to make the world transparent towards God. The hermetic way led to initiation in the divine mystery, to knowledge of God, to God himself as the source of being."

im sorry i brought that off topic

machineGUNmouth
02-10-2007, 09:54 AM

Im with you on this one. I believe that this is just a story Maynard created because he thought it would be amusing. Anyone who reads their newsletters can realize that they are all fascinated with the alien/area 51 conspiracies. Why not create the ultimate situation that anyone of those foil hat wearing hippies hope for , an actual encounter. And not only does E.T. speak to this character, he reveals to him the meaning of life and how it all fucking ends. But this asshole, fuck up, high school drop out is too fried to remember the most important information anyone could ever be told. Shit the bed. Sounds entertaining to me.

ShadowLine
02-11-2007, 06:30 PM
well im obviously not going to win this one against laugh whilst he has no intention of conversing with us. BUT what i will say is this you say unity is a lie created by reason, well i can say with proof (if wanted) that duality IS a lie here's a quick preview:

dualistic view: black and white

my view and those who firmly root themselves in the true reality: black white and grey.

more?:

male and female

male female and child (a foetus forms both sexual organs in early development)

hot and cold

hot cold and luke warm/tepid

chris
x

benjamin
02-13-2007, 12:55 AM
I'm soo glad vedusa iamthema! and S.L. are around. Saves my fingers from bleeding, and frontal lobe from aching lol... Before these guys appear on a thread, you have to be wary of the intellectual run-on-sentance ramblegraph. My own posts included, these guys are keeping us all honest. lol, I've done more "bone-up" reading in the past few months, than I had in the past several years, just to not sound like a moron.

The following is meant for entertainment purposes only. I will be attempting to coorilate the lyrics of R.S. w/ the basic timeline of TOOLs history using sircumstancial and colaborative evidence that may or may not need to be thought of with a certain degree of "artistic interpretation". Please feel free to disagree w/ me(as if you didn't alraedy)...

1st verse: "...Krispy Kremes ...area 51 ...need to know pose ...contemplating ..." then something rocks his whole existance. ie: Maybe this guy, in his 'stocks, @ the base is symbolism fo the guys moving to Cali, from the mid-west, to be amung more like-minded folks and all. Then, he/they are blown away by what they come to epiphanize from there new point of view.
2nd verse: "....X-Files being ...reeking breath gaping jjaw ...pissed my fuckin pants..." ie:at first he's overwhelmed by the magnitude of his perception. Maybe the X file being is symolising his marXist embacing. Pissing himself would be my meto-link to creation of Opiate
Chorus: "Light ...apparition ...fuck me ...blotter, E.T. ..." ie: Second thoughts on that enlightenment path you've chosen.?..
3rd verse: "calming ...fetal slices ...revealed ...the one ...message and a warning ..." drop out. ie: this isn't soo bad. I can wrap my head around thisHOLYSHIT! I have to do what? Expain this to EVERYONE!? Fetal position and orange slices may be visualization for Undertows graphic lyrics, and likely drug usage? Then he realizes what must come next, the "message/warning" ...AEnema.
The next 2 verses represent the next album
Verse: "you'd better listen. Then he looked right through me(Stinkfist) w/ somniferous... don't even know what that means, must remember(46&2) to write it down. It was so real(Eulogy) like the time Dave floated away(Jimmy) my heart is pounding(H) this shit never happens to me

Inner_Eulogy
02-13-2007, 10:12 AM
I'm soo glad vedusa iamthema! and S.L. are around. Saves my fingers from bleeding, and frontal lobe from aching lol... Before these guys appear on a thread, you have to be wary of the intellectual run-on-sentance ramblegraph. My own posts included, these guys are keeping us all honest. lol, I've done more "bone-up" reading in the past few months, than I had in the past several years, just to not sound like a moron.

The following is meant for entertainment purposes only. I will be attempting to coorilate the lyrics of R.S. w/ the basic timeline of TOOLs history using sircumstancial and colaborative evidence that may or may not need to be thought of with a certain degree of "artistic interpretation". Please feel free to disagree w/ me(as if you didn't alraedy)...

1st verse: "...Krispy Kremes ...area 51 ...need to know pose ...contemplating ..." then something rocks his whole existance. ie: Maybe this guy, in his 'stocks, @ the base is symbolism fo the guys moving to Cali, from the mid-west, to be amung more like-minded folks and all. Then, he/they are blown away by what they come to epiphanize from there new point of view.
2nd verse: "....X-Files being ...reeking breath gaping jjaw ...pissed my fuckin pants..." ie:at first he's overwhelmed by the magnitude of his perception. Maybe the X file being is symolising his marXist embacing. Pissing himself would be my meto-link to creation of Opiate
Chorus: "Light ...apparition ...fuck me ...blotter, E.T. ..." ie: Second thoughts on that enlightenment path you've chosen.?..
3rd verse: "calming ...fetal slices ...revealed ...the one ...message and a warning ..." drop out. ie: this isn't soo bad. I can wrap my head around thisHOLYSHIT! I have to do what? Expain this to EVERYONE!? Fetal position and orange slices may be visualization for Undertows graphic lyrics, and likely drug usage? Then he realizes what must come next, the "message/warning" ...AEnema.
Verse: "you'd better listen. Then he looked right through me(Stinkfist) w/ somniferous... don't even know what that means, must remember(46&2) to write it down. It was so real(Eulogy) like the time Dave floated away(Jimmy) my heart is pounding(H) this shit never happens to me

Huh? <shrug> Try that again when you're sober.

hobblegobble
02-13-2007, 11:06 AM
the hell was that?

