PDA

View Full Version : Pushit (Live - Salival)

Jungmamr
10-27-2006, 03:10 PM
Holy shit. How am i just now listening to this song for the first time.

Simply incredible.

fnc
10-27-2006, 03:44 PM
One of my all time favorite TOOL recordings. I love the song.

oneredflag
10-27-2006, 03:44 PM
Welcome to the year 2000.
Let us know whaen you get to 2006.
Yes it is a very good song, It was even better to see it preformed live.

Spaceman Spiff
10-27-2006, 03:49 PM
Ass. :P

Jungmamr
10-27-2006, 03:53 PM
i love epeens. <3 spiff

Tyson
10-27-2006, 03:54 PM
Maynard at the start is just so cheesy.

cornerstone
10-27-2006, 04:00 PM
yep.

undertoes
10-27-2006, 04:08 PM
while your at it listen to 'part of me'. i'm always blown away when i hear that one

Jungmamr
10-27-2006, 04:11 PM
why does he sound cheesy. he sounds sincere and in the moment. some people i tell yah...

Tyson
10-27-2006, 04:23 PM
why does he sound cheesy. he sounds sincere and in the moment. some people i tell yah...

Personally I think he's being sarcastic.

Indrid Cold
10-27-2006, 04:29 PM
One of my top five favorite songs right next to Reflection.

(-) Thoth
10-27-2006, 04:34 PM
it's kinda funny how it makes original version sound better, in some contrasting way, imo.

Jungmamr
10-27-2006, 04:44 PM
Personally I think he's being sarcastic.

you're wrong. PS, i stole your avatar for another forum.

booyah

RedMetalSox
10-27-2006, 04:50 PM
one of their best.

J Stebbins
10-27-2006, 05:07 PM
This song gives me goosebumps every time I hear it, simply an amazing song. Definitely one of the best Tool songs. I haven't heard the rest of Salival songs directly from that album, just the songs in general.

If you don't like it, keep your opinion to yourself. You have to post something stupid in every thread, to make sure you keep you're post count up. The thread starter said he likes the song, if you don't like it, good for you. Go to the bin. I'm sure Maynard is being sarcastic. You say the dumbest things, trying to sound smart in the process.

Tyson
10-27-2006, 05:10 PM
If you don't like it, keep your opinion to yourself. You have to post something stupid in every thread, to make sure you keep you're post count up. The thread starter said he likes the song, if you don't like it, good for you. Go to the bin. I'm sure Maynard is being sarcastic. You say the dumbest things, trying to sound smart in the process.

So if I or anyone else has a negative opinion on a subject at hand, we can't state that fact?

So all critical analysis should be removed from this forum just so you can live in your world of flowers, cupcakes and sunshine?

Big Fat Matt
10-27-2006, 05:13 PM
i personally prefer the 07/15/98 preformance of it to the salival but this version blows the Ænima version outta the water.

J Stebbins
10-27-2006, 05:14 PM
So if I or anyone else has a negative opinion on a subject at hand, we can't state that fact?

So all critical analysis should be removed from this forum just so you can live in your world of flowers, cupcakes and sunshine?

That's not what I said at all. Obviously it's an opinion forum, and I have negative opinions about plenty of things. Jungmamr simply said he liked the song. You couldn't agree with him by saying something you like about the song, you just tell him what you don't like about it. I don't think he cares what you liked about it. If you don't like the song, make a thread about it instead of posting in his. I know how it is though, you have to post in every thread or else someone else will get more posts then you.

Tyson
10-27-2006, 05:18 PM
That's not what I said at all. Obviously it's an opinion forum, and I have negative opinions about plenty of things. Jungmamr simply said he liked the song. You couldn't agree with him by saying something you like about the song, you just tell him what you don't like about it. I don't think he cares what you liked about it. If you don't like the song, make a thread about it instead of posting in his. I know how it is though, you have to post in every thread or else someone else will get more posts then you.

Haha, what?

