PDA

View Full Version : 'Why can't we just admit it?'

10-28-2006, 07:40 AM
So why can't we really just admit our hypocrisy as a species? I can admit I'm still a hypocrite for being a vegetarian, instead of eating dead animals, I'm eating dead plants. We really need to just admit our hypocrisy and focus on the bigger issues.

fretforyourfigure462
10-29-2006, 11:59 AM
Agreed. No matter how much people say they aren't hypocrites, they are. Some are worse than others....but yeah.

AlcheMilla
10-31-2006, 03:48 AM
So why can't we really just admit our hypocrisy as a species? I can admit I'm still a hypocrite for being a vegetarian, instead of eating dead animals, I'm eating dead plants. We really need to just admit our hypocrisy and focus on the bigger issues.

So now that you've admitted to beeing a hypocrite... how is the world better ? What are the bigger issues that you think u should focus on rather than feeling sorry for the carrots you eat ?

10-31-2006, 08:00 AM
So now that you've admitted to beeing a hypocrite... how is the world better ? What are the bigger issues that you think u should focus on rather than feeling sorry for the carrots you eat ?

Admitting that I'm a hypocrite relinquishes any capacity of denial. It may not stem an improvement from just a singular person, but if this became the norm then yeah, the world would definately be a better place. As far as the bigger issues are concerned, we should be focused on space travel and evolving as species cause I believe that our end-all is getting off of this planet. However, this can't be done if humans still have lungs. We need to figure out a way to supply ourselves with oxygen or maybe, just maybe in our next evolution we'll become dependent on another source for breathing. Yeah, I ramble, but I don't have access to the spiritual/philosophy forums yet so I have to sit and comfortably wait.

AlcheMilla
11-02-2006, 12:17 AM
Hehe, I like this.... shall we start a fund raiser for NASA ? Though with the hypocrisy still in mind... I find it really hard to do. Well, admit is one thing, but living without beeing one is another. And thats what matters in the end, no ? I'm confused... I obviously don't have access to the above mentioned forums either, heh..

11-02-2006, 07:25 PM
Hehe, I like this.... shall we start a fund raiser for NASA ? Though with the hypocrisy still in mind... I find it really hard to do. Well, admit is one thing, but living without beeing one is another. And thats what matters in the end, no ? I'm confused... I obviously don't have access to the above mentioned forums either, heh..

It would be precluded by FOX News. We'll get outfoxed by FOX.

o00mega00
11-03-2006, 09:12 PM
haha, yes, because any sort of substantive or introspective material such as this would ever...........................................eve r be discused on FOX NEWS!!!!!!

by the way, Walmart remember's that Christmas is for Christians very well, obviously they realize that taking advantage of a self-appreciating holiday such as Christmas is a very wise and profitable move....THEY MAKE MONEY>>>>PEOPLE BUY SHIT>>>
sorry, am I ranting??

AlcheMilla
11-04-2006, 02:51 AM
haha, yes, because any sort of substantive or introspective material such as this would ever...........................................eve r be discused on FOX NEWS!!!!!!

by the way, Walmart remember's that Christmas is for Christians very well, obviously they realize that taking advantage of a self-appreciating holiday such as Christmas is a very wise and profitable move....THEY MAKE MONEY>>>>PEOPLE BUY SHIT>>>
sorry, am I ranting??

It's funny how christmas is also for those NOT christian, sweden beeing largely secularised, thanks, alot, for that, but we still celebrate this holiday, hardly even remembering why. The reason beeing stores needing to sell stuff, I suspect. People will look funnily at you whether you believe in christ or buddha, its just not scientifically proven...hehe

11-04-2006, 09:26 PM
There is a war on Christmas folks and thats the SPIN Zone.

o00mega00
11-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Thank you Bill for keeping me reminded of my real beliefs and what is truely right and wrong!!! What would we ever do without your moral guidance? What a courageous man he is..telling us how to think and all...Vote Christian! How can I send him some money?!

tool fan
11-07-2006, 09:45 PM
Bill O'Reilly could use a nice tall glass of shut the fuck up.

Legion
11-09-2006, 09:39 PM
Bill O'Reilly could use a nice tall glass of shut the fuck up.

Amen

Choice Breath
11-10-2006, 04:53 AM
As the self-appointed representative of the human race, and on behalf of all of us, I hereby admit it. Case closed.

morethanmusic
11-11-2006, 11:48 PM
rupert murdoch....

DON IOTAE
11-30-2006, 07:46 AM
Admitting that I'm a hypocrite relinquishes any capacity of denial. It may not stem an improvement from just a singular person, but if this became the norm then yeah, the world would definately be a better place. As far as the bigger issues are concerned, we should be focused on space travel and evolving as species cause I believe that our end-all is getting off of this planet. However, this can't be done if humans still have lungs. We need to figure out a way to supply ourselves with oxygen or maybe, just maybe in our next evolution we'll become dependent on another source for breathing. Yeah, I ramble, but I don't have access to the spiritual/philosophy forums yet so I have to sit and comfortably wait.

"we made it to the moon, but we cant make it home"

how does that quote fit in to the previous quote?

Id like to think that before space travel, we could do more common sense things, like clean up the earth, accept hypocrisy, treat each other better. It still has a long life to live; the Earth... ;)

Yoxodo
11-30-2006, 08:14 AM
cleaning up the earth? How about feeding the poor first.

DON IOTAE
11-30-2006, 10:21 AM
that's implied...

DrJones
12-04-2006, 01:16 PM
I think a big thing to remember when it comes to hypocrisy is attitude. Webster's dictionary defines hypocrisy as "a feigning to be what one is not; a concealment of one's real character or motives." This implies a conscious effort to hide your true self. It's more than saying one thing and doing another, it is believing one thing and living in such a way that hides that belief. I agree with 9331 that if we admit we have the tendancy of hypocrisy that, while it may not lead to immediate change in the individual but a more universal realization that we all suck and that it's about time we do something about it.