7. "Parabola" – 6:03
8. "Ticks & Leeches" – 8:10
9. "Lateralus" – 9:24
10. "Disposition" – 4:46
11. "Reflection" – 11:07
12. "Triad" – 8:46
11. "Viginti Tres" – 5:02
13. "Faaip de Oiad" – 2:39

It seems that if you loop this beast you go back to the Grudge which seems to transition perfectly. Has someone brought this up in another topic? I would be surprised with all of the speculating done about this topic that someone hadn't thought up this song order for 10, 000 Days/Lateralus. In this song order, it is almost like 10, 000 Days was a precursor to Lateralus with the exception of a couple songs being switched around.

I think it is cool and that is all that matters. :)

a_theist
11-03-2006, 08:02 PM
I don't know if it means anything, but the 10 track 10,000 Days with "The Grudge" in place of Vicarious and ending with "Right in Two" is 1:12:13

And now the Lateralus album is 14 songs long and has a running time of 1:22:23. A 10 minute and 10 second difference?

What also seems fitting is that in "Vicarious" the mention of blood to a vampire works with "The Patients" mention of a "paranoid, paralyzed vampire."

Pretty schweet!

SpiraMirabilis
11-04-2006, 07:10 AM
What help are you exactly looking for?

In the end we all have are favorite play lists. Personally, I don't think mixing Lateralus and 10,000 days is a good idea, but there is no reason why you shouldn't.

I would agree that you must start and end with The Grudge and Faaip de Oiad, because their starting and ending sound effects mirror each other, but I think you could be a bit more adventurous than just moving a couple of songs. It's not like Tool wrote the songs with a particular order in mind. Having said that though, there are some songs which can't really be separated, and Vicarious-Jambi is one of them in my opinion.

But in the end you've got to just do what sounds best for you. Too be honest, I often lisen to Tool on shuffle.

a_theist
11-04-2006, 01:44 PM
Having said that though, there are some songs which can't really be separated, and Vicarious-Jambi is one of them in my opinion.

But in the end you've got to just do what sounds best for you. Too be honest, I often lisen to Tool on shuffle.

How do you figure? I think "The Grudge" and "Jambi" work better together than "Vicarious" and "Jambi." What is your reasoning otherwise? And I think it would be question-begging of you to answer "because that is the way TOOL placed them on the album."

I think their is a reason Vicarious starts without an intro. My suspicions tells me it is because it belongs as track number one on Lateralus.

a_theist
11-04-2006, 06:45 PM
What help are you exactly looking for?

I.

None. The title was an (failed) attempt to get people to read this post out of a myriad of other posts on this community.

wearethestories
11-04-2006, 07:26 PM
well...

maybe the reason that Faaip de Oaid flows into The Grudge is... hmmmmm... because...

THEY'RE FROM THE SAME ALBUM... THE FIRST AND THE LAST TRACKS OF THE SAME ALBUM, SO THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO FLOW BECAUSE THAT'S HOW LATERALUS WORKS

a_theist
11-04-2006, 07:47 PM
well...

maybe the reason that Faaip de Oaid flows into The Grudge is... hmmmmm... because...

THEY'RE FROM THE SAME ALBUM... THE FIRST AND THE LAST TRACKS OF THE SAME ALBUM, SO THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO FLOW BECAUSE THAT'S HOW LATERALUS WORKS

Oh geee. You know something, you may be right. If only I had your wisdom before I bothered to make this post.

And it wasn't like my point about Viginti Tres being track number 23 on a 24 track album meant anything. I honestly do believe that 10,000 Days is just a continuation of Lateralus, or vice-versa and placing 10,000 days first with "The Grudge" instead of "Vicarious" makes sense.

Go ahead and try it yourself if you don't understand my point.

But thanks for the smartass remarks. I hope you enjoyed mine in return.

lizbiz
11-05-2006, 07:27 AM
No smartass remarks here, I respectfully disagree.

I think Jambi comes in from Vicarious perfectly, the sounds are very similar.

Jambi does not come in from the Grudge very well at all if you ask me, the guitar sounds completely different, as for Eon Blue after Vicarious, well, Eon Blue would sound fine after any song that ends fast.

However, I've always thought of something with Lateralus/10k Days and the whole Viginti Tres thing. At first I thought if you dropped Faaip and put the two albums together, Viginti would be track 23 of one large album, so you may be on to something.

InsolentBystander
11-05-2006, 09:37 AM
No smartass remarks here, I respectfully disagree.

I think Jambi comes in from Vicarious perfectly, the sounds are very similar.

Jambi does not come in from the Grudge very well at all if you ask me, the guitar sounds completely different, as for Eon Blue after Vicarious, well, Eon Blue would sound fine after any song that ends fast.

However, I've always thought of something with Lateralus/10k Days and the whole Viginti Tres thing. At first I thought if you dropped Faaip and put the two albums together, Viginti would be track 23 of one large album, so you may be on to something.

I’d say no song follows another song as perfectly as “Eon Blue Apocalypse” follows “The Grudge”. I would never change that. “Jambi” after “Vicarious” is very cool too… but to make it sound even better I put on the crossfader in Windows Media Player (it only seems to work with mp3s though) and leave it on the default five seconds. Now that is a sweet segue!

lizbiz
11-06-2006, 10:44 AM
“Jambi” after “Vicarious” is very cool too… but to make it sound even better I put on the crossfader in Windows Media Player (it only seems to work with mp3s though) and leave it on the default five seconds. Now that is a sweet segue!

Lol, I just realized I have my crossfader on in iTunes, you're right, it does sound better than the CD, it's like they don't even stop.