PDA

View Full Version : my art is better than yours, take a look

Peekay
05-30-2003, 01:21 PM
http://www.morphedmedia.com/tdn/view.php?id=041759PM.jpg

plexus
05-30-2003, 08:15 PM
that chinese guy looks like a rucking fetard!!!!!1111

i'm guessing that you were being sarcastic in your title... but im not gonna give you the benifit of the doubt... so im not gonna make a serious reply to this picture...

"me chinese, me play joke...me put random floating cube in your coke... where did he go gorge...where did he goo?....WEEEEEE-AWWWW"

plexus
05-30-2003, 08:18 PM
oh yea... and is that guy in the back raiden?... that would be cool... you shouldve put goro in the back fucking that cube with four dicks...

Paladin
05-30-2003, 08:20 PM
seems a bit incoherent to me...

Peekay
05-30-2003, 08:43 PM
[QUOTE[B]that chinese guy looks like a rucking fetard!!!!!QUOTE]

Actually, he's Vietnamese, but I suppose they all look the same to you? And for the comment about coherence, take a look at dali or miro or magritte...surrealism doesn't require coherence of subject matter...in fact, the entire point of it is to reproduce things from the sub conscious without the influece of the logical mind.
and when i say it's better, i don't mean better than everyone', i mean it's better than a lot of the absolute shit i've seen on here

plexus
05-30-2003, 10:22 PM
your art isnt that good dude... i can usually tell the differenct between asian nationalities... but not when theyre a bad drawing... and... i hate cocky people....

comfortablynumb
05-30-2003, 10:48 PM
I like the background... with the man and the floating cube... Take out the "Vietnamese" kid and the wagon and... magnifying glass(?) and I think it'd be alright.

revolver_7
05-30-2003, 10:52 PM
the whole drawing is good

except the face...

i like the shading and the 3dness of the drawing it pretty good...

A-

Paladin
05-31-2003, 07:00 AM
i know surrealism buddy,so fuck off, i meant underlying message; if it means nothing at all other than i like putting random stuff in space, than...its of no value to me. it looks like a guy....looking like a goof with a wagon death is behind him and a cube is floating with triangle mountains...even Dali had underlying messages, the imagery is just incoherent at first....so if this IS actualy coherent in message, do explain.

Deftones
05-31-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by plexus
that chinese guy looks like a rucking fetard!!!!!1111

haha your right, i see it to, looks kinda numb!

oh yea... and is that guy in the back raiden?... that would be cool...

i hope it is, oh well, even when he isent, this stays a good piece of art

shouldve put goro in the back fucking that cube with four dicks...

you only think of sex, dont you?

Dredg
05-31-2003, 12:56 PM
I think the drawing is good

is Paladin and plexus jealous or something? why are you guys insulting Peekay

I did get the dali feel from that picture. The picture is different from the rest which is Paladin and Plexus posting their pictures and a couple others posting Photoshop art

plexus
05-31-2003, 01:18 PM
well... first of all... im not jealous... like i said on my first post, im not gonna have any respect for people who says things likr "my art is better than yours"... i can draw much better than this guy anyway...

second of all... for a seriouos comment about it.. it has bad shading... smearing with your finger or a peice of paper like that is a horrible shading technique... its a crutch... the graphite looks good for drawing because its reflectant of light... when you smear like that, it jut looses all its properties... it just looks bad...

and thirdishly... please dont compare this to dali again... it kinda makes me sick... this is nothing like dali... and im guessing the people who think so have only seen maybe one or two dali paintings...

IC
05-31-2003, 05:15 PM
Well, I do not like the piece. I can appriciate that you put the work into it, but it doesnt seem to have any point either. The face on the one figure is distorted, and unbalances the rest of the work. The shading is done well, but the piece in whole is empty.

Dredg
05-31-2003, 08:20 PM
dont over think it.....it has a surrealism look to it.....maybe it's not vintage surrealism...but you know what he had in mind.

I always thought ART was subjective...

I guess he dug himself his own grave with the title of the topic.

Peekay
05-31-2003, 08:24 PM
it occurs to me that if i had used a different subject line in this thread the feedback would be very different
if i said, hey, look at this, comments welcome, everyone would give me some bullshit constructive critiscm

and yeah
i do have a big ego, so this helps keep it in check

and about surrealism..any underlining meaning is not intentional. By definition, surrealists try to use automatism; The meaning is not thought about, it is just intrinsically there since they are inspired by dreams. Tthe only thing they should be thinking about should be how to blend their colours or values or whatever...they should not concern themselves with the content

m4yn4rd
05-31-2003, 08:33 PM
im with plexus on this one, o and btw, i edited the pictures to show....ah just look

http://www.morphedmedia.com/tdn/view.php?id=113039PM.jpg

m4yn4rd
05-31-2003, 08:34 PM
now mine is art!

Peekay
05-31-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by m4yn4rd
im with plexus on this one, o and btw, i edited the pictures to show....ah just look

this acutally made me laugh

and yeah, from the pic that this was inspired from, it looks like the guy is missing an arm

plexus
05-31-2003, 09:51 PM
i thought the arm was off too.. i thought that part was cool too.. i didnt think that was too cool doing that to the guys drawing though... but he took it lighly so i guess its ok...

