PDA

View Full Version : Fay Ray? King Kong? Empire State Building?

Zippy
10-27-2006, 09:41 AM
In Maynard's picture, the woman with her back to the camera is draped on a model of a building. Her hairstyle, along with some other items in the room like the telephones, seem to be 20's vintage. I seem to feel that there is a connection to King Kong and Fay Ray. I may be way off, but when I look at that image, that is what stands out to me, along with the general dual theme with the items on and around the desk.

jonboy
10-27-2006, 11:51 AM
There was more to the 20's than king kong

Zippy
10-27-2006, 02:19 PM
Of course there was more to the 20's than a stinking movie, but you have to see what I'm getting at. A woman is clutching a scaled-down building - but what if a scaled-up woman is clutching a full-sized building? If she was really hairy and there were airplanes flying around her, we would all be making a King Kong reference. I'm probably wrong, I'm probably nowhere close to what the imagery is supposed to represent, but I thought I'd drop my thoughts into the collective pool.

duncang
10-27-2006, 02:42 PM
If she was really hairy and there were airplanes flying around her, we would all be making a King Kong reference.

Oh, you've convinced me now.