PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else do this?

AlltheteainChina
10-28-2006, 09:37 AM
Just call the song "48"? Just cut through the red tape and all that bullshit and show off your math skills.

base metal
11-02-2006, 07:33 PM
I hear ya

mjkajdcjc
11-06-2006, 09:32 PM
You are one smart cookie. Give yourself a golden star, junior!

ajp1982
11-16-2006, 10:10 PM
Just call the song "48"? Just cut through the red tape and all that bullshit and show off your math skills.

No - and the reason is that its a little more complicated than simple kindergarten math.

Its posted many times on this forum that 46 & 2 are referring to the 22 pairs of chromosomes and 2 pairs of sex chromosomes we all have (44&2). 46 & 2 would therefore be an evolution of an additional 2 chromosomes....evolving, reaching a higher state of being etc etc etc which is the crux of the song.

As with overanalysing, something can be said about simplifying things too much.

A.

AlltheteainChina
11-17-2006, 05:20 PM
No - and the reason is that its a little more complicated than simple kindergarten math.

Its posted many times on this forum that 46 & 2 are referring to the 22 pairs of chromosomes and 2 pairs of sex chromosomes we all have (44&2). 46 & 2 would therefore be an evolution of an additional 2 chromosomes....evolving, reaching a higher state of being etc etc etc which is the crux of the song.

A.

THERE HE IS! CAP'N OBVIOUS TURBO EDITION!!!!

ajp1982
11-17-2006, 08:48 PM
Did you read the bit which went something along the lines of 'Its [been] posted many times of this forum...'?

A.

PShepherd11
11-18-2006, 07:11 AM

A.

Ha! This is very true...if they wanted to name the song 48, they would have done so and then for another reason.

AlltheteainChina
11-19-2006, 08:37 AM
I think a couple of people are jealous that I figured out that the meaning of this song is "48". Now all I have to do is figure out what the significance of "48" is.

PS. IF someone replies to this saying "Well, obviously 48 is your IQ. I have studied all of Tool's songs and I've been to 27 Tool message boards and they wrote this song specifically for me." I'll be forced to say "Look douchebag, it was a joke, I was messin around, don't be so sensitive."

There is no spoon
11-21-2006, 10:24 AM
There is no significance to the number 48. In NASCAR, the #48 car just won the Nextel Cup. That's about it. 48 could also be your IQ....

AlltheteainChina
11-21-2006, 10:58 AM
Did ya not read my last post? Oh nevermind...you're from new jersey. Sorry man.

There is no spoon
11-21-2006, 04:20 PM
In Jersey we have sarcasm. If they had better schools in VA, maybe you could have picked up on that. Let's try it again...

48 could also be your IQ....

AlltheteainChina
11-22-2006, 08:56 AM
You also have highways that lead to nowhere, toll plazas every 3 feet, air that equals 3 pack of cigarettes a day, and you don't have beaches, but "shores". Yeah, our schools suck. No, I didn't pick up on it, yeah I got caught being a smartass/troll. Who's the moron that started this thread?

chonus
11-29-2006, 07:36 AM

Beautiful. That made my day. Seriously.

Edit: I didn't realize how many lame senses of humor there were around here. Maynard would be mad. Keep up the good work, Attic.

mr. nikki jensen
12-01-2006, 12:34 PM
no, why called it 48, when the title of the song i forty-six & 2

morethanmusic
12-01-2006, 03:03 PM

As with over analyzing, something can be said about simplifying things too much.

A.

First off Mr. Kindergarten-math-rocks-my-socks, I corrected your spelling of over analyzing- two words, no s, prolly could hyphenate though, if u like. Kidding. I love you. But leave this one be. I call the song 46 and three, rhymes better with just ahead of me.

AlltheteainChina
12-02-2006, 05:49 AM
Beautiful. That made my day. Seriously.

Edit: I didn't realize how many lame senses of humor there were around here. Maynard would be mad. Keep up the good work, Attic.

Whoa! Someone...wasn't offended?

mjkajdcjc
12-02-2006, 11:40 PM
Whoa! Someone...wasn't offended?

I congratulated you...and this is how you repay me?

By forgetting what I said?

You think you can do this to me and still carry out our relationship?

Oh, fuck you, it's over!!!

OVER, YOU HEAR ME!!!!!!!!! WE'RE THROUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AlltheteainChina
12-03-2006, 05:01 AM
I congratulated you...and this is how you repay me?

By forgetting what I said?

You think you can do this to me and still carry out our relationship?

Oh, fuck you, it's over!!!

OVER, YOU HEAR ME!!!!!!!!! WE'RE THROUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right before christmas too you cold bastard

Exarch
12-03-2006, 11:45 AM
to be honest, 46 & 2 is 462

*snicker* >_<

fretforyourfigure462
12-04-2006, 11:55 AM

A.

Right on.

I think because of that meaning, this song is one of the most deep songs Tool has written. And it has to be one of my favorites.

Inner_Eulogy
02-06-2007, 02:45 PM

Well damn, I thought it was pretty funny. And obviously he was just jokin'...some people are a little anal on here it seems.

hobblegobble
02-08-2007, 03:42 PM
As for the significance of 48, according to Inner Eulogy I eat 48 twinkies a day. So the song was about me you bastards. Also it takes 48 seconds to take a crap. So maybe Maynard was taking a crap when he wrote the song. So deep..I know...

Arkham Asylum
02-08-2007, 04:56 PM
[QUOTE=morethanmusic;1585913I call the song 46 and three, rhymes better with just ahead of me.[/QUOTE]

The thread-starter made a pretty good joke, but I love this. Thank you, Morethanmusic.