Merkaba
05-31-2003, 10:28 PM
speaking of raiden, i just played mortal kombat 1 on genesis. it was awesome, i was raiden and teleported and shit. i think the pic is good, i just hate the vietnamese guy. maybe he lost his arm as a birth defect, due to all the radiation or whatever in vietnam?

plexus
05-31-2003, 11:50 PM
agent orange

Deftones
06-01-2003, 12:07 AM

http://www.morphedmedia.com/tdn/view.php?id=113039PM.jpg

this was much better, i didnt even seen his arm (because it wasnt there anyway) but i mean, i didnt notice it wasnt there, looks kinda cool though...
and about that scarcrow... hmmz, good idea, but i would like it more if it was that raiden guy.. oh well

Paladin
06-01-2003, 07:27 AM
both plexus and i do pencil drawings...fantastical drawings at that, how is this much differnt?

m4yn4rd
06-01-2003, 08:29 AM
too many flaws, and confusion

Paladin
06-01-2003, 08:39 AM
ok, but as for good stuff...it does have a good 3d aspect at times, although the perspective changes kind of throw me off.
The shading, although, could be better is good. The face...totaly fucked up, thats nto good, work on the faces a bit. wagon is best bit on the thing, the whatever the hell that thing is...culdron perhaps? i dunno, seems out of place. and although surrealism does seem random and comes from the unconscious mind... the mind is far more complex than you'd believe and even though sometimes we dont try to have an underlying meaning its still there, if its done properly, and like i said ebfore...this still seems like a bunch of confusion and incoherence..

Peekay
06-01-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Paladin
the mind is far more complex than you'd believe and even though sometimes we dont try to have an underlying meaning its still there, if its done properly, and like i said ebfore...this still seems like a bunch of confusion and incoherence..

the underlying meaning is not intentional, exactly, and the symbolism of objects is open for interpretation, a psychiatrist or whatever would be better at figuring it out than an artist

psilomind
06-02-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Peekay
the underlying meaning is not intentional, exactly, and the symbolism of objects is open for interpretation, a psychiatrist or whatever would be better at figuring it out than an artist

Heres the underlying message:

A crackhead artist will draw whatever the hell he feel is easiest to draw that just might look cool in the picture.

C'mon. You really think there's anything meaningful about a fucking wraith following a retarded oriental guy near what could be a damn pot of gold for all I know? Fut the shuck up.

Paladin
06-02-2003, 01:24 PM
ahh finaly.... someone else is in agreement, at least in post.

MeThoD
06-02-2003, 09:14 PM
yah i could tell it was vietnam... but i hate you for being such an ass thinking youre so good, its not that great.... just cause your mommy might have said so it doenst mean its true

plexus
06-03-2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by MeThoD
just cause your mommy might have said so it doenst mean its true

hahahahahaha.... good one

nwimnthng0
06-03-2003, 07:48 AM
damn
doesnt take much for you morons to get riled up. everyone needs to fucking relax and come to realization that he chose the topic sentence to prove a point, and that he has, if he WERE to say "hey look at my good, what do you think?" everyone would have been "oh its great etc etc."

so predictable

Paladin
06-03-2003, 11:57 AM
actualy, i already stated my thaughts...its proportions and stuff are way off...and i just dont like the look of it. so, no not predictable.

psilomind
06-03-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by nwimnthng0
damn
doesnt take much for you morons to get riled up. everyone needs to fucking relax and come to realization that he chose the topic sentence to prove a point, and that he has, if he WERE to say "hey look at my good, what do you think?" everyone would have been "oh its great etc etc."

so predictable

Rewarding arrogance? What are you, French?

plexus
06-03-2003, 01:44 PM
French Canadian?

Oblive
06-03-2003, 07:22 PM
French Canadian?

LEAVE THE CANADIANS OUT OF THIS!@&*@#)@#

plexus
06-03-2003, 07:47 PM
hey man... dont get me wrong... i like canada... i was kust joking about how psilomind said "what are you, french?" and the fact that nwimnthng0 is obviously canadian cause of his icon... it just went together so easily...

random_spiral
06-04-2003, 12:13 AM
the artwork isnīt that great, letīs just make that point clear.
i think i did better work as a freshman in high school...

Oblive
06-05-2003, 09:04 PM
i was just kidding plexus...was a joke..us canadians do that once in awhile :P

m4yn4rd
06-06-2003, 04:03 PM
im canadian, but im not french, im from Toronto.... i hate the french! they smell funny.... tho i just got back from quebec city on a school trip

psilomind
06-07-2003, 05:26 AM
im canadian, but im not french, im from Toronto.... i hate the french! they smell funny.... tho i just got back from quebec city on a school trip

Thats odd. My school trips usually involve me doing a bunch of drugs during lunch.

plexus
06-08-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by psilomind
Thats odd. My school trips usually involve me doing a bunch of drugs during lunch.

hahahahahahahaha ditto