So every time I disagree with someones opinion I should start a thread stating this fact?

If you look, someone agreed with my opinion, so it was valid point.

Also your post pumping argument is bullshit, I average around 5 posts a day to your 4.

J Stebbins
10-27-2006, 05:20 PM
Haha, what?

So every time I disagree with someones opinion I should start a thread stating this fact?

If you look, someone agreed with my opinion, so it was valid point.

I didn't say that either, you're putting words in my mouth. Disagreeing is all part of debating and fighting a point. I disagree with people all the time. That's not what he made the thread for, am I wrong? He said he likes the song. Where in that do you get that he wanted you to put what's bad about the song in your opinion? I'm happy that cornerstone agrees with you.

Tyson
10-27-2006, 05:44 PM
By creating this thread the op allows for users to post their opinions on the subject at hand, be it negative or positive.

J Stebbins
10-27-2006, 05:53 PM
Correct. Did you have to post your dislike of the song? Wasn't it possible to just read the thread, rather then posting in it, or atleast show an agreement with him. All I'm saying is that you don't need to post just because a thread is there. He likes the song, you say it's partially cheesy. He didn't say "what do you guys think of this song."

Jungmamr
10-27-2006, 05:56 PM
By creating this thread the op allows for users to post their opinions on the subject at hand, be it negative or positive.

yeppers.

Jungmamr
10-27-2006, 05:57 PM
also, you all assume i am a male.

which, forunately, is the case. but still, BE AWARE AT ALL TIME! You never know when you are talking to a vaginer.

J Stebbins
10-27-2006, 05:58 PM
I realize that. I was just saying that he doesn't have to post in every thread that exists. There's nothing wrong with saying what you don't like about it.

Edit - I didn't know what gender you were.

Jungmamr
10-27-2006, 05:59 PM
I realize that. I was just saying that he doesn't have to post in every thread that exists. There's nothing wrong with saying what you don't like about it.

i don't have anything else to give to this thread, so i will just say the first word that comes to my mind in 10 seconds...

which is...

horse radish (okay, it's two...blow me)

Spaceman Spiff
10-27-2006, 06:00 PM
If you don't like it, keep your opinion to yourself.

On the Tool Page Opinion forum? :P

EDIT: That's what I get for waiting to submit my post, this discussion's been done. OOpsie.

Tyson
10-27-2006, 06:01 PM

Edit - I didn't know what gender you were.

Out of the 20 threads on the first page of socialize I have posted in a total of 6.

I really should stop my rampant post pumping.

J Stebbins
10-27-2006, 06:01 PM
On the Tool Page Opinion forum?

Does the stupidity ever end.

You took out one sentence from one of my posts that generalized everything I put. Stop talking.

Out of the 20 threads on the first page of socialize I have posted in a total of 6.

Today.

Spaceman Spiff
10-27-2006, 06:02 PM
Does the stupidity ever end.

You took out one sentence from one of my posts that generalized everything I put. Stop talking.

Sorry, I didn't realize you e-dick was so huge and your sense of humour was so lacking.

Omar Rodriguez-Mopez
10-27-2006, 06:03 PM
Stop talking.

This is one of those times where you should take your own advice.

J Stebbins
10-27-2006, 06:04 PM
Sorry, I didn't realize you e-dick was so huge and your sense of humour was so lacking.

My e-dick? I have a great sense of humor, just not to people like you who try to prove something.

This is one of those times where you should take your own advice.

You're place is in the bin.

Spaceman Spiff
10-27-2006, 06:05 PM
My e-dick? I have a great sense of humor, just not to people like you who try to prove something.

I'm not trying to prove anything, smart guy. But hey, way to generalize based on one little comment.

J Stebbins
10-27-2006, 06:06 PM
I'm not trying to prove anything, smart guy.

I was talking to Tyson about something that didn't involve you at all. But alas, you have to come in and put in your two useless cents. If you're not trying to prove anything, why'd you quote me on something that didn't have anything to do with you. You just wanted to run you're mouth over the internet.

