PDA

View Full Version : spasm live

wehavenoquarter
06-03-2003, 09:02 AM
I know this song is currently a tool song but i think its badass.
The song im talking about is spasm. Tool did a cover of it in a concert but somehow i can only find the audio version. Someone please help me find it.

jpmanson
06-03-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by wehavenoquarter
I know this song is currently a tool song but i think its badass.
The song im talking about is spasm. Tool did a cover of it in a concert but somehow i can only find the audio version. Someone please help me find it.

you want a video of the show? ask me again in a couple days, i have it in my queue on soulseek, after i get it, if you get soulseek, you can get it off me, along with 10 gigs of other tool performances(mostly audio)

Chris_Brightwell
06-03-2003, 09:15 PM
It's originally a Peach song, not a Tool song, and has only been performed once.

Coachella Festival, 1999.

IIRC, it was October 10.

Video exists, but really isn't worth the download.

--
Chris Brightwell // moderator

jpmanson
06-03-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Chris_Brightwell
It's originally a Peach song, not a Tool song, and has only been performed once.

IIRC, it was October 10.

--

yeah, thats the one i have queued.. i dont really care if its shitty quality, im trying to get a really extensive tool collection..

Chris_Brightwell
06-03-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by jpmanson
yeah, thats the one i have queued.. i dont really care if its shitty quality, im trying to get a really extensive tool collection.. I thought the same thing for a long long time, but I've got a bunch of shows that I don't listen to any more for two reasons:

a. It sounds like total ass.
b. I have a better version of the same setlist.

--

jpmanson
06-03-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Chris_Brightwell
I thought the same thing for a long long time, but I've got a bunch of shows that I don't listen to any more for two reasons:

a. It sounds like total ass.
b. I have a better version of the same setlist.

--

well, i bought a 120 gig drive with the only intention of putting tool shit on it.

i have 10 gigs right now, and ive only listened to about half of it. at some point ill get around to listening to it all and catalogging it all..

Chris_Brightwell
06-03-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by jpmanson
well, i bought a 120 gig drive with the only intention of putting tool shit on it.

i have 10 gigs right now, and ive only listened to about half of it. at some point ill get around to listening to it all and catalogging it all.. Well if you took all of my Tool stuff and digitized it, you'd fill 120 GB easily (assuming you use little to no compression, of course).

If you're handy enough with a search engine (and are even remotely interested), finding my list shouldn't be a problem.

--

wehavenoquarter
06-04-2003, 07:19 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jpmanson
[B]you want a video of the show? ask me again in a couple days, i have it in my queue on soulseek, after i get it, if you get soulseek, you can get it off me, along with 10 gigs of other tool performances(mostly audio)

Hey thanks for the info u guys. Jpmanson i currently have soulseek and have u in my list. I'll message u in soulseek to see if u all most have it done. Maybe ull find something intersting in my list. I already have looked at ur list and u have a impressive list.

wehavenoquarter
06-04-2003, 07:21 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wehavenoquarter
[B][QUOTE]Originally posted by jpmanson
[B]you want a video of the show? ask me again in a couple days, i have it in my queue on soulseek, after i get it, if you get soulseek, you can get it off me, along with 10 gigs of other tool performances(mostly audio)

Hey thanks for the info u guys. Jpmanson i currently have soulseek and have u in my list. I'll message u in soulseek to see if u all most have it done. Maybe ull find something intersting in my list. I already have looked at ur list and u have a impressive list.

Hey one more thing jpmanson my soulseek name is toolfan94.

wehavenoquarter
06-04-2003, 07:24 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chris_Brightwell
[B]It's originally a Peach song, not a Tool song, and has only been performed once.

IIRC, it was October 10.

--

Thanks for the info chris however i beleive all tool videos have a piece of history in them and im trying to find all of them. And yes i know spasm is a song from peach but i was in such a hurry to type that i forgot to put "not "a tool song

jpmanson
06-04-2003, 12:03 PM
i just finished the 09-24-01 and 07-11-02 shows, now i just started downloading the first part of the 10-10-99 show, which im hoping has spasm on it. it was the 5th song out of like 12 or 13. this download will take me about 3 hours, and individual songs from this guy took me about a half hour each. so its a good possibility that this file will have the first half of the show.

the next time you log on to soulseek i should have it done.

Marius
06-07-2003, 05:59 PM
If you want a really good video, download the concert from Lowell, october 2002. Really good audio and video-quality. It's definately the best Tool concert-video i've seen.
You'll find it on the Tool Hub for sure.

jpmanson
06-08-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Marius
If you want a really good video, download the concert from Lowell, october 2002. Really good audio and video-quality. It's definately the best Tool concert-video i've seen.
You'll find it on the Tool Hub for sure.

too bad the toolhub doesnt work for me..

Underalus
06-08-2003, 06:33 AM
What the hell is the Tool hub, and where the hell is everyone finding these new full concerts from 2002, what the hell. The most recent stuff I've got is from the beginning of the Lateralus tour. IF anyone could tell me where the hell to get all this good suff, that would kick ass.

Marius
06-08-2003, 08:36 AM
Check out http://tool.teartech.com/

Penguin
06-18-2003, 06:06 PM
Hehe I have like a 10 second video of Spasm and it looked awesome.. damn you fast-connection people.. >=o I want Tool vidz

jpmanson
06-19-2003, 12:39 AM
oh yeah, i have it now.. havent gotten around to watching it yet though..

zumzim13
07-23-2003, 11:05 PM
If you're handy enough with a search engine (and are even remotely interested), finding my list shouldn't be a problem.

--

I gotta be honest. When you said, "handy with a search engine" I was expecting a little bit of a challenge. My first search, it was on the second page. I was almost a little bit dissapointed.

Chris_Brightwell
07-24-2003, 03:44 AM
I gotta be honest. When you said, "handy with a search engine" I was expecting a little bit of a challenge. My first search, it was on the second page. I was almost a little bit dissapointed.Hell ... if you've paid any attention to anything I do here, you didn't even need the search engine.