PDA

View Full Version : AS an artist i am offended.

Oblive
06-01-2003, 12:38 PM
I was wondering if its just me or is there anyone else out there who is absolutely disgusted when they see something posted as art that is a few scribbles with 10 photoshop filters applied to it?

imo this is not art..and i apologize to the few of you who do this...i know i started out this way when i booted photoshop the first time...but i progressed from that and now very rarely even use the default filters....but even when i first started i would in no way consider a photo with 17 filters applied to it art.

would you people please learn that art is not as easy as pressing a few buttons and spare me some time by learning something about the elements of design before you create a piece of "ART"

thank you

Deftones
06-01-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Oblive

thank you

anytime!

Deftones
06-01-2003, 12:45 PM
Fuck why does he post that twice... i hate my computer

Flojob
06-01-2003, 01:13 PM
I was wondering if its just me or is there anyone else out there who is absolutely disgusted when they see something posted as art that is a few scribbles with 10 photoshop filters applied to it?

imo this is not art..and i apologize to the few of you who do this...i know i started out this way when i booted photoshop the first time...but i progressed from that and now very rarely even use the default filters....but even when i first started i would in no way consider a photo with 17 filters applied to it art.

would you people please learn that art is not as easy as pressing a few buttons and spare me some time by learning something about the elements of design before you create a piece of "ART"

thank you

my opinion on the matter is this:

art is something that i do for fun, or to get emotions out ect. If the person that created the piece had fun doing so then its art, if it is an expresion of the way the person felt while making it then it is art. In fact any creation to me is art.

some art is more aluring to the eye then other stuff. a lot of the photoshop pieces are not too interesting, but art none the less. If you think about it this way, the only way they will ever learn is by using the program even if they are just pressing a few buttons.

Deftones
06-01-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Flojob

art is something that i do for fun, or to get emotions out ect.

agreed, art is for fun, and for emotions, people can like it or not... thats all art is about

If the person that created the piece had fun doing so then its art,

this isent true, if someone likes to make dolls outta shit, and he think thats fun to make it smell like puke... that wont sell dude, i mean only because the creator has fun makin it, doesnt mean that the watcher have to like it... or even wants to know it exists!

if it is an expresion of the way the person felt while making it then it is art.

then its true art, if you make art outta your feelings... the people will like that more to then... art is all about emotions and expressions of life

In fact any creation to me is art.

look at my creation...
*%&$&$&$
&&#^@^@
&*!@!$^&*
!^*&(&%#!
i think that was fun!

now you like it, you said so yourself!

plexus
06-01-2003, 01:31 PM
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>....................>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>........>>>>>>>>..........>>>>>>>
>>>>........>>>>>(0)>>>>>........>>>>>
>>>>........>>0>>>>>>0>>>........>>>>>
>>>>........>>>>>>>>>>>>>........>>>>>
>>>>........>>[][][][][][][] >>........>>>>>
>>>>>>........>>>>>>>>>........>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>........>>>>........>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>................>>>>>>>>>>>

its up for acution on tuesday

Oblive
06-01-2003, 01:53 PM
you have way too much time on your hands plexus

i agree with flojob about the creating art thing and that everything created is art..
but i mean...even that abstarct stuff that you see..has some design fundamentala in it...

its not just shit thrown down for no reason

and like i said..i started out by applying filters and that was it...but i wouldnt call it art.....it had no composition...but maybe thats what makes me and you different :P

psilomind
06-01-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by plexus
>>>>>>>>>....................>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>........>>>>>>>>..........>>>>>>>
>>>>........>>>>>(0)>>>>>........>>>>>
>>>>........>>0>>>>>>0>>>........>>>>>
>>>>........>>[][][][][][][] >>........>>>>>
>>>>>>........>>>>>>>>>........>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>........>>>>........>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>................>>>>>>>>>>>

its up for acution on tuesday

hehe... I love it. Especially the open third eye. Very deep indeed.

I must admit that I've sometimes tried to be sympathetic to some of the artistically challenged posters of this forum, but these positive remarks only seem to make them feel like its okay to waste my time with their photoshop bullshit.

So to those people, practice in your own free time, but dont post anything until youre damn sure its worth our time.

Oblive
06-01-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by psilomind

I must admit that I've sometimes tried to be sympathetic to some of the artistically challenged posters of this forum, but these positive remarks only seem to make them feel like its okay to waste my time with their photoshop bullshit.

So to those people, practice in your own free time, but dont post anything until youre damn sure its worth our time. [/B]

thats what i mean..
i mean i have alot of shit i wouldnt call art in the least sense that was me practicing..but art has alot more to it then just applying filters....blurring it a little..adding some color...and VOILA!

dont waste my time with your practice pieces

Peekay
06-01-2003, 07:05 PM
as the best artist on this forum, i have to concur, all these scribbles in photoshop are SHIT

Flojob
06-01-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Deftones
this isent true, if someone likes to make dolls outta shit, and he think thats fun to make it smell like puke... that wont sell dude, i mean only because the creator has fun makin it, doesnt mean that the watcher have to like it... or even wants to know it exists!

i make my art for myself, and if someone wants to give me money for it fine, i am not worried about how much money i will get for my next piece, and i hope no artist would ever make a piece they dont like just because it would sell.

plexus
06-01-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Peekay
as the best artist on this forum

goddamn please tell me youre joking

SadSummerSea
06-01-2003, 08:52 PM
hey, i lived in thorold. hah

Oblive
06-02-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by SadSummerSea
hey, i lived in thorold. hah

ME TOO!

when did you live in thorold?

eyemaware
06-02-2003, 03:26 AM
really? i was just today considering doing a photoshop image for the sheer ease of which i could communicate this image in my head... filters and all. i think i'll do it, and post it anyway. see what you think.

Paladin
06-02-2003, 11:37 AM
"as the best artist on this forum"... why are you such a cocky bitch? check some of the old stuff posted on here, its excellent, i would hardly call you the best artist here, at least until we see more of your 'amazement'.

GregoryWohlwend
06-02-2003, 05:02 PM
crucify the ego before it's far too late.

SadSummerSea
06-07-2003, 01:15 PM
ME TOO!

when did you live in thorold?

First year. 2001. 13 Tupper Dr.
With this shitfaced old italian lady that drove me straight nto residence.

Oblive
06-07-2003, 01:31 PM
nice..
ive lived here for way too long.....just off pine street now...
damn italians
i dont know why there are so many

SadSummerSea
06-07-2003, 06:28 PM
nice..
ive lived here for way too long.....just off pine street now...
damn italians
i dont know why there are so many

Thats cool, Ive got to get on the phone and find out where I'm going to live next year. Stupid University.

Pro_Art
06-07-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by eyemaware
really? i was just today considering doing a photoshop image for the sheer ease of which i could communicate this image in my head... filters and all. i think i'll do it, and post it anyway. see what you think.
As long as you don't post all your works with a separate
thread for each. ;)

I think all the artists here gotta start grouping their art,
if you produce a lot of it.

Peace,
Pro Art (Protocol Artisan)

random_spiral
06-08-2003, 12:38 AM
if itīs art to you post it, donīt let someone tell you not to post your own creations...