PDA

View Full Version : another possible meaning?

wiRed
11-26-2002, 10:15 PM
wow, you people have managed to draw deep conclusions- i certainly never thought of this song the way everyone else has- but dont you think it could be a little more simplistic than that? Everyones meanings have so much depth.

i figure, because the whole of Lateralus is so much about change, acceptance and the ability to see the divinity in nature (environment & the body), that this song is just a reflection of this notion.

"Mention this to me. Mention something, mention anything
... and watch the weather change"

I really believe because Maynard is in a state of mind inwhich he is ready for change and ready to see the divinity in all things, he is asking for a response- no matter what it is, it will ultimately affect him.
He is ready to accept anything- any notion, which is really what enlightenment is all about. Acceptance of all things and the ability to see the worlds proportion & divinity.

Sacred Geometry is about divine proportion. If you haven't already read up on it, i strongly urge you do. Maths sux i know, but you'll soon appreciate its capabilities.

...err.. sorry if i repeated everything like a million times, i was just having trouble spitting out my words...alright. im ready for criticism! thanx for reading this anybody.