PDA

View Full Version : Oh my, I really think I got it!!!

BlanketEffect
10-25-2006, 10:43 AM
"Cutting my law right in two"

It's said and fits in every single time it's said, it never changes. The phoenetics are all there, especially on a tweaked listening medium, and it goes along with the theme of the song and album.

There's a bit of a Christian connotation to a lot of the album even if it's not necessarily to promote Christianity, but Jesus' only commandment, or law, was to love one another. Add to that the reference to angels and 'Father' and it's a good bet that the Christian imagery was used intentionally and not merely by coincidence.

'Love one another' is the law that we're cutting right in two. We divide our love and pick and choose enemies.

Oh, and also I think I had another breakthrough:

"Fight, till they die, for what? For their writing" --- which would then tie it back into people fighting over their brand of love (religion/ spirituality/peace/freedom/governemnt)

shifty50fs
10-25-2006, 01:54 PM
Interesting, but I'm gonna have to say no.

base metal
10-25-2006, 09:52 PM
Hmmm...not bad, hard to say for sure about the lyrics, I am hearing law though. I'm not gonna say that you're wrong, just not sure if that IS in fact what he's saying, not to criticize you though, this topic is a toughy and I think you have a whorthy thread.

As for your analysis of the songs meaning, I think you are on the money.

Terry21
10-27-2006, 06:34 PM
I'm still hearing "divide" clearly.

mr. nikki jensen
10-28-2006, 10:05 AM
"Cutting my law right in two"

It's said and fits in every single time it's said, it never changes. The phoenetics are all there, especially on a tweaked listening medium, and it goes along with the theme of the song and album.

There's a bit of a Christian connotation to a lot of the album even if it's not necessarily to promote Christianity, but Jesus' only commandment, or law, was to love one another. Add to that the reference to angels and 'Father' and it's a good bet that the Christian imagery was used intentionally and not merely by coincidence.

'Love one another' is the law that we're cutting right in two. We divide our love and pick and choose enemies.

Oh, and also I think I had another breakthrough:

"Fight, till they die, for what? For their writing" --- which would then tie it back into people fighting over their brand of love (religion/ spirituality/peace/freedom/governemnt)

i hear it too

something_Dark
12-08-2006, 02:28 AM
yeah I'm hearing it too. But cant be for sure. How long before we get an official post on toolband.com? How long did it take for Lateralus's lyrics to get posted I wonder?

BlanketEffect
12-08-2006, 08:39 AM
I dunno... I'm also wondering if when the other album's lyrics were released were they all at once or one song at a time like has happened for 10K Days. Anyone know?

LVX
12-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Father is also used in Qaballah to denote the source or creator, and is used in hebrew texts often.

The most intresting line to me in this song is "don't these talking monkeys know that eden has enough to go around"

Now what is eden ? I have my oppinion on that and it is difficult to word. Eden is a present day reality. The energy or root substance of everything in the universe that anyone can tap into. Dwell on this, the first line from the pattern on the trestleboard......"All the power that ever was or will be is here now".......

Eden has enough to go around for all of us, but when we dont realize that we try to take and posess things from others due to our lack of faith that the universe will provide. and we fight amongst ourselves to secure a false sense of well being and try to possess things we think will give us security and happiness.

LVX
12-09-2006, 02:50 PM
Father is also used in Qaballah to denote the source or creator, and is used in hebrew texts often.

The most intresting line to me in this song is "don't these talking monkeys know that eden has enough to go around"

Now what is eden ? I have my oppinion on that and it is difficult to word. Eden is a present day reality. The energy or root substance of everything in the universe that anyone can tap into. Dwell on this, the first line from the pattern on the trestleboard......"All the power that ever was or will be is here now".......

Eden has enough to go around for all of us, but when we dont realize that we try to take and posess things from others due to our lack of faith that the universe will provide. and we fight amongst ourselves to secure a false sense of well being and try to possess things we think will give us security and happiness.

Inbleach
01-11-2007, 05:59 PM
I always just thought it said "Cut it all right in two"

I'm going to be on this song like stink on shit for the next 8 hours or so.

BlanketEffect
01-11-2007, 07:40 PM
I'm going to be on this song like stink on shit for the next 8 hours or so.

Let us know how that works out for you.