PDA

View Full Version : Tool Can't Go Out Like This

mjkajdcjc
11-06-2006, 09:56 PM
It would suck for these guys to walk away from it all with this song.

They better come back with something big...

...That is, unless they wanted to "fade out" slowly and quietly so that only their closest fans could still talk about them?

I don't know what I'm talking about; I just don't want the prolific Tool catalogue to end this way!

Lysander
11-06-2006, 11:16 PM
You could always just think of it as Tool going out with Right in Two, if that makes you feel better.

mjkajdcjc
11-11-2006, 05:05 PM
I don't know, it's just that such a powerful band should go out on top...

I don't see why this could be...

mr. nikki jensen
11-12-2006, 04:54 AM
we'll see more from tool within the next 3 years,

or never....

Terry21
11-12-2006, 08:54 AM
Neurosis or what?

mjkajdcjc
11-25-2006, 09:52 PM
What?

O.G.T.92
01-06-2007, 01:21 PM
I think tool will be out for quite a while longer, remember 40 is the new 30 and those guys are all in great shape. I put the under/over at about 9 years, but they could very well go another 20 (which would only be a few albums but quality means a lot more than quantity) It seems from interviews that they feel theyre doing the best work theyve ever done. they're still touring like theyre 20. I think theres several more albums to come and hopefully when it gets really dry a live dvd spanning all albums. Just wishful thinking.

EssnayRepXTamEt
01-06-2007, 01:41 PM
I predict one more album.

And fuck knows when that'll be released.

Alex in Chains
01-06-2007, 07:26 PM
I don't know what I'm talking about; I just don't want the prolific Tool catalogue to end this way!

"Prolific" is about the last word I would use to describe Tool.

stevejols
01-11-2007, 10:14 PM
It is just the end of an album not the end of the band. If the band ended now the end of this album woud looked at the last thing that came from tool. Maybe 10,000 days as a whole. Either way. I think Tool will do one more album after 10,000 days and that is it. Danny Carey seems to think the band will last forever but MJK is to old to be 52 on be Tool

smeefsmeef
01-18-2007, 08:47 PM
It's only better to burn out than to fade away if you're Kurt Cobain. Tool can fade away to the rest of the world as they get older, but they will always be my fave.

IC
02-05-2007, 07:21 AM
this track is one of my favorite 'songs' by tool. honestly I think its kinda like a joke, people just can't have a sense of humor around here..but besides it being a joke on everyone looking for 'hidden meanings' and everything, it just really sets a cool mood. Nice way to end it in my opinion.

tescovee
02-17-2007, 05:50 AM
So weird how music is/has become a consumers commodity, for some reason I have a hard time thinking some one would ever say "It would suck for this guy to walk away from it all with String Quartet No. 16", Enjoy what we have now, and let them worry about the future for themselves....

Now don't get me wrong, It would be really a sad day when they decide to give it up, but who are we to say shit?

(BTW that was considered Beethovens last tune :P)

O.G.T.92
02-25-2007, 09:21 PM

hush
Opiate
prison sex
sober
crawl away
stinkfist
eulogy
h.
46&2
aenima
the grudge
schism
parabola
lateralus
vicarious
jambi
the pot

Those are just the songs that got a lot of radio play, Tool is way more prolific than people realize. There aren't too many bands in the last fifteen years to have this many hits. And the ones that do have a lot more label-provided marketing behind them than tool does. I think for their genre and times we live in they are one of the most underrated bands in terms of material released, and it all will hold up 100 years from now.

halfbreed
03-05-2007, 05:39 PM
next album will be when maynards mum is reincarnated. I'll give it about 5 years.

Cheesegreater
03-05-2007, 06:07 PM

Prolific perfectly describes what kind of writer Maynard is and what kind of sound they have. Definition: to produce abundantly. Hmmm.... not a bad word at all to describe Tool.

iAMtheMA!
03-05-2007, 06:41 PM
indeed.

and it doesn't feel like tool is done yet:

"this little light of mine, a gift you passed on to me,
i'm gonna let it shine to guide you safely on your way
- your way home"

we may need one more tool album to get it together.

either way, it's all around you - keep digging, it's fun:
a perfect circle, puscifer, caduceus, bill hicks, etc.
(to deny one is to deny the whole)

you'll fade before tool does, i assure you.

jevons
03-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Suggested reading, 40 years of Nine Inch Nails, by The Meathead perspective. We'll get another album. But then the bombs will drop, and music will be, how do you say, not..... electric, for a few years.
Just a thought.