PDA

View Full Version : Interpretation blah blah

mrman
11-08-2006, 01:14 AM
Here is my interpretation :

Through out the whole interview process and promotion of 10 000 days, tool always said that this was a darker albulm than their others. They have said that it is steering away from the raising consciousness enlightment and all that jazz. And WHY? cause all these millions of tool fans who apparntly 'got' tool, and came to some realisionation of a better and higher consiousness have done NOTHING.

America seems to decline, and all that you people have done is complain . people have found faults in everything and instead of DOING SOMETHING, they go straight to the internet and wishing all these things away.

WHAT is maynard talking about wishing away... EVERYTHING that you find annoying, everything that comprimises your freedom etc. And when that situation comes instead of working hard and fighting for your beliefs people just choose to become lazy.

Your perception of reality becomes altered and all these negative emotions start pouring in. THe next part of the song after the guitar solo is maynards pouring out to people that are DOING SOMETHING. THAT ARE HELPING THE WORLD. Because there are people like that.

THese are the people that will become one while the rest will continue to fight and split in two.

I could go in deeper, but my fingers are loosing co ordintion and i really dont care that much .... meh watever

ars longa vita brevis

phatfela12
11-10-2006, 04:56 PM
nice post man. I agree. Most tool fans have that step one of finding the truth and then what do they do? sit around, get high, and try to get more truth and then yes, complain about what other people are doing.

not sure if this song in particular represents Tool's new position and darker album, but what you say is definitely true

El Shaggy
11-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Are you in the first camp with us tool listeners, because you don't even really seem to give a fuck? Not all of us are free to do what we wish we could, we aren't all blessed enough to have all the free time to actively make a difference, whether our own demons are holding us back, or the man's foot is stepping on our backs. I hope this wasn't your big contribution to us by starting such a topic, because it seems you barely put effort in to your post because you mock yourself and you just quit because your finger were losing coordination...

Pot meet kettle.

phatfela12
11-13-2006, 09:01 AM
Tool fans need to make a change. Stop getting high. Be sober like maynard, can we start a campaign? What did he say? Use the drug once and then spend the next 10 years trying to reach that place without drugs? I think you guys forgot that second part. Ya lazy's.

Go do something instead of falling into the trap of criticizing society and religion or whatever else all day. And all the while, of course, getting high.

Confield
11-13-2006, 04:30 PM
What the fuck do you want us to do about the greedy, the bigots, the nihilists? Start a fucking war? Because being good-natured doesn't change anyone's attitude, and anytime someone tries to do something good in their eyes, someone comes around and finds it unjust and fights them. So then what? People do things all of the time to make the world better, but it's in our nature to destroy ourselves, obviously, and each of ours' overwhelming hatred for what we as individuals consider to be wrong will destroy us all.

Also, if Maynard wants the world to be a better place, why does he quit trying, as he says he has, when he thinks trying will make the world better? Why does he give up on writing about positive things, and expect the world to interpret something positive from his work and do something for the world? And why wasn't he ever doing anything besides telling people to do something about all the wrong in the world? As a grown man, how can he honestly expect the world to agree on something, and how can he expect activism of all things, even that of "good intentions", to make it better? Obviously that's what he expects, because it certainly isn't about simply being a kind person, because we all know he's a dick.

tuck
11-14-2006, 09:12 AM
Tool fans need to make a change. Stop getting high. Be sober like maynard, can we start a campaign? What did he say? Use the drug once and then spend the next 10 years trying to reach that place without drugs? I think you guys forgot that second part. Ya lazy's.

Go do something instead of falling into the trap of criticizing society and religion or whatever else all day. And all the while, of course, getting high.

Is your halo....slipping down....?