ShadowLine
02-13-2007, 02:33 PM

nice to feel appreciated. i kinda see where you're going but i would like a better explanation cos it's hard to see you point clearly

chris
x

benjamin
02-14-2007, 11:13 PM
Uhm.... lol, I've done more "bone-up" reading in the past few months, than I had in the past several years, just to not sound like a moron.
AND....

.The following is meant for entertainment purposes only.

Sorry.

benjamin
02-14-2007, 11:29 PM
Huh? <shrug> Try that again when you're sober.

The sober thing just ain't gonna happen man. But, if you count all the hormones, antibiotics, artificial "super"aditives, Gen-modifiesd shit, ...uh anti histamines, vaccinations, antivirals, non-homeopathic "DRUGS" drugs. I might be the only sober one here...

Peace.

]v[edusa
02-15-2007, 09:36 PM

sweet. thanks. and im happy that the 3 of you are here too.... its a "coincidence" that you included 3 FOL readers to your list. and just call me medusa or drea.

with love,
drea

Creature Core7
02-24-2007, 08:23 AM

I'm leaning in this direction as well.

codyrichardsonsucksxxx
02-27-2007, 08:44 AM
See, this is where you’re wrong.

Cody Richardson says that the song is about his boyfriend and himself having a lovely picnic in the park on a cool April day. The blanket soft as it was washed less than 20 minutes ago. They soon became enthralled with the fact that they were totally into each other and soon began to daze into each other’s eyes with excitement. At this moment Cody realized he was homosexual.

The end.

codyrichardsonsucksxxx
02-27-2007, 09:45 AM
this song that you apparent noobs have reffered to as simply about maynard is obviously the greatest music piece of the 18th century romance era (just following the baroque era). This esquite work of art shall be forever embedded in the hearts of millions of tool fans and non tool fans but music appreciaters around the world. this song is truly the sweet, sweet, nectar of the gods. One of the highlights of this piece takes place during the clash of the two worlds completely uniting both styles from both east and west shalom. Together these powers united to form what will forever be remembered as the most magificant style to ever take breath in this free world of ours we call America.
In response to a previous post, no this song is does not breach the gates of hell on its way to eternal damnation but only begins to revolve around the truly this man, known as cody richardson, has with his boyfriend ( lets call him mark for the time being). Throughout the contect and lyrics of this song, it is apparent that there shall be a sequal/remix/part II, this is apparent because of the ending where he discovers his love for "Mark" and wraps it up with them gazing into the seas of forever in each others deep blue nocturnal loving peace filled eyes.
This is where i shall end this thread for now, please leave me something to come back to, or if you have any questions on song interpretation please post them and i will respond to you quickly to you with youir answer.

Love,
Toolnavy.com staff and senior columnist

codyrichardsonsucksxxx
02-27-2007, 07:29 PM
oh come on. you have nothing to say to that?!?!?!?!?!? fucking noobs!

Inner_Eulogy
02-28-2007, 10:51 AM
oh come on. you have nothing to say to that?!?!?!?!?!? fucking noobs!

Apparently you're the noob here...Mr. 5 posts starting just this month

hobblegobble
02-28-2007, 12:02 PM
this place is a black hole of death

codyrichardsonsucksxxx
02-28-2007, 12:10 PM
Apparently you're the noob here...Mr. 5 posts starting just this month

okay, mr. 559 posts! and its MRS. 5 posts....asshole.

hobblegobble
02-28-2007, 12:13 PM
cody..i've formed an Anti-Inner club...apparantly he's the biggest prick on the block..wanna join?

hobblegobble
02-28-2007, 12:14 PM
well not apparantly..he is...

codyrichardsonsucksxxx
02-28-2007, 12:23 PM
i would love to join your club! when/where do we meet?! haha.

take that, inner!

muahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah you suck.

hobblegobble
02-28-2007, 12:25 PM
Seriously, he's a poor soul. Maynard is the God he worships and apparantly Maynard tells him the meanings of every song personally. Read half of his posts and you're guaranteed to barf your brains out.

paraflux
02-28-2007, 12:47 PM
thanks to hobblegobble and inner_eulogy, as well as codyrichardsonsucks, for their incredible contributions to this thread and the board in general.