PDA

View Full Version : Communication=Intimacy

Andrea
05-31-2003, 04:12 AM
It's about communication and how vital IT is in our progression as humans. Communication is the core to any relationship whether it be as lovers, friends, siblings, etc. The song, as well as the entire album, has several references to various religions. In Schism. for instance, it refers to our bodies as temples (xianity) and how when we are lost, confused, dysfunctional ("..watch the temple tumble over to bring the pieces back together rediscover communication.") the fact that we have the ability to communicate with one another can put our lives and our Self into perspective. In the video you see a man and a woman metamorphosis into one and I see that as a form of intimacy. You can be sexually intimate, granted, but you can also be intimate through conversation. When you are making love, you and your partner become one. When you are having conversation, the same result occurs. The song is a masterpiece in its own right.

reedc33
06-02-2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Andrea
In Schism. for instance, it refers to our bodies as temples (xianity)

I can't recall anything in Christianity that says the body is a temple.

reedc33
06-02-2003, 07:29 AM
Well, hell, I was wrong...why did I think that was a Hindu concept? Must be universal...

"Based on Edgar Cayce's Readings

written by John Van Auken

St. Paul asked in 1 Corinthians: “Don’t you know that you are a temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?” and “Don’t you know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, which you have from God?” In 2 Corinthians he comes right out and says it plainly: “We are a temple of the living God; even as God said, ‘I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.’”"

soberwithapenis
06-02-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by mstajduh

people forget that the bible is a paradox.. it's contradictory at the same time, complimentary...how can something be old (old testament) and new (new testament)? This is what God is.. this is what TooL is.. a paradox... Life is a paradox.. even in death is a part of Life.

Show me truth in the bible and i will believe that it is a paradox. I believe that the bible is completely contradictory throughout. Calling God a paradox is the easiest way out of the argument of the existence of god. Tool are most definitely not a paradox, they just are. What about them contradicts themselves. hidden meaning in their songs? conflicting views on things? Things like these are what make Tool. If you think Tool are contradicting themselves, they aren't; just giving you both sides. Thats where you as the induvidual come in. Dont read into it whats not there. Rather take out of it what you feel its usefull to you. then leave it til next time. Thats the Beauty of Tool's music. Each time you listen to a song, you can come away with a slightly diferrent view on things. Will any of us attain the thinkings and exact philosophy of Tool? maybe but, thats not what Tool want. To most of us, Tool is the authority on good music and proper knowledge. Remeber to keep in mind what Timothy Leary said: "Think for yourself, Question authority." If you think about it everyone is authority. Question everyone and everything. If you accept something, dont do it blindly. Understand the how's and why's to everything you accept or reject.

Just read the quote on the Opinion Homepage.

reedc33
06-02-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by soberwithapenis

Is that your signature?

soberwithapenis
06-02-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by reedc33
Is that your signature?

nope, just my advise to all who care to take it. There is a reason it is there.

Jimmy Pop
06-02-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by soberwithapenis

Why do you spam this forum with that bullshit? We all know the quote on the Opinion Homepage. Now, please STFU.

soberwithapenis
06-03-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Jimmy Pop
Why do you spam this forum with that bullshit? We all know the quote on the Opinion Homepage. Now, please STFU.

sorry, but you do know you dont have to read it. No one is forcing you to. So just quit whinning, there are a lot less meaningful things all over the place.

just read...ok im done.

PrivBailey
06-03-2003, 06:00 PM
The bible is not a paradox. The old testament was a story of the nation of Isreal. The old testament shows god as a king of this nation. God sets rules for this nation and when they were broke he dealt out punishment. The new testament is about god the father. It is a deal that who ever believes that he sent his son shall have eternal life. Old Testament = God the Ruler, New Testament = God the father. How is that paradox?