Spaceman Spiff
10-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Oh, my mistake again. I thought this was the public part of the forum, not your PM Inbox.

J Stebbins
10-27-2006, 06:07 PM
It is the public part of the forum. But you quoting me about something that had nothing to do with the topic, is not needed. Thanks, though.

Omar Rodriguez-Mopez
10-27-2006, 06:08 PM
You're place is in the bin.

Smells bad down there. I need a breath of fresh air every once in awhile.

Tyson
10-27-2006, 06:08 PM
Everyone just ignore the troll.

Kedzie_Matthews
10-27-2006, 06:10 PM
If you don't like it, keep your opinion to yourself.
Doesn't that kind of work against the whole concept of an opinion?

Spaceman Spiff
10-27-2006, 06:10 PM
If you're not trying to prove anything, why'd you quote me on something that didn't have anything to do with you. You just wanted to run you're mouth over the internet.

As I implied before, it was a joke. Relax.

J Stebbins
10-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Everyone just ignore the troll.

How am I a troll? Forgot you were a mod, Tyson.

Tyson
10-27-2006, 06:13 PM
I'm the one in the glasses (http://www.fiftiesweb.com/tv/mod-squad-c.jpg)

J Stebbins
10-27-2006, 06:14 PM
:)

Spaceman Spiff
10-27-2006, 06:21 PM
haha

Jungmamr
10-27-2006, 06:54 PM
pwned.

Pala Cósmico
10-27-2006, 07:28 PM
Ok..back to the topic on hand...the Salival version of Pushit is pretty damn good, but I personally love the 10/31/2001 performance. Anyone heard that version? Maynard adds some nice subtle touches to the vocals at the beginning.

Spaceman Spiff
10-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Not sure if I heard that version... I saw them play it live Sept. 18th of that year, would imagine they would be pretty similar, or did they do something special that night?

Pala Cósmico
10-27-2006, 09:15 PM
Well, I haven't heard any other bootlegs from that year, so I've no idea if they did something special on that night. But, you're probably right about the two being pretty similar. He just puts a nice twist on the words "disappear" and "down". Also, its closer to the Aenima version than the Salival one.

vinegar_tom
10-27-2006, 09:49 PM
One of my top five favorite songs right next to Reflection.

QFT

martyr
10-27-2006, 10:00 PM
this thread is a lollercoaster.

anyway if i find someone saying that the foo fighters are good at improvising songs i direct them towards this

STA
10-28-2006, 01:53 AM
Holy shit. How am i just now listening to this song for the first time.

Simply incredible.

Isn't it?

And the way Justin changes the bass line at the end makes all the difference in the world.

STA
10-28-2006, 01:55 AM

You're right, he sounds completely sincere.

The sarcastic intro can be found on Third Eye. THINK FOR URSELF LOL

Double post ftw.

aevasquez
10-28-2006, 10:27 AM
this is one of my top 5 favorite songs by tool! i listen to it when im in a bad mood or need to think abot something important...its facking dope to meditate to. listening to it while you "under whatever influence" you're into is surreal! they really do take you to another place...

FallingTear
10-28-2006, 11:11 AM
I used to love this song, but it got old and boring from listening to it too much.

Jungmamr
10-28-2006, 01:35 PM
I used to love this song, but it got old and boring from listening to it too much.

so tragic.

Jungmamr
10-28-2006, 01:35 PM
this thread is a lollercoaster.

anyway if i find someone saying that the foo fighters are good at improvising songs i direct them towards this

haha, good point!

SomekindaCure
10-28-2006, 07:21 PM
I think that you can get away with it for almost any band, this version is a whole new realm of experience, I only got it in the last 12 months, my friend had been on about it for weeks, so i hunted it down, and was just blown away, haven't yet overdone it, but i am sure now that i talk about it that i could do it quite easily with a few days of hard listening

IC
10-28-2006, 10:24 PM
everything ive ever typed.

holy crap tyson. holy